AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 11:43   Link #1361
LadyRelena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
She was brainwashed so in no way is she evil by her own will. That kind of reasoning won't hold water.
lol that's never stopped them before. You forget that the most of them lack logic and common sense. Not all of them, but a certainly a big majority. I know it's better to just ignore but it's quite hard when they are the masses. Anyway, enough of that before I get yelled at

On another note, Heero's attitude toward killing Relena bothers me. (From what you guys have said) It's like he doesn't care even though he said that he would protect her and so on. He remembered what he told Wufei about not wanting to fight anymore but can't remember the closeness he once had to Relena?

Quote:
And I highly doubt it's "gloatable" that Duo and Heero now have thirty years between them. Also, the canon ship for Duo is currently 2xGod. You just don't mess with that. I would have preferred Hilde but...dude, can't compete with God.
I think I said this before but Yaoi fans will just transfer the ship to Duo Jr. I mean, it's already happening as we speak regardless...

Quote:
Unless she was the brat's mom. Cuz I dunno, she was the uterus in closest proximity to him most of the time...
When I was told of a Duo Jr, I was hoping he would have some dark blue hair indicating Hilde as the mother. Wishes never come true.

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2010-12-20 at 12:16.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 12:58   Link #1362
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
On another note, Heero's attitude toward killing Relena bothers me. (From what you guys have said) It's like he doesn't care even though he said that he would protect her and so on. He remembered what he told Wufei about not wanting to fight anymore but can't remember the closeness he once had to Relena?
The long cold sleep wiped away his memories for the most part. He's pretty much guaranteed not to go through with it though, so there's no need to worry.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2010-12-20 at 13:24.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 18:53   Link #1363
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

yeah cause let's face it heero is the one who has best track record of failing to kill relena.

Every dog has it's day...
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 19:06   Link #1364
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

LOL. The "2xGod" killed me. Snuggles you funny!!

Anyway, I disagree. Marina isn't useless. She may not be as important in 00 as how Relena was in Wing but she served her purpose, her relevance wasn't forced and it wasn't her fault she was pushed to the shadows to put Feldt in the spotlight - that's simply the writer's unprofessionalism. But enough of that.

I also think it's silly if people start saying Relena being evil is hypocrisy. Queen Badass is simply not herself atm.

Quote:
THIS I agree with though. *eyeroll* Sumisawa just threw Heero's character development out the window just like that. Heero's reaction towards Wu Fei's revelation of Operation Mythos is unacceptable. It's like he's back to how he was in Episode 1! What happened to the Relena hallucinations? To the helmet scene? To Episode 49? To the BT's almost-kiss scene? To the BotP's "I'll be back when you need me" scene? To Endless Waltz? To Preventer 5's Heero bluff? *sigh*

EDIT: Oh and btw, LadyRelena your Avatar FTW! ^_^
Old 2010-12-21, 01:37   Link #1365
Kitsoru
:3c

I'm sort of thinking that Preventer may have withheld certain memories from Heero to make the Operation easier, so to speak. Even if he's 'in' with many of the Preventer movers and shakers, it's still a (high level, specialized) military organization and if they have a job to do, well... That and we don't know how things have changed yet since Preventer's founding. Corruption? Changes in the tasks they perform, etc? Perhaps we shall soon see.

Though really, it might just be Heero being Heero. He can stoneface all the while not necessarily showing his true thoughts- and seeing as the novel isn't from his POV we can't really know what things Kathy Po might be not picking up on from Heero that someone familiar with him might.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:31   Link #1366
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:

Relena being young, alive and potentially evil has a lot of potential, imo. Kinda stupid potential but it's going to be fun to watch play out. Also, pretty drawings. x3
Have you seen Turn A Gundam yet?

I haven't seen it yet, but I've been thinking that Relena could become Dianna Soreil.

To any one who've seen it, does Dianna share any similarities with Relena (besides having a close relationship with the male lead)?
Old 2010-12-21, 02:49   Link #1367
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I'm sort of thinking that Preventer may have withheld certain memories from Heero to make the Operation easier, so to speak. Even if he's 'in' with many of the Preventer movers and shakers, it's still a (high level, specialized) military organization and if they have a job to do, well... That and we don't know how things have changed yet since Preventer's founding. Corruption? Changes in the tasks they perform, etc? Perhaps we shall soon see.

Though really, it might just be Heero being Heero. He can stoneface all the while not necessarily showing his true thoughts- and seeing as the novel isn't from his POV we can't really know what things Kathy Po might be not picking up on from Heero that someone familiar with him might.
ALL THIS. Touche. *facepalm*

Quote:
and seeing as the novel isn't from his POV we can't really know what things Kathy Po might be not picking up on from Heero that someone familiar with him might
Man why do I keep forgetting this. *sigh*
Old 2010-12-21, 04:24   Link #1368
wingzerosnuggles

We'll be seeing in four days or so. ._.

@MichaelKnight IM plz?

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-12-21 at 06:24.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 12:39   Link #1369
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post

THIS I agree with though. *eyeroll* Sumisawa just threw Heero's character development out the window just like that. Heero's reaction towards Wu Fei's revelation of Operation Mythos is unacceptable. It's like he's back to how he was in Episode 1! What happened to the Relena hallucinations? To the helmet scene? To Episode 49? To the BT's almost-kiss scene? To the BotP's "I'll be back when you need me" scene? To Endless Waltz? To Preventer 5's Heero bluff? *sigh*

EDIT: Oh and btw, LadyRelena your Avatar FTW! ^_^

WAIT.

There was no almost kiss scene.
He grabbed her and went to kiss her and...change of scene.
There was an off screen kiss. Not almost. They smooched. But we didn't get to see that :P

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 12:41   Link #1370
Elo the Blue

Quote:

Great point Kit.

To the part in bold, I think it was a really good move by Sumisawa. As the present story moves forward, we may get some more information about Heero but not having the novel be told from his perspective still keeps him a relative mystery(something fans on this very thread have complained is no longer the case because his back-story has been crystalized).
Old 2010-12-21, 12:51   Link #1371
Kitsoru

Yeah, same. We might not really know his (or much of anyone's) true 'intentions' until the action is already in motion. It's a good way to keep us in the lurch.

Not really in relation to FT but, I was watching some Wing SRW vids today and laughing at how completely and utterly silly some of the special moves are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0Xl...eature=related
It's so over-dramatic, especially Heero's very last attack at the end there. God I love 90's anime.
Old 2010-12-21, 14:41   Link #1372
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
WAIT.

There was no almost kiss scene.
He grabbed her and went to kiss her and...change of scene.
There was an off screen kiss. Not almost. They smooched. But we didn't get to see that :P
True. Unless he was going in to throw up in her mouth or something. I hate to admit that I have seen this argument used somewhere. xD Why else would he lean in like that? To get something out of her eye?

Kit: You can play as Hilde? O_O
Old 2010-12-21, 17:53   Link #1373
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Yeah, same. We might not really know his (or much of anyone's) true 'intentions' until the action is already in motion. It's a good way to keep us in the lurch.

Not really in relation to FT but, I was watching some Wing SRW vids today and laughing at how completely and utterly silly some of the special moves are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0Xl...eature=related
It's so over-dramatic, especially Heero's very last attack at the end there. God I love 90's anime.
You've got to love beam overkill, GW-style.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:04   Link #1374
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Lol yes!! The drawing was an almost-kiss but what else could the off screen after act be? Duhhh Michael... it was a kiss. HAHA. *squee*

Snuggles, yeah I think I've read about something like that too. I also remember someone shoving it down my throat that he just whispered something in her ear.

Right. So why did Asagi have to draw it that way. What, she couldn't just draw him simply running after her. He could whisper in her ear even if she had her back on him. I know I can whisper in someone's ear from behind them... but no, he had to grab her hand, twist her around to face him... and then, and then...
Old 2010-12-21, 18:24   Link #1375
wingzerosnuggles

He whispered this in her ear.

Hence, the need to twist her around.

Then...

*points to sig*
Old 2010-12-21, 21:33   Link #1376
Kitsoru

Quote:
Kit: You can play as Hilde? O_O
Apparently! Awesome, right?

God Tokita's art gives me such a kneejerk reaction of hate dsfhfg eAe it's so ugly
Old 2010-12-21, 21:36   Link #1377
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Heero has the right idea.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 21:52   Link #1378
wingzerosnuggles

@Kit Maybe that'll finally get her a spot on the top 20 females list. Being the mother of Duo's hellspawn would help too. Relena's the on AC girl who's ever made it on there.

Yeah, Ogasawara is DEFINITELY an improvement.

@GN If he wasn't saying it, he was definitely thinking it. IMO, he didn't kill her in Episode 6 because his boner cued a reflex so he wouldn't destroy his only chance of ever getting laid. And now, after thirty years of being inside a chamber shaped like her, she's still his only viable chance of getting laid in canon. Everyone else is raisins.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:00   Link #1379
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Gosh Heero, sleep with her already! You know you want to. -__-
Old 2010-12-22, 00:59   Link #1380
Elo the Blue

Quote:
@Kit Maybe that'll finally get her a spot on the top 20 females list. Being the mother of Duo's hellspawn would help too. Relena's the on AC girl who's ever made it on there.
It's a shame but Relena aside, the "leading women" of GW often took a backseat to the men and as a result, aren't memorable enough to overtake women from other series in terms of popularity.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing