Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-10, 18:18   Link #541
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Hm I thought that was a 'tingle' of jealousy from Neneko... I guess I'll have another look when I rewatch the series.
Have to admit i did at first, until i rewatched the entire series. There are hints throught the show that Miu is also picking up on what Takeya feels, especially after the well incident.

Course thats just my thoughts on it, doesnt mean im right
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 18:34   Link #542
Avaj
?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
The group that did the subs for the first season are also going to do the DVD releases, so those have no censorship. The story was great, a part from the last few episodes which seemed nothing but pure fanservice and filler to end the season, i was disapointed, but still love the show, and still love Miharu :P
While thats true, the group has stated that they are going to wait for the dvd's, which means if said person wants to see it now, they see it censored.

I think the 'tingle' was between Ren and Takeya.
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 18:53   Link #543
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
hmm...i think i try and give Girls BRAVO a chance..

oh, and Trax. Love your avatar ^_^
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 23:01   Link #544
Dejital

The 'tingle' o__<;;

I thought it was jealousy at first, but I'm convinced now that it was Miu getting a hint that Ren and Takeya have the legendary gift.
Dejital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 23:19   Link #545
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejital
The 'tingle' o__<;;

I thought it was jealousy at first, but I'm convinced now that it was Miu getting a hint that Ren and Takeya have the legendary gift.
I think it was Miu picking up Nekeko's envyness of ren and takeya.
Old 2004-10-11, 08:52   Link #546
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
No licensed manga, and no scanlations??
Tokyopop has it.

Quote:
btw, Girls BRAVO...worth to watch??
Wait 12 days for the DVD version.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 10:22   Link #547
Srin Tuar
無謀

Dears... Movie?

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/d_original/dears/

Hrm, does this page describe a dears movie coming out, or do they simply mean the "movies" are teasers to the PS2 game... hrm. I would like to see a dears movie...

.. looking more closely the date is pretty old.... I dont know.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 10:38   Link #548
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
Wait 12 days for the DVD version.
I agree, wait for the FanSub groub to release the DVD version thats uncensored. For me its more a case of im sick of having to watch a show with 90% of the screen covered in fog that mysteriously appears and disappears. As the new versions are released ill be deleting the old.
Old 2004-10-11, 10:41   Link #549
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/d_original/dears/

Hrm, does this page describe a dears movie coming out, or do they simply mean the "movies" are teasers to the PS2 game... hrm. I would like to see a dears movie...

.. looking more closely the date is pretty old.... I dont know.
Pretty sure it's just movies of the PS2 game.

Wish the game got ported here, but never get those kinda date sim type things though.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 12:11   Link #550
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
I wish ANYTHING came to Sweden...

we dont have any good anime buyable here...=(

it sucks...i should really move to USA <_<
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 12:38   Link #551
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Spoiler:
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 15:52   Link #552
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with Muir Woods (lovely place, by the way) that Neneko was a great character with whom I really sympathized. But I liked the ending. Takeya can have both a slave and a girl-friend. Ren can do the housework; Neneko can handle the romance. Didn't Takeya once tell Neneko that for a girl-friend he was most likely to choose someone the exact opposite of Ren...like Neneko? And Neneko and Ren like each other and get along very well.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 15:57   Link #553
Dejital

Kaoru Chujo: No, Takeya-kun said that big-breasted mature women are the opposite of what he wanted for a girlfriend (Ren is not mature, and she's not too big breasted either). And yes, he did say "like you" towards Neneko-chan.
Spoiler:
Dejital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 17:16   Link #554
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejital
Kaoru Chujo: No, Takeya-kun said that big-breasted mature women are the opposite of what he wanted for a girlfriend (Ren is not mature, and she's not too big breasted either). And yes, he did say "like you" towards Neneko-chan.
Spoiler:
Your missing the point. Takeya does love Ren, thats been made plain several times over the series, and especially so in episode 11. The problem is Ren doesnt understand the concept of love, or the emotions attached to it.

Takeya becoming her master was the only way they could be together, and most likely their relationship will progress from their. You also need to bear in mind that she's only been with Takeya for about 6 weeks, and before that she was frozen for god knows how long. She's gone from one culture to a complete other, its going to take time for her to adjust her thinking.

In a lot of ways Ren is exactly like Shao from Mamotte Shugogetten who also has the same trouble. She has feelings for her master, but she doesnt understand them, so she cant act on them, and her master has feelings for her, but feels she wont understand if he tells her.

Both series end with little or no change, Ren is accepted by Takeya as a slave rather than as a girlfriend, and Shao decides she wont worry about the feelings and try to sort them on her own, while protecting her master.

I'd like to have seen a better ending for both series, ie: both getting a boyfriend/girlfriend/lover, but in truth, its the only way they can end it. You cant just jump over stuff cause you want a happy ending Thats part of the reason i wish there was a second season, there could be some fun with Ren and Takeya discovering their feelings for each other.

But alas thats just wishful thinking
Old 2004-10-11, 17:19   Link #555
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I agree with Muir Woods (lovely place, by the way) that Neneko was a great character with whom I really sympathized. But I liked the ending. Takeya can have both a slave and a girl-friend. Ren can do the housework; Neneko can handle the romance. Didn't Takeya once tell Neneko that for a girl-friend he was most likely to choose someone the exact opposite of Ren...like Neneko? And Neneko and Ren like each other and get along very well.
I see it as Ren being his "wife" now. I think thats really sortof what they mean when Dears say "master" and "slave". Ren is hyper romantic about him and all, they just have some culture and terminology differences to sort out.

Its sortof sad that Neneko lost. But then again she didnt have too much invested in Takeya either. She liked him alot, but really all they had was childhood memories. Neneko can still find someone else. But if Takeya discards Ren then she'll be put down like stray pet. ("eternel sleep" or whatever euphemism) So I think it would have been much sadder if Ren lost.

Also, Neneko had a big hand in making sure Ren got Takeya. If it wasnt for her help it would have never worked out between them. If she was really straightforward about breaking them up she could have. Then shed have takeya in her clutches all to herself.
Old 2004-10-11, 17:34   Link #556
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
But if Takeya discards Ren then she'll be put down like stray pet. ("eternel sleep" or whatever euphemism)
Not a euphemism. They really are going to put her to sleep for eternity. She was put into eternal sleep before she was accidently awoken in episode 1. Same thing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 19:12   Link #557
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
She was put into eternal sleep before she was accidently awoken in episode 1.
Which makes me wonder, why don't they just gas(or more sadist way) the number zero(s) if they are just a defective product.
Old 2004-10-11, 20:54   Link #558
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Not a euphemism. They really are going to put her to sleep for eternity. She was put into eternal sleep before she was accidently awoken in episode 1. Same thing.
How do you know they wont recycle her when they run out of space?
Basically, eternal sleep is as good as dismantled.
She had a lot more at stake, imo.
Old 2004-10-11, 21:03   Link #559
Nolan Void
Discordian Game Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nolan Void
besides, there was an invrestment in her creation, if in the future, they discover a way to salvage the 0's, they they have more viable product
Nolan Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 22:21   Link #560
aahhsin

Quote:
If you think about it, in the last episode where Fina was in some pod, that's probably what they meant for Ren to sleep enternally. If you also recall, Ren did escape from some pod by a river.

I thought this anime was very incomplete, anyone played the game?

Can someone help confirm this?

Looks a lot like Pinapple buns. Are they the same thing or not?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen