Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 16:21   Link #2581
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Speaking of which, can those who read the following events in the manga inform me if the flashbacks Trunks and Cell have during this fight in Z (taking up an entire episode IIRC) are canon or filler? I could definitely do without Cell's, which were mostly pointless, but I'd like to see Trunks' again, though it's understandable if they're filler and aren't shown.
Pretty sure it's filler, though i haven't read the manga in years and rewatched Z not long ago with friends, so i could be wrong.

Loved the new piece of music for Vegeta's final flash (especially the begin part). Very fitting, along with the rest of the music placement. Sure three tracks there were used in last weeks episode, though when it's such good placement, it doesn't bother you.

Yeah the fight between buff Trunks and Cell is really hands on, as seen in this episode. Shame the art when iffy towards the end, though it will be anything but iffy in next weeks episode. Should be good.
Old 2010-11-14, 16:46   Link #2582
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Krillin the whole episode made me shake my head. He took forever to clue on on getting Vegeta out of there. Even though Trunks told him right before the fight to do it. No wonder he couldn't decide on whether to press a button or not, that guy has no decision making abilities. Not to mention complaining about not being able to see the fight. What is the battle for the survival of the world now, a spectator's sport? Though kind of makes sense to take it where the series does for the finale against Cell. Besides think he's hardly one to look down on Vegeta considering he destroyed the the controller in hopes of getting a girl at long last.

Oh well a good last attack by Vegeta. He didn't take Cell out, but he at least made it hurt.
Old 2010-11-14, 16:53   Link #2583
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Krillin the whole episode made me shake my head. He took forever to clue on on getting Vegeta out of there.
Kuririn is seeing the fight of his life before his eyes. You can see how focused he is on the fight, especially Trunk's new transformation, so it's understandable that he forgot about rescuing Vegeta.
Old 2010-11-14, 17:14   Link #2584
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Krillin the whole episode made me shake my head. He took forever to clue on on getting Vegeta out of there. Even though Trunks told him right before the fight to do it. No wonder he couldn't decide on whether to press a button or not, that guy has no decision making abilities. Not to mention complaining about not being able to see the fight. What is the battle for the survival of the world now, a spectator's sport? Though kind of makes sense to take it where the series does for the finale against Cell. Besides think he's hardly one to look down on Vegeta considering he destroyed the the controller in hopes of getting a girl at long last.

Oh well a good last attack by Vegeta. He didn't take Cell out, but he at least made it hurt.
LOOOOL that one made me laugh quite a bit. I was picturing Krillin picking up a bowl of popcorn to watch the fight or something
Old 2010-11-14, 19:24   Link #2585
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru77 View Post
Well that's a mistake on Akira's part which they nicely corrected in the anime.
How is Trunks being unable to land a hit on Cell a mistake on Toriyama's part? That just all the more reinforces Goku's and Cell's criticisms towards the buffed transformation. Having great power is useless if you can't connect with your opponent.

The anime just added in their own scenes of Trunks landing blows on Cell, and therefore they are filler.

Quote:
That's REALLY overestimating Perfect Cell's intelligence....Krillin took like an hour to pick up Vegeta + speech and then another hour to give the frickin thumbs up and finally fly away. Heck, even Freeza would have noticed, but Cell was already too late to intervene because of Trunks. So actually Trunks did trick him there.

The bad guys always take a good amount of time to kill a fighter and taking that in consideration that Cell suddenly noticed Trunks....Vegeta should consider himself lucky that he has Trunks and the plot with him. >_>
I'm just stating what Perfect Cell said to Trunks subsequent to Krillin fleeing away with Vegeta from the battlefield. He KNEW what Trunks was trying to do, but he didn't care since he no longer had any interest in Vegeta.

Vegeta and Trunks both never stood a chance against Perfect Cell. He could have easily killed the both of them whenever he pleased, but he wanted to see how they measured up to him.

Quote:
Speaking of which, can those who read the following events in the manga inform me if the flashbacks Trunks and Cell have during this fight in Z (taking up an entire episode IIRC) are canon or filler? I could definitely do without Cell's, which were mostly pointless, but I'd like to see Trunks' again, though it's understandable if they're filler and aren't shown.
The flashbacks of Trunks and Cell during their fight in Z were filler.
Old 2010-11-15, 01:59   Link #2586
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The buff SSJ transformation may be flawed, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look badass. Go Trunks, show Broly who's boss when it comes to losing your eye pupils!
It'd probably break all kinds of rules in continuity, but I wanna see 'em arm wrestle. :P

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 07:29   Link #2587
Ahiru77
あひる

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The anime just added in their own scenes of Trunks landing blows on Cell, and therefore they are filler.
Well Trunks is the only character who really deserved to land punches on Perfect Cell after what he's been through. Now, since it's in Kai....it's no longer filler.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 07:37   Link #2588
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Now, since it's in Kai....it's no longer filler.
Well that's nonsense. If it's not in the source material, it's filler.
Old 2010-11-15, 11:55   Link #2589
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well that's nonsense. If it's not in the source material, it's filler.
I agree with you in 99% of cases, but fights are necessarily more detailed and lengthy in anime than in manga. Though I don't really know if that would apply in this instance.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 17:51   Link #2590
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
If Krilin had pressed the button, the world would have been saved earlier and he would have died a virgin. Worths the trouble I guess.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 10:21   Link #2591
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This week's episode was quite good. Trunks' fight with Cell is over and the latter informed the former he'll be hosting a tournament in 10 days time. A new lyrical song played when Trunks was battling Cell, so Shiroth you're in for a real treat .
Old 2010-11-21, 10:23   Link #2592
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
A new lyrical song played when Trunks was battling Cell, so Shiroth you're in for a real treat .
Well that's quite a surprise. I wonder if it's one of the character song's being used.
Old 2010-11-23, 01:06   Link #2593
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Okay, you gotta admit, that song was pretty cheesy, lol.

It's almost time for the Cell Games, folks! Time sure flies.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 01:08   Link #2594
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Reminds me of the Ginyu force theme
Old 2010-11-23, 05:17   Link #2595
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Great insert song. Fit the scene so nicely.

So close to my favorite fight (Goku vs Cell) in the series. It'll be interesting to see it's length in Kai.
Old 2010-11-23, 09:15   Link #2596
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Thought the song was a little goofy. The episode was great though, wonder how many eps before we get into the action. Hopefully not too many.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 10:39   Link #2597
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Great insert song. Fit the scene so nicely.

So close to my favorite fight (Goku vs Cell) in the series. It'll be interesting to see it's length in Kai.
Let`s hope they exclude that rubbish about Cell also having Tenshinhan`s genetic material that they had in Z to fill in for time in the fight scenes.
Old 2010-11-23, 11:18   Link #2598
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Let`s hope they exclude that rubbish about Cell also having Tenshinhan`s genetic material that they had in Z to fill in for time in the fight scenes.
When did it ever say he had Tien's genetic material? You don't need their cells to use their attacks, and we know Gero's little spy bots observed Tien fighting Goku in the Budokai. Furthermore, even if you did need his cells, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to have been collected. He did beat Goku in the Budokai, and was regarded as the strongest warrior for a short period.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 11:32   Link #2599
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When did it ever say he had Tien's genetic material? You don't need their cells to use their attacks, and we know Gero's little spy bots observed Tien fighting Goku in the Budokai. Furthermore, even if you did need his cells, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to have been collected. He did beat Goku in the Budokai, and was regarded as the strongest warrior for a short period.
It's stated that his cells are taken from certain characters ranked as the strongest fighters in the universe. If you start throwing everyone in, it sort of dilutes Cell's character.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:38   Link #2600
Vicious108

The insert song wasn't too bad, but honestly it should've been saved for a badass Goku fight or something. It doesn't really fit Trunks' super serious style.

Still, very enjoyable fight. Let's see just how much they can trim down the 10 days before the beginning of the Cell games in Kai. It took 10 episodes in Z, but with all the filler in it, they should thankfully be able to make it a lot shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
It's stated that his cells are taken from certain characters ranked as the strongest fighters in the universe. If you start throwing everyone in, it sort of dilutes Cell's character.
But Tenshinhan is the strongest human in the series, so it makes sense that at least he would have the honor of being part of Cell.

*stealthily opens up can of worms*
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote