Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-16, 01:37   Link #1
tera_ha

Stress relief

Hi

Here are my top 10 to give you an idea what i like though they are different genres that just means i like all sorts of anime

trigun, ouran high school, monster, FMA/brotherhood, code geass, death note, gundam seed, naruto shippuden, one piece(ongoing favourite), rurouni kenshin(all time favourite)

Animes i am currently watching are(that are ongoing)
One piece, naruto, high school of the dead, fairy tail(can't get enough of it), reborn(this feels like its dragging a bit but meh)

Though right now i am looking for something like gintama, i watched it , i am at 180th episode, cant believe i watched most of it in just one month . i slowed down when i heard it ended and the store didn't reach to a point which i really wanted to watch , about gin's teacher and their past. and the arc about kagura's brother

anyways , i am looking for a anime to watch when i want to relief my stress, gintama helped a lot with it, it cheered me up when i was down, its probably the best gag anime. i wanted to share it with my siblings first but i realized it was a bit of a mature show

so anyways , looking for stress reliever anime
Old 2010-09-16, 07:37   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd recommend School Rumble. It's often hilarious and can safely be shared with your siblings. Other than a few jokes about breast sizes there's little that most parents would find offensive. Better yet, you can watch it for free legally at Funimation's streaming site: http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=82.

You might also enjoy the movie Summer Wars. Again it's quite safe to share with your family, and your parents might even enjoy it for its portrayals of Japanese family life. It's recently been licensed by Funi and should be appearing this fall. There are rumors of a limited theatrical release as well.

Finally, for a much slower paced alternative, you might try Cross Game. It's not LOL funny, but it has many amusing moments, and some sad and dramatic ones as well. Even if you're not interested in baseball, it's worth a look. It's streaming at VIZ's site: http://www.vizanime.com/cross-game. Again it's something you could share with anyone in your family.
Old 2010-09-16, 09:14   Link #3
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
for me, generally any shojo/comedy/slice of life helps me relax.
I think it's because any of the problems they get are light hearted or funny in nature (like SR or summer wars that Seiji suggested), so I don't feel to emotionally stressed by watching it (vs for example an anime where the main char is tortured or slashed up). Slice of like is good for me also, because it makes me feel like I'm not the only one with my problems.

last night I had a choice between enough sleep, or watching Sword of the stranger, and I opted for the latter because I was feeling way stressed, and over burdened, and I really helped me unwind.

good luck

~MoM

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
Old 2010-09-16, 09:43   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-09-16, 18:54   Link #5
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
i normally provide links but i'm feeling lazy..

Berserk
Blood+
Bleach
Fate/stay night
InuYasha
Utawarerumono (i'm going to HIGHLY recommend this one)..

and i'm to lazy to post more if you like those anyone of them let me know and i'll give you more..

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-16, 23:02   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervZero View Post
i normally provide links but i'm feeling lazy..

Berserk
Blood+
Bleach
Fate/stay night
InuYasha
Utawarerumono (i'm going to HIGHLY recommend this one)..

and i'm to lazy to post more if you like those anyone of them let me know and i'll give you more..
Yeah u must be superlazy suggesting Bezerk and Blood+ for somebody looking for Gintama replacement ...

There's nothing really as good as Gintama when it comes to blending non-sequitor, spoof, and bathroom humor (Not to mention SERIOUS ACTION! Through the context of shonen-fighter) but if you wanna watch something that goes overboard on some of the random & spoofy elements, Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (And the 2.5 subsequent sequel series) has some similar comedy angles...I found out about Gintama after searching for a series to replace this one...

Another show I'll highly suggest, is Desert Punk...Perfect combo of silliness, light ecchiness, and hardcore action scenes...It's one of those shows that really understands it's content and how it wants to make you laff...
Old 2010-09-17, 10:32   Link #7
NervZero
RAWR!!!

I recommend Berserk and Blood+ because his favorite anime is Kenshin as is mine.. And both of those anime are good recommendations for someone who likes kenshin.. Everything I recommended was based on his list of favorites..

my final recommendation will be Peace Maker http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/peace-maker-kurogane

again i'm recommending this because of all the shows that are in his favorite list..

if you want something a bit slower.. But a classic you could always watch Samurai 7
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/samurai-7

Old 2010-09-17, 12:13   Link #8
tera_ha

Thanks all and yes I do like all sorts of anime but I was looking for more of a Gintama type anime though i am sure there is none like that

School Rumble- meh too many girls in it
Summer Wars- Watched Already
Cross Game has been suggested before but Its just not my type - I tried
Sword of the stranger - Already Watched
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!- Already Watched
Berserk/Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei/Desert Punk - looks good
Peace Maker- I have heard good and bad things about it. Bad things about the ending of it so I will leave it till they have a second season

More recommendations are always welcome
Old 2010-09-17, 12:27   Link #9
cerrian

Looks like you're more into the multi-season long shounen stuff. If that's the case then you might want to look into D.Grayman and Soul Eater.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:51   Link #10
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Looks like you're more into the multi-season long shounen stuff. If that's the case then you might want to look into D.Grayman and Soul Eater.
I have tried both, didn't like d.gray man, stopped watching after 5 episodes , might give it a try later

Loved soul eater though
Old 2010-09-17, 17:34   Link #11
NervZero
RAWR!!!

looking at your list again another anime I think you might really like and is currently airing is Legend of Legendary Heroes
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=11250

Old 2010-11-19, 01:59   Link #12
tera_ha

bumping the thread back

recently i have watched macross frontier and enjoyed it quite a bit(not something i would want to finish it one night)

currently watching: arakawa under the bridge Season 2, hakuouki(subs take forever), one piece, yosuga no sora(though i have lost interest in the story), psychic detective yakumo, nurarihyon no mago(started quite well, kinda dull atm , hoping it gets better), One piece(still my ongoing favourite), Bakuman(love this show just because it shows how hard people work to make anime we get to sit and watch online for nothing), Star Driver(the least favourite ongoing but i still watch it since i don't mind mecha anime), Ore no imouto(however u spell that, love that show)

looking for comedy animes
Old 2010-11-19, 02:08   Link #13
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

I don't know if you'll like it but Shinryaku Ika-Musume is my favorite in the current anime this autumn (it's really funny IMO) and Kami Nomizo Shiru Sekai (The world god only Knows)

and Minami-Ke if you haven't watched it as well
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Old 2010-11-19, 02:15   Link #14
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
I don't know if you'll like it but Shinryaku Ika-Musume is my favorite in the current anime this autumn (it's really funny IMO) and Kami Nomizo Shiru Sekai (The world god only Knows)

and Minami-Ke if you haven't watched it as well
thanks i will give all of them a try, they all seem pretty much for kids but i will give them a try anyways as long as they are funny
Old 2010-11-19, 15:55   Link #15
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Stress relief? Nothing's better than the legend himself, Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)! Do it, you'll die laughing...and end up rearranging your Top 10.
Old 2010-11-19, 16:01   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend following Kuragehime aswell. It's hilarious.
Old 2010-11-19, 17:25   Link #17
signorRossi

I am surprised no one mentioned 'Detroit Metal City' yet. Short episodes and certainly not demanding, yet innocent fun. ;-)
Honey & Clover season one had a very soothing effect on me too, although it is very different to DMC. Natsume Yujiinchou had the same effect.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:47   Link #18
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Stress relief? Nothing's better than the legend himself, Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)! Do it, you'll die laughing...and end up rearranging your Top 10.
GTO- i have actually seen the japanese drama of it, might give the anime a try, not so sure if i will like the old art though
Old 2010-11-19, 20:49   Link #19
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I recommend following Kuragehime aswell. It's hilarious.
not so sure about this too, it loooks kinda old even though its new,i will get a try oncei am done watching Shinryaku Ika-Musume
Old 2010-11-20, 14:16   Link #20
flying ^

what i can think of in my head...

full metal panic 1 and full metal panic 2nd raid
strike witches 1 and 2
genshiken 1 and 2 and OVAs
ToLoveRu OVAs and motto ToLoveRu

and for some old school... Ranma 1/2 (you may skip filler episodes if you want)
Closed Thread