AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-09-19, 03:14   Link #1
Cheese
Dries with fakes or fears

Send a message via MSN to Cheese
Origin of "Dark Chii theme (Kamui/Fuuma Dialogue Mix)?

When I watched Chobits, I wanted to find the cool techno song in the background of the action bits, like in the episode where Chii goes missing. I was told it was called the "Dark Chii theme", so I went out to look for it. It took a lot of searching, but I found 2 versions. Both have people talking throughout, which is moderately irritating. At first I thought the two main characters of X(TV) being in the titles were a little weird, until I realized that both Chobits and X are done by CLAMP. So anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows the origin of these songs, as in, which album they came from. Also, is there a version without dialogue?

Cheese
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 08:46   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well, you have to buy the chobits character album, which has all the character songs, and background songs,etc IF you want to have the dialogue off the song I would recomend you to get adobe audition ver1.5(professional and very sophisticated sound appz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese
When I watched Chobits, I wanted to find the cool techno song in the background of the action bits, like in the episode where Chii goes missing. I was told it was called the "Dark Chii theme", so I went out to look for it. It took a lot of searching, but I found 2 versions. Both have people talking throughout, which is moderately irritating. At first I thought the two main characters of X(TV) being in the titles were a little weird, until I realized that both Chobits and X are done by CLAMP. So anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows the origin of these songs, as in, which album they came from. Also, is there a version without dialogue?

Cheese
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 19:02   Link #3
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm not sure on whether or not the "Dark Chii Theme" is on a Chobits titled soundtrack or single, but the Fuuma (Dialogue Mix) and the Kamui (Dialogue Mix) are available on their respective singles "Fuuma" Single and "Kamui" Single from the X soundtrack.

I have not been able to find a non vocal version that came from an actual audio CD source, but in the end it's not really worth it. It's a great and catchy trance track, and the spoken words don't detract from the theme. And it's not like there's full dialogue overtop of the song anyway.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:47   Link #4
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
now that something i enjoy listen to it but there is something i want to know, what Fumma is saying.

can anyone know what the meaning of words in Dark chii theme - Fumma Dialogue?
Old 2011-03-18, 21:04   Link #5
przemoc

There is a plausible explanation why Chobits OST is lacking Dark Chii Theme, as fans call it. According to HellboundDochi's comment on YT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellboundDochi
[...] there was some copyright problems. Both anime series "X Tv" and "Chobits" are made by CLAMP. They decided to go ahead an use one of "X Tv"'s songs since they had access to the music, being the same company and all. Except "X Tv" hadn't even used the song yet and the composer hadn't given permission for it to be used, thus it never got released.
przemoc is offline   Reply With Quote