AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 15:35   Link #781
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, a wonderful, wonderful series. Thanks to those who worked on the fansubs.

The story was deep, the character design and drawing were pure and expressive. And I thought the voice work was outstanding. Especially Kokoro and Yuzuyu.

In episode one, Kokoro's delivery really put a wealth of meanings into one of the most common lines in anime: "Baka!" I loved that moment, which foreshadowed the whole romance. Throughout, her one-beat-late delivery brought Kokoro alive. The seiyuu, HARA Fumina 原史奈, has a website:
http://ref.co.jp/fumina/index.html

And from what I can gather from searching her name in Japanese, the seiyuu for Yuzuyu was actually nine years old: KUZUHARA (or maybe TSUDZURAHARA) Miyu (黒葛原未有 ). No wonder she could get that five-year-old voice so right.

I didn't start watching this series right away. It just didn't look that great on paper. Then I saw other people's positive comments in this forum. Thanks for turning me on to the series.

Spoiler:
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 15:57   Link #782
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Good work everyone for spreading the Aishiteruze Baby love.
I liked the open ending a lot, its nice to know everyone will be living on and doing the things we enjoyed watching them do. This was very sweet.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 16:00   Link #783
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Ha, Satsuki looked really happy when talking with Ayumi on the computer. Maybe he isn't as heartless when he's alone.
Yeah, he's one of those who don't easily show their feelings, I like his character very much
This is a lovely anime I've appreciated until the end! Ahh!! That's a heart-warming ending! ^^
Old 2004-10-11, 16:26   Link #784
ShikaShika
無罪

Wasn't all that thrilled about the ending...

Spoiler:

Oh and yeah, thanks AonE and all other groups for the subs...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 16:38   Link #785
Urashima-Sempai

I love the ending, one of my favorite animes of all time, too ˆˆ

Spoiler:
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 18:22   Link #786
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Damn, a.f.k.'s getting no love. We love you too for the excellent work you did on the series.
Yeah, I hear that. I apreciate AonE for continuing through to the end, but I really loved A.F.K. version the best. Too bad their TL decided to go check out and leave us all hanging mid way through.

Well, if he comes back and they do in fact finish this series, their version is going onto cd for long term storage.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 18:37   Link #787
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
Wasn't all that thrilled about the ending...

Spoiler:

Oh and yeah, thanks AonE and all other groups for the subs...
Spoiler:
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 18:42   Link #788
Urashima-Sempai

Haha, I teared up listening to the quote at the end of the episode by Kippei

Spoiler:

Last edited by Urashima-Sempai; 2004-10-11 at 18:44. Reason: misspelling
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 18:44   Link #789
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

I want more aibaby

*cries*

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 22:23   Link #790
TerryMathews

Spoiler:
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 00:03   Link #791
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Talking

That was the best ending to a show, that I have ever seen.
Spoiler:

Props to all the wonderful fansub groups that brought us such a wonderful show. I think this one will be in my collection for a long time.
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 08:47   Link #792
FriedBunny
Ayeeeee!

Very satisfying ending. Kokoro, Kippei, and Yuzuyu really seemed to grow (both literally and as characters), especially in the final few episodes.

I'd also like to say how much I really appreciate the efforts of all three subbing-groups, you all did excellent jobs.
FriedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 05:39   Link #793
wraith985

Send a message via AIM to wraith985
I liked the ending a lot. I feel like the whole show was meant to develop the characters of kippei and kokoro a lot more than it was meant to tell a story about Yuzuyu and her separation from her parents; that situation was the vehicle through which Kokoro and Kippei developed emotionally, and I think they did a really great job on that ; I think the posts about how heartwarming the series was and how people really got attached to characters (kokoro-chin <3) is proof enough of that.

definitely one of my favorites, and something that will, without a question, be archived.
wraith985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 12:22   Link #794
luniz

Well I gotta say I loved the series, even though it's not my typical kind of anime. It walked a fine line between sweet and too sweet for a long time but I think they did a good job of "keeping it real" or whatever. Yea it was pretty idealized but oh well...maybe it just goes to show that it is possible to be really and truly happy.

Spoiler:

Oh yea I think some of your are a little hard on Kippei for being a "womanizer". Maybe he was just being a nice guy and trying to give people (errmm ok girls) what they wanted.

Oh yea, thanks to Lunar and AonE. It's really nice to come home and get to watch something like this when life is crummy.
luniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 04:41   Link #795
7thMethuselah

Aaaaaah , noooo .... it ended

I really loved this show and the thought there are no more episodes left is really depressing Luckily I still have the manga...

Just saw the final episode, it ended more or less as I had expected
Spoiler:

I really liked the realism (ok, it was a bit idealised) of AB, not to mention Yuzuyu was melting my heart every time she jumped around happily over the smallest thing
Someone license this please I got to have this show on DVD

PS Doomo arigato gozaimasu Lunar-sama for doing an excellent job on AB !!!
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 12:56   Link #796
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Aishiteru ze Baby was a great anime from Spring 2004. I almost gave up on this anime just from seeing the name. I expected it to have the main "baby" as an annoying troublemaker. I'm glad this wasn't the case.

It's nice to see that it's only focus wasn't on just Yuzuyu all series long (but she's sooo kawaii) but also Yuzuyu's cousin (I forget her name right now), and Kokoro. I'm happy with the way it ended, since there's always hope that Yuzuyu's mom will return.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2006-02-15 at 23:00.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 15:21   Link #797
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Just an oddball observation, but given the number of anime that start great and end poorly, the way they ended this one is just spectacular.

On a side note however, I'm wondering what you guys would think about this idea for the ed episode of a S2 if they ever make one. Have all the loose ends get tied up of ourse in the last two episodes, mom comes back, everyone's happy, then flash forward 10 years. Yuzuyu is a young girl in HS, Kippei and Kokoro are married with kid(s), and Kippei's little bro (I forget his name) is also married, with or without kids is debatable. Yuzuyu's mom is also remarried.

What do you guys think? Would it be an ending that would work?
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:02   Link #798
Zicky-Chan
Little Grasshopper

Send a message via MSN to Zicky-Chan
IMHO the best caracter development was miki-chan followed by kokoro. the reason why kokoro is second is because i kind felt they left behind kokoro a couple of times and suddendly a new kokoro appears...in the other hand i know what miki-chan was going through so leaving behind the fact that kokoro-chin is more cute....miki-chan rules!

Would it be wrong if i want to be hot chick so i can have so Girl on Girl action???
Zicky-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 22:40   Link #799
criderjg

Thanks

Thanks many times to the fansub groups, Lunar and Anime One. It's a shame that it's over. I'd love to see another season, especially if Kippei and Kokoro married and adopted Yuzuyu and if Yuzuyu's mother showed up to take her back.
criderjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 00:21   Link #800
JokerD

Many thanks to those who subbed this series, great job.

I wonder if it's a good think or a bad thing Reiko (the sister) did not meet Kokoro, would have been interesting to see her reaction though. As for season 2, I don't think it's too likely, I don't want one either, since as it stands, things are more or less complete now. The anime did a great job of translating the manga to screen.

Just downloaded the vol 6 raws, woo... look pretty pictures (can't understand a word of jap) can someone please tell me what's going on.

Spoiler:

damn I really want to know what's going on.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance