Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 14:44   Link #141
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
While Victorique definitely comes across in description sounding like any other girl, in my opinion, she is very much unique. Maybe I'm biased because I love the novels, but I still think she stands out among the crowd.

Yes. Yes it is. Absolutely. Here's a great review if you're still waning: http://figment.com/thefigmentreview/archives/364

I own both and am very happy. I just wish they'd bring out the rest.

Wow.... that looked almost as good as I hoped. :P

Problems first though: When Kujo is going up the stairs, there are no books lining it. Didn't the books explicitly state that books lined every part of the stairs? Second, at the top of the stairs are even more books nearby where Victorique sits so that she can continue to read. Yet, where we see Victorique sitting with a mirror, there are no books at all. (Note, perhaps they aren't in the usual spot and this is a scene from an untranslated novel. Possibly)

My other problem is with the lighting. I think they made the lower part of the library too dark.

The music is....okay. It hasn't won me over yet.

I like how Kujo looks in some scenes, but in others I think he could have been better.

This is being aired on TV Tokyo? >.< Does that mean they might censor things? I'm not entirely sure how that channel's policy deals with murderous violence.

Everything else is pretty awesome. (Of course, we never got to hear Victorique speak...... I hope she sounds alright.)

I was so happy when I saw "Queen Berry" flash on the trailer. I really love that first novel's storyline and I'm glad it'll be animated.

This is definitely my #1 awaited anime. I hope TokyoPop releases book 3 next year because of it.
Both TV Tokyo and TV Asahi limit violence and nudity content when each of them air a late-night anime.

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2010-11-30 at 14:45. Reason: I confused TV Asahi of TV Aichi.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 14:59   Link #142
Same_Shark

Quote:
While Victorique definitely comes across in description sounding like any other girl, in my opinion, she is very much unique. Maybe I'm biased because I love the novels, but I still think she stands out among the crowd.

Yes. Yes it is. Absolutely. Here's a great review if you're still waning: http://figment.com/thefigmentreview/archives/364

I own both and am very happy. I just wish they'd bring out the rest.

Wow.... that looked almost as good as I hoped. :P

Problems first though: When Kujo is going up the stairs, there are no books lining it. Didn't the books explicitly state that books lined every part of the stairs? Second, at the top of the stairs are even more books nearby where Victorique sits so that she can continue to read. Yet, where we see Victorique sitting with a mirror, there are no books at all. (Note, perhaps they aren't in the usual spot and this is a scene from an untranslated novel. Possibly)

My other problem is with the lighting. I think they made the lower part of the library too dark.

The music is....okay. It hasn't won me over yet.

I like how Kujo looks in some scenes, but in others I think he could have been better.

This is being aired on TV Tokyo? >.< Does that mean they might censor things? I'm not entirely sure how that channel's policy deals with murderous violence.

Everything else is pretty awesome. (Of course, we never got to hear Victorique speak...... I hope she sounds alright.)

I was so happy when I saw "Queen Berry" flash on the trailer. I really love that first novel's storyline and I'm glad it'll be animated.

This is definitely my #1 awaited anime. I hope TokyoPop releases book 3 next year because of it.
They'll be revealing her seiyuu in December if I remember correctly. I personally hope it's Rie Kugimiya.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 15:06   Link #143
Matt122005

Wait... Wait.... O_o Did I read that next to last info screen in the trailer right? Did it just say that Kazuki Sakuraba is releasing a new GOSICKs novel? *gets excited*
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 15:31   Link #144
Kunagisa

Quote:
Wait... Wait.... O_o Did I read that next to last info screen in the trailer right? Did it just say that Kazuki Sakuraba is releasing a new GOSICKs novel? *gets excited*
That's what I thought, then I realized I already read volume 6, then I looked more closely, it's just the new packaging for side story III is coming out in January along with manga volume 6 at Feb =(.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 15:34   Link #145
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Then again maybe not.....oh well....there's always more fish in the sea.
I'd still say you give a try just for the first arc, and see what you think of it then. Descriptions can only give you a little idea about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Geh, Tokyopop... =_= this thread got me intrigued, I love a good mystery and I've been looking for more LNs, but it is worth it to buy the translated volumes?
Well, if you find them with a discounted price sure. I have a lot of issues with the way Tokyopop has been handling the series, but the two books are decently done ( ... most of the time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Right, Kujo's VA? He puts me to sleep. No seriously, I doze off after a while from how boring he sounded. Other than that though, everything looks like I expected. I did like the lighting the most in some scenes especially Grevil's . The music was decent, though I hope there are better pieces to come. One thing I'm still not sure about is the dogs designs ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Resuscitated Hope by Komine Lisa.
Oh cool. Looks like this is set to be an awesome ending already
Quote:

Well, while I would take what we saw in the trailer as what will appear in the actual show, I do think it's a tad early to point out changes (or errors) in the adaptation. We only saw a bit of the library, and only about 2 scenes of Victorique in it.

Queen Berry showing up actually got my exceptions up as well. I absolutely love the first novel (even if I think that the mystery was far too easy to figure out) the storyline itself was engaging. I hope they capture that here.
Quote:
I just hope they just get an actual release schedule
Old 2010-11-30, 18:26   Link #146
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Queen Berry showing up actually got my exceptions up as well. I absolutely love the first novel (even if I think that the mystery was far too easy to figure out) the storyline itself was engaging. I hope they capture that here.
I just hope they just get an actual release schedule
I actually thought the mystery was pretty complicated. I had my attention pointed at the wrong individual the entire time.

I don't think Tokyopop will ever get a release schedule for GOSICK. As sad as I am to say it, if they release another volume, it will probably be the last unless they see a strong reason to continue.

However, I do wish Tokyopop would hire capable editors. I mean seriously.... some of these errors are just far too easy to spot. >_> (The second book was the first to really make them noticeable)
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 18:59   Link #147
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

looks like one of those rozen maiden dolls
Old 2010-11-30, 23:01   Link #148
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
They'll be revealing her seiyuu in December if I remember correctly. I personally hope it's Rie Kugimiya.
I'll admit that would almost lead me to check out at least an episode since I haven't heard from her in a while, but I highly doubt it would end up being the case. They seem to be making a huge deal out of this....warning alarms are going off in my head already, though I'm not 100% what I'm subconsciously being warned about yet other than the producers clearly want Victorique to be the main draw....so it's more than likely some up and comer or somebody that's currently extremely popular, which Rie Kugimya is seemingly not as much anymore.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 23:24   Link #149
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As I've recalled, the novel said that Victorique is a young girl that sounds like an older woman right?

Well as far as I know, and assuming they're not using Chiwa Saitou from the drama CD, there's only one VA that fit that bill.

Satomi Arai
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 23:25   Link #150
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
so it's more than likely some up and comer or somebody that's currently extremely popular, which Rie Kugimya is seemingly not as much anymore.
^ I'm seriously thinking that you are joking, since Kugiming is amazingly popular, more than any seiyuus on plays... >_> Only reason she isn't doing much of Seiyuu work recently, is because she is busy with OTHER stuffs, whch is the same reason why Chihara Minori is rarely seen recently.

Edited: it's not just main draw. this anime is entirely about the character VICTORIAQUE alone.
Old 2010-11-30, 23:49   Link #151
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
looks like one of those rozen maiden dolls
It isn't obvious, as one of the members here went ballistic when Miyuki Sawashiro wasn't picked to be Victorique's Seiyuu...

Now to be honest I'd like Rie Tanaka to get the role. But I'm not picky though. You could also put in Mamiko Noto there.

Another good pick would be kugimiya though. It would be a breakthrough since we rarely see her in this type of role.
Old 2010-12-01, 00:39   Link #152
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Most likely seiyuu to voice Victorique in the anime is Aoi Yuki, Chiwa Saito opposite seiyuu.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 00:50   Link #153
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
I wanted Miyuki Sawashiro to get Victorique's role too >.<
I would also guarantee Kana Ueda or Rie Tanaka. I can imagine their wonderful voices in Victorique's personality now.
Old 2010-12-01, 01:02   Link #154
billborden

Quote:
I don't think Tokyopop will ever get a release schedule for GOSICK. As sad as I am to say it, if they release another volume, it will probably be the last unless they see a strong reason to continue.

However, I do wish Tokyopop would hire capable editors. I mean seriously.... some of these errors are just far too easy to spot. >_> (The second book was the first to really make them noticeable)
I am apparently more forgiving (or more used to poorly written student papers ) as the errors really didn't stand out to me, and they certainly didn't get in the way of the story. I definitely recommend both of them.
Old 2010-12-01, 03:14   Link #155
Same_Shark

I think Ryo Hirohashi would be another good choice for Victorique. She & Miyuki Sawashiro sound kind of alike, so it could strengthen the mother/daughter thing.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:49   Link #156
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Most likely seiyuu to voice Victorique in the anime is Aoi Yuki, Chiwa Saito opposite seiyuu.
That's kind of who I was thinking as I wrote my above post. Both are extremely hot (as in popular) right now and the former fulfills the up and comer status better than anybody I can think of at the moment. At the very least it's going to be interesting to see who gets the role and it'll say a lot about what kind of show they plan to run I think.

By the way I'd give a slight edge to Saito since a) she comes pre-cast in the role apparently and b) Bones has a habit of going with experience over breakthrough popularity and can more than afford to assemble a top team of voice actors.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 12:36   Link #157
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As I've recalled, the novel said that Victorique is a young girl that sounds like an older woman right?

Well as far as I know, and assuming they're not using Chiwa Saitou from the drama CD, there's only one VA that fit that bill.

Satomi Arai
That's the voice that popped into my mind too when I read that description.
Old 2010-12-02, 19:34   Link #158
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
That would not mean that she sounds like SnH's narrator. It would only mean that she sounds sophisticated, i.e. like the Rozen maiden, especially Shinku who if human would look like a kid with an older voice. Hence the reason why Sawashiro would've been the best person for this role.

It's not a 12-year-old girl sounding like 40ish, it's a 12-year old girl sounding like 20ish.
Old 2010-12-03, 05:57   Link #159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
That would not mean that she sounds like SnH's narrator. It would only mean that she sounds sophisticated, i.e. like the Rozen maiden, especially Shinku who if human would look like a kid with an older voice. Hence the reason why Sawashiro would've been the best person for this role.

It's not a 12-year-old girl sounding like 40ish, it's a 12-year old girl sounding like 20ish.

Well unless the wiki and the English translated novel I currently hold in my hand is wrong, "creaky, low voice like that of an old woman" is the description used.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 07:27   Link #160
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ I'm seriously thinking that you are joking, since Kugiming is amazingly popular, more than any seiyuus on plays... >_> Only reason she isn't doing much of Seiyuu work recently, is because she is busy with OTHER stuffs, whch is the same reason why Chihara Minori is rarely seen recently
Not exactly, more like she's not getting as many main roles now since she costs more to hire than say Yuuki or Ayana. Why pay Rie 3x (example) as much when you can get those two instead? I'll go out on a limb and say unless Rie is reprising a role from a drama cd (like in the upcoming Dragon Crisis) or a sequel (Shana 3 whenever it comes out) she won't voice another lead female again.

Same shit will happen to Yuuki and Ayana in 3-4 years time... someone like Ohara (onee san mature) will still be voicing lead characters long after Yuuki and Ayana are shifted to support characters only.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen