Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-05, 13:10   Link #141
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I wouldn't go so far to say at least 250-300 million, but I think it could potentially get up to that level. I'm thinking more like 100 million at least, I don't think the world government is dumb enough to put 300 million on a guy who hasn't technically proven his threat. However, due to the fact the government is trying to eradicate all traces of Roger from history, I'd say 100-150 million would be his minimal bounty. Much like Robin's 78 million "Ohara" bounty.
I will put my finger on been 200+ Given he is commanding People who could easily have bounties around 100 belly. Not to mention Before ID, WG new too little about Buggy, they didn’t even knew he had DF, so, WG could just give Buggy a big bounty out of lack of knowledge.
Old 2010-11-05, 14:04   Link #142
marvelB

About Buggy's bounty, I'm still kinda hoping that he gets a higher price than Luffy (or at least the same as him) if it turns out he hasn't become a Shichibukai during the skip. But even if he did, he'll probably end up causing some huge blunder at some point that will get him kicked off the faction and raise the price on his head, anyway! And speaking of Shichibukai, I wonder how much Croc's reward is now that he's once more an active pirate......

Actually, this reminds me: There's a mighty good chance that Franky's bounty has risen, as well. After all, he did kinda destroy one of Vegapunk's labs before the timeskip (and in the presence of a group of marines, at that). I wonder if such an offense would get his price raised to a supernova-level amount.....?
Old 2010-11-05, 14:13   Link #143
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Well he does smoke 2 cigars at a time. 2nd hand smoke damage maybe?
Good point, he does carry enough cigars with him to cause some damage .

As for Buggy, well, he must've grown stronger (and smarter), otherwise he wouldn't have survived. Plus, he was in Roger's crew! The bastard a true cockroach , he's the only one I'm pretty sure will be alive by the end of the series (others are in question, though I do hope nobody else dies).
Old 2010-11-05, 14:54   Link #144
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
About Buggy's bounty, I'm still kinda hoping that he gets a higher price than Luffy (or at least the same as him) if it turns out he hasn't become a Shichibukai during the skip. But even if he did, he'll probably end up causing some huge blunder at some point that will get him kicked off the faction and raise the price on his head, anyway! And speaking of Shichibukai, I wonder how much Croc's reward is now that he's once more an active pirate......

Actually, this reminds me: There's a mighty good chance that Franky's bounty has risen, as well. After all, he did kinda destroy one of Vegapunk's labs before the timeskip (and in the presence of a group of marines, at that). I wonder if such an offense would get his price raised to a supernova-level amount.....?
Speaking of Bounties, Caribou and Coribu have higher bounties than Zoro!, the SH need to do some mayor uproar to get those Bounties updated.
Old 2010-11-05, 15:19   Link #145
marvelB

^Most of the previous generation's super rookies had bigger bounties than Zoro as well, but I definitely agree with you. Maybe Chopper will finally raise his price up another 50 berry!
Old 2010-11-05, 15:52   Link #146
Heiwatsuki

Quote:
Most of the previous generation's super rookies had bigger bounties than Zoro as well, but I definitely agree with you. Maybe Chopper will finally raise his price up another 50 berry!
LOL 50 berry. btw whats zoro's bounty currently?
Old 2010-11-05, 15:55   Link #147
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKou View Post
LOL 50 berry. btw whats zoro's bounty currently?
120 million berries as far as we know.

Might've gone up over the 2 years but since he didn't really do anything against the World Government during that time it's unlikely.
Old 2010-11-05, 16:14   Link #148
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
but since he didn't really do anything against the World Government during that time it's unlikely.
We don't really know that, if Luffy finished his training early, then Zoro could have as well. The activties of the Strawhat crew during the time skip is still largely a mystery. And even if he didn't do anything to the WG, if anyone found out he was Mihawk's apprentice he would be sure to get a hefty bounty raise imo.
Old 2010-11-05, 17:35   Link #149
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And speaking of Shichibukai, I wonder how much Croc's reward is now that he's once more an active pirate......
I expect that Croc, Moria, and Jimbei will all receive bounty increases since they no longer have any alignment with the WG.

I'm curious to know if it was a collaborative effort that managed to damage Kuma so badly during his guarding of the Thousand Sunny. Fodder aren't capable of such a feat, so I would imagine that it was some supernova-level pirates or perhaps a few vice admirals that were responsible for Kuma's battered condition.
Old 2010-11-05, 18:10   Link #150
james0246

^Moriah (have to get used to spelling it that way), was announced as dead, so he will not receive any increrase to his bounty.
Old 2010-11-05, 18:15   Link #151
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Moriah (have to get used to spelling it that way), was announced as dead, so he will not receive any increrase to his bounty.
The strawhats were presumed dead and yet Luffy received an increase in his bounty. The WG will soon come to the realization (if they haven't already) that Moriah is still alive; and when he returns with a vengeance, that will warrant a bounty increase. Besides, a lot can happen in 2 years. Who knows what he's been up to.
Old 2010-11-05, 18:29   Link #152
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The strawhats were presumed dead and yet Luffy received an increase in his bounty. The WG will soon come to the realization (if they haven't already) that Moriah is still alive; and when he returns with a vengeance, that will warrant a bounty increase. Besides, a lot can happen in 2 years. Who knows what he's been up to.
Luffy obviously got an increase in his bounty after attacking Marineford a second time. It was only later he was presumed dead (what with not attacking any other major Marine forts).

That being said, the WG, or at least agents of the WG, already know that Moriah is alive. Rather, they do not increase his bounty solely due to the fact that they were the ones that announced his death.

As far as the world is concerned, Moriah died in battle. So, any increase in bounty posthumously, would only cause the citizens of the world to become suspicious. So, until Moriah actually does something, he will be presumed dead by the world, and his bounty will stay where it was when he originally became a Shichibukai.
Old 2010-11-05, 19:00   Link #153
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Luffy obviously got an increase in his bounty after attacking Marineford a second time. It was only later he was presumed dead (what with not attacking any other major Marine forts).
There's no confirmation of this, even though it's quite likely. He was presumed dead due to his inactivity for 2 whole years, not because he didn't attack any other marine strongholds.

Quote:
As far as the world is concerned, Moriah died in battle. So, any increase in bounty posthumously, would only cause the citizens of the world to become suspicious. So, until Moriah actually does something, he will be presumed dead by the world, and his bounty will stay where it was when he originally became a Shichibukai.
Who's to say he hasn't done anything yet? We simply don't know at this moment. 2 whole years have elapsed since his failed assassination.

When word gets out that he's still alive, how is the WG going to answer the public? Regardless of the explanation they give, that won't change the fact that Moria's still alive and terrorizing the seas. He'll be a threat once again, and that is reason enough to increase his bounty.
Old 2010-11-05, 19:02   Link #154
Slayerx

Quote:
The strawhats were assumed dead by the public; if i recall the marines never came to any such conclusion.
Old 2010-11-05, 19:48   Link #155
james0246

Quote:
There's no confirmation of this, even though it's quite likely. He was presumed dead due to his inactivity for 2 whole years, not because he didn't attack any other marine strongholds.
I'm pretty sure attacking marine strongholds is considered "activity"…

That being said, you're arguing semantics. It makes no sense to raise the bounty of a dead man, in fact to do so is downright detrimental to the reputation of the WG.

Quote:
Who's to say he hasn't done anything yet?
Who says he has?

Quote:
When word gets out that he's still alive, how is the WG going to answer the public? Regardless of the explanation they give, that won't change the fact that Moria's still alive and terrorizing the seas. He'll be a threat once again, and that is reason enough to increase his bounty.
Yes, when, or if, Moriah re-emerges, the WG will have to address that question. In the meantime, though, and to get back to the original point, Moriah's bounty will not increase until he re-emerges, and right now there is no indication that he has re-emerged (Perona wouldn't have been hanging out with Zoro if Moriah was back in business, so we can only assume that he is still hiding).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-05 at 22:14. Reason: thanks stigi, I forgot the emoticon...
Old 2010-11-05, 20:51   Link #156
stigi

Who says he has, who says he hasn't? come on guys. No one can be sure except Mr. Oda himself. The discussion you are having is meaningless since you both go and say: Who say he has and who says he hasn't?
Old 2010-11-06, 01:03   Link #157
raziel16

Quote:
Yes, when, or if, Moriah re-emerges, the WG will have to address that question. In the meantime, though, and to get back to the original point, Moriah's bounty will not increase until he re-emerges, and right now there is no indication that he has re-emerged (Perona wouldn't have been hanging out with Zoro if Moriah was back in business, so we can only assume that he is still hiding).
I didn't read anywhere where Moria is being killed, but didn't he pretty much had been owned by doflamingo (forgot the spelling) and several pacifistas back then? So flamingo didn't finish him off and let him escape then?

How many sichibukai are left anyway? They seem to drop out faster than the WG could appoint their substitute.
Old 2010-11-06, 01:08   Link #158
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
How many sichibukai are left anyway? They seem to drop out faster than the WG could appoint their substitute.
By process of elimination the only 4 Shichibukai we currently know of that still have their status are Mihawk, Doflamingo, Kuma and Hancock. Hancock may or may not have lost her status over the 2 years though.

It's interesting to think who they got to fill in the 3 empty spots. It's hypothesized that Buggy might be one now since he got a letter from the World Government.
Old 2010-11-06, 02:49   Link #159
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ can't even call Kuma one anymore.
Old 2010-11-06, 03:30   Link #160
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
So flamingo didn't finish him off and let him escape then?.
No, it seems Doflamingo tried to finish him off, but Moriah used a Technique to dissapear using his DF, something that Doflamingo wasnt aware of.

About Zoro bounty, I doubt he had an increase during his absence, Zoro didnt do anything noteworthy since Enies Lobies, whereas Luffy, Punched A Tenryubito, Stormed ID and was in the frontline of the war, not to mention he was revealed to the public he is Dragon son.

Is possible that Luffy, Sanji and Zoro get a Bounty increase after what Sentoumaru witnessed.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion