AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-09, 19:39   Link #1661
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I guess a lot of people didn't read my post which pretty much debunks the idea of Haruka "doing" anything with his right hand.

If you guys watch the scene, notice he puts his right hand over his mouth at the end of that scene before the credits roll. Now, does anybody really want to go there?

He didn't masturbate. End of story.
Old 2010-12-09, 19:46   Link #1662
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I guess a lot of people didn't read my post which pretty much debunks the idea of Haruka "doing" anything with his right hand.

If you guys watch the scene, notice he puts his right hand over his mouth at the end of that scene before the credits roll. Now, does anybody really want to go there?

He didn't masturbate. End of story.
Yes, because humans are unable to self-pleasure themselves without getting their own fluids on their hands. Especially while they are wearing shorts.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 19:55   Link #1663
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
Yes, because humans are unable to self-pleasure themselves without getting their own fluids on their hands. Especially while they are wearing shorts.
So you're saying that a person would masturbate then immediately put that hand over their mouth, fluids or not? Seriously?

Sure there are perverts with weird fetishes out there......but I think we can safely assume that Haruka isn't one of those types.
Old 2010-12-09, 20:03   Link #1664
brain
house music addict

Quote:
So you're saying that a person would masturbate then immediately put that hand over their mouth, fluids or not? Seriously?

Sure there are perverts with weird fetishes out there......but I think we can safely assume that Haruka isn't one of those types.
Please don't try to pretend you know what "normal" sexuality is. Something that makes you squeamish neither automatically perverted or even uncommon.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:10   Link #1665
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
Please don't try to pretend you know what "normal" sexuality is. Something that makes you squeamish neither automatically perverted or even uncommon.
Wow, I guess people here are really desperate to believe that Haruka was masturbating if they're willing to insult others to refute their points. Are we seriously going to degenerate this into trading insults?

Normal sexuality or not, I seriously doubt Haruka is the type to do something like that. (and of course, that's not even considering all the previous talk about him being simply emotionally stressed and such)
Old 2010-12-09, 20:38   Link #1666
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

enough of those accusations to Haru, what's was seen on ending, that's all!
no need to make more "what if's"

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:40   Link #1667
Kagatob

Quote:
Wow, I guess people here are really desperate to believe that Haruka was masturbating if they're willing to insult others to refute their points. Are we seriously going to degenerate this into trading insults?

Normal sexuality or not, I seriously doubt Haruka is the type to do something like that. (and of course, that's not even considering all the previous talk about him being simply emotionally stressed and such)
First off, the only people who 'know' weather Haruka is or isn't someone who would do 'that' are the writers.
Secondly, you forget how shocked Haruka is in this situation, his hand could have been on little Haru, in a pile of dog poo or in nothing, either way, he covered his mouth in shock at what he saw. I'll say it again because I think you forgot that he was in shock at this point.

Like I said in my post on the previous page, that doesn't even matter, that's the least important detail of that situation, weather or not he masturbated doesn't make him any more or less lustful/longing towards Sora at this point.
Old 2010-12-09, 21:00   Link #1668
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Does it matter if he masturbated or not?
Really, I seriously doubt he did. It was more of a huge shock to him which is why he immediately put his hand over his mouth and started crying, aware that society would really look down upon a relationship between brother and sister. If we'd be in Haru's position, really, I don't think people masturbate while seeing something so shocking, no matter how sexual the situation is. At least not if you drop down to the floor right after from the shock.
Plus if he was masturbating wouldn't he have his wang out at the end when he drops to the floor?
o_o

EDIT;
Commenting on the episode and overall show, damn, this is the first time that I am enjoying an incest pairing.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:09   Link #1669
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
First off, the only people who 'know' weather Haruka is or isn't someone who would do 'that' are the writers.
So you're saying that we can't make a judgement of what Haruka's character is like based on what we've seen? If that's what you're saying then that makes a lot of character discussion pointless, and if that's not what you're saying then your point is moot.

Quote:
Secondly, you forget how shocked Haruka is in this situation, his hand could have been on little Haru, in a pile of dog poo or in nothing, either way, he covered his mouth in shock at what he saw. I'll say it again because I think you forgot that he was in shock at this point.
When did I ever say Haruka wasn't shocked? The only reason I didn't say myself that haruka was shocked was because everybody had already said the same thing, so I was appraoching the "he wasn't masturbating" standpoint from a different angle instead of just repeating what everybody else said. Otherwise I would have stated myself that he was only panting because he was shocked.

But when you're shocked, surprised, or whatever, at any kind of scene, generally your first reaction isn't to put your hand in your pants. Masturbation is usually not that involuntary.

Quote:
Like I said in my post on the previous page, that doesn't even matter, that's the least important detail of that situation, weather or not he masturbated doesn't make him any more or less lustful/longing towards Sora at this point.
Actually, that's not true; if he had masturbated then that would be an important point because it would show that not only are the walls barring his "lust" for Sora breaking down, they're breaking down hard.

But since it's far more than likely that he didn't (and I only use the word "likely" because it hasn't been officially stated whether he was or not), then it's not important, hence why I'm trying to point out that he didn't masturbate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
Does it matter if he masturbated or not?
Really, I seriously doubt he did. It was more of a huge shock to him which is why he immediately put his hand over his mouth and started crying, aware that society would really look down upon a relationship between brother and sister. If we'd be in Haru's position, really, I don't think people masturbate while seeing something so shocking, no matter how sexual the situation is. At least not if you drop down to the floor right after from the shock.
Plus if he was masturbating wouldn't he have his wang out at the end when he drops to the floor?
o_o
Another way of stating my point. Kudos to Midnight Bliss.
Old 2010-12-09, 22:16   Link #1670
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

@all
For the masturbation, I think Haru did that before hand, let's just say after having those weird dreams and measuring Sora. When he saw Sora masturbate the normal thing to do is to masturbate, I though of him crying has a lame crappy excuse of a weak minded fool. In other words I don't buy it at all of he did that or was able to whatsoever. It was just convenient placed so to show you all he has some emotions and feelings of which once again don't buy given his previous situations with girls despite the arc resets.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:52   Link #1671
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
When he saw Sora masturbate the normal thing to do is to masturbate.
In what world? You're standing outside of your sister's room spying on her pleasuring herself while calling your name. You're shocked and confused; a million thoughts are running through your head, most of them terrifying. You've been trying to hide your attraction to her all this time, as you know full well what sort of hell you could be getting into. It seems to me the only thing worse than being caught spying on her in this situation would be caught spying on her while pleasuring yourself as well. That's like... total end-game. (Granted, not like Sora would mind...)

Spoiler for Episode 10 Game Comparison:
Now... what Haruka did afterwards once he had the chance to calm down and visions of this "feast" of a scene flood his memories...

Anyway, the main point is the end: he's feeling sick and horrified. Partly at the situation he knows he's in, but mostly at himself. That's the follow-up to the build-up all along. If it really helps you to believe he was doing... whatever else at the time... it ultimately doesn't matter. So I would like to encourage everyone to not get so focused on this one issue in this one scene and so miss the overall point -- and there's a lot more to discuss as well.
Old 2010-12-09, 22:53   Link #1672
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Fapping or not, it's not like it's going to be the tilting proof that he has the hots for his sister. His conscious and unconscious suppression of his desires and memories are proof enough. Spanking the monkey is just an end result of this.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:55   Link #1673
Kagatob

Quote:
@all
For the masturbation, I think Haru did that before hand, let's just say after having those weird dreams and measuring Sora. When he saw Sora masturbate the normal thing to do is to masturbate, I though of him crying has a lame crappy excuse of a weak minded fool. In other words I don't buy it at all of he did that or was able to whatsoever. It was just convenient placed so to show you all he has some emotions and feelings of which once again don't buy given his previous situations with girls despite the arc resets.
That's the whole point though. Those other girls weren't his sister Sora, they were his escape from her.
Old 2010-12-09, 23:00   Link #1674
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
I though of him crying has a lame crappy excuse of a weak minded fool. It was just convenient placed so to show you all he has some emotions and feelings.
What the hell are you going on about? "Emotions" are in fact more normal than masturbation, crying is not the "sign of a weak minded fool", and what line of logic would you have to follow to come to this conclusion? The idea of powerful, hidden emotions has been an undercurrent to the show since day one for almost every character. To deny that would take some spin doctoring of dizziness-inducing levels.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 23:27   Link #1675
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I was going to hack apart Francis' "weak minded fool" line , but Midonin handled that well enough.
Old 2010-12-09, 23:33   Link #1676
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So I would like to encourage everyone to not get so focused on this one issue in this one scene and so miss the overall point -- and there's a lot more to discuss as well.
Agreed. In comparison to everything else that is going, this point is largely irrelevant.

The one thing I'm very curious to see in the upcoming episodes is not exactly how Haruka and Sora act, but more how their friends will react to their incestual relationship... Considering some of the comments made about the idea of a brother-sister relationship at the beginning of the episode, it would seem that they already consider the idea "wrong" and I truly wonder if they are going to end up accepting them, or alienating them if they go open with such a relationship.

For some reason it is hard for me to imagine an exactly picturesque happy ending for this couple.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 00:08   Link #1677
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks Kagatob for taking the time to list those animes. (I wouldn't check any of them since they're just "touching" the subject rather than focusing on a couple)

Yes, I wonder about the ending, too... I don't mind if they censored everything but please don't let them die. I'm guessing they'd hook up and keep it a secret from others. I feel it'll be unrealistic if all their friends cheered on them. o_o
Old 2010-12-10, 00:50   Link #1678
Kagatob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
please don't let them die.
While there is a lake by the shrine, from what I've seen, it contains no boats, nice or otherwise.
Old 2010-12-10, 02:35   Link #1679
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Let me just use this opportunity to remind any game players who might be in this thread: if you say anything about the ending in this thread, even behind spoiler tags, it will be punished most severely. No hints. No clues. No corrections. I'd prefer no speculation either among the "biased" (we can take it to the game thread if we want to compare).

That all should go without saying, but you know... just giving fair warning, because it's almost inevitable that someone will try something...

Edit: Just to be clear, this isn't in light of or in response to any particular post or speculation above; it's just because people are starting to speculate about the ending.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-10 at 03:15.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 03:48   Link #1680
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In what world? You're standing outside of your sister's room spying on her pleasuring herself while calling your name. You're shocked and confused; a million thoughts are running through your head, most of them terrifying. You've been trying to hide your attraction to her all this time, as you know full well what sort of hell you could be getting into. It seems to me the only thing worse than being caught spying on her in this situation would be caught spying on her while pleasuring yourself as well. That's like... total end-game. (Granted, not like Sora would mind...)
Perhaps but it's possible her was already doing that in his own bed anyways fantasizing about her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
What the hell are you going on about? "Emotions" are in fact more normal than masturbation, crying is not the "sign of a weak minded fool", and what line of logic would you have to follow to come to this conclusion? The idea of powerful, hidden emotions has been an undercurrent to the show since day one for almost every character. To deny that would take some spin doctoring of dizziness-inducing levels.
Because only fools cries and the strong bottle it up. Never heard of it? Yeah I know in this show there is a lot of emotions but also know they are the weakness of humans. You think I get laid for caring with emotions instead of trickery?
Quote:
I was going to hack apart Francis' "weak minded fool" line , but Midonin handled that well enough.
Yeah try that!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation