AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2010-12-31, 08:50   Link #481
Mef

I guess their plan is to convey the impression that it's a fairly generic mahou shoujo show (expect light-hearted and generic first episodes) and surprise their viewers with later episodes where they reveal new facets of the plot that throw a more serious light on the show ("watch it again after the series has ended").
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 09:37   Link #482
NaweG
Just some guy

Has there ever been a series that got it's subforum before the first airing? If so, may I nominate this one for the same so we can give the Yuri speculators and haters their own thread, and have another for the rest of us who are just interested in speculating about everything else?
Old 2010-12-31, 09:58   Link #483
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ But I hate yuri and speculate it at the same time.... There shouldn't be any conflict.
Old 2010-12-31, 10:57   Link #484
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ The industry made me hate yuri in anime, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
I guess their plan is to convey the impression that it's a fairly generic mahou shoujo show (expect light-hearted and generic first episodes) and surprise their viewers with later episodes where they reveal new facets of the plot that throw a more serious light on the show ("watch it again after the series has ended").
That's all good and all, but up till now nobody has really ever pulled it off very well. This sort of plot device is usually simply thrown into the deus ex machina dumpster and forgotten. Well, still might warrant a rewatch after it's over just for the production values, assuming it meets expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Has there ever been a series that got it's subforum before the first airing? If so, may I nominate this one for the same so we can give the Yuri speculators and haters their own thread, and have another for the rest of us who are just interested in speculating about everything else?
Kind of doubt that. There have been plenty of shows (and movies) who've received more then their fair share of hype only to drop like a rock on release. The discussion here also doesn't meet the general variety criteria to warrant a forum anyway, for now at least; the pages are merely a result of a lot of people being interested. Similar popular shows have not gotten a forum for the same reason that there just no need for one when the discussion is very linear and fluid...
Old 2010-12-31, 11:12   Link #485
Fishbait

The hype isn't just focused on this show being good, it's mostly on this show being.....different.

All these interviews and bits of info only serve to add to that....oh well, 6 more days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ But I hate yuri and speculate it at the same time.... There shouldn't be any conflict.
Hate is a strong word eh
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 11:49   Link #486
FireChick

Quote:
The hype isn't just focused on this show being good, it's mostly on this show being.....different.

All these interviews and bits of info only serve to add to that....oh well, 6 more days.
There's nothing wrong with being a little different, right? Hey! Anime these days need a bit more variety in them!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 12:19   Link #487
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post

All these interviews and bits of info only serve to add to that....oh well, 6 more days
Like I haven't heard those promises before. I'm just going to hold out and see. *fingers crossed*
Old 2011-01-02, 04:22   Link #488
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2011-01-02, 10:04   Link #489
suppi
Nori is not a seaweed

Send a message via MSN to suppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scans:
wow, nice high res scans... been waiting for that in the shadows ~w~

thanks

so is anyone hype up about the anime, 5 days to go >w<

oh, and i just have to mention this. nori (hidamari sketch) seemingly looks like miki sayaka

suppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 16:56   Link #490
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scans:
Thanks for the Madomagi scans
Translating twintail Mami's short info:

I've typed it off since the kanji are a bit small and blurry:

まどかやさやかと同じ中学校に通う3年生。優しく面倒見のよいお姉さん的な先輩。 先輩らしく、胸は3人よりも大きめな様子。

3rd year student who frequents the same middle school as the gentle-seeming Madoka. A senpai who is as kind and helpful as a big sister. Like a senpai, her breasts are somewhat bigger than the other three girls, appearance-wise.
Old 2011-01-02, 17:29   Link #491
tsunade666

thanks for the translation and awesome scan.

So the yellow hair is a sempai. The aura around the girls. Show same age to me. Didn't expect a sempai.
Old 2011-01-03, 11:39   Link #492
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
thanks for the translation and awesome scan.

So the yellow hair is a sempai. The aura around the girls. Show same age to me. Didn't expect a sempai.
Eh, they were all explained and translated before in the Aoki Ume interview. All 4 characters. Or was it a different interview, either way I did remember reading a brief explanation for all 4 characters.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 20:19   Link #493
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-01-03, 20:31   Link #494
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
Eh, they were all explained and translated before in the Aoki Ume interview. All 4 characters. Or was it a different interview, either way I did remember reading a brief explanation for all 4 characters.
I haven't read any thing about the character or even their own names. The only one I know is Madoka and the other 3. I'm waiting for the anime to introduce it more into me. I'm just enjoying the scans and the pv and knowing who the staff behind it.
Old 2011-01-04, 03:04   Link #495
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Not sure but I think it is Umineko?
Old 2011-01-04, 15:00   Link #496
Graskell
invisible man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Not sure but I think it is Umineko?
Not even Umineko had a sub-forum before the anime aired. Considering the amount of buzz for this show I wouldn't be surprised if it got a sub-forum, but not before the air date.
Old 2011-01-05, 07:03   Link #497
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Actually, Umineko did get a subforum before the anime aired by about a week or 2. But that was due to how number the topics about the games (it already had like 4 to 5 games out, an image thread, an avatar thread, music thread etc) so it was already a de facto subforum, but just needed the anime to meet the final criteria.

But that's is neither here nor there. this show will not get a subforum until the mods see enough genuine activity on this thread.
Old 2011-01-05, 08:25   Link #498
tsunade666

more like. Genuine traffic on this thread. Their would be a manga for this anime right? but still the medium is still to little and it's not even been aired yet. But chances if the hype keeps on going it will eventually lead to a sub forum.
Old 2011-01-05, 09:16   Link #499
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
this show will not get a subforum until the mods see enough genuine activity on this thread.
There are already about 500 posts in this thread before it even aired, without any talk about the manga (as there is no manga yet).
If that isn't "genuine activity", I don't know what else is.
But ok, let's see how it fares after the first episode.
Old 2011-01-05, 09:25   Link #500
E_I
Yuri fan

When is this airing tomorrow? I've seen 25:25, but I don't know what that is. What kind of time is that? It's not military or regular time.

Nevermind. I've figured it out. Can't they use a regular clock in their schedules, geez.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen