AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 01:58   Link #2421
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
hey guys, how about the Devil Gundam VS the ELS?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 02:00   Link #2422
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd give it to the ELS, considering the sheer size of their forces.
Old 2011-01-12, 02:18   Link #2423
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, we can factor in pilots here as well. Personally I don't see how we couldn't as a lot of these machines we wouldn't know the capabilities of were it not for the pilots.
It's been suggested before that we don't consider pilots because their performance is not static. We just assume that the pilot is able to fully utilize the mobile weapon when making these comparisons.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 13:36   Link #2424
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Dendrobium has, obviously, far greater firepower than the Tallgeese while the Tallgeese has the advantage in maneuverability.

In terms of pure speed, the Orchis seems like it'd edge out as it was meant to be a very fast interceptor unit, though the Tallgeese has an edge about not worrying about the I-Field as its dober gun is shell-firing.

The Dendrobium Orchis, by default, is also 2 units; itself + the Stamen to "pilot" it, thus even if the Orchis ends up heavily damaged, a more than likely damaged Tallgeese would then have to contend with a fresh Gundam Stamen popping out with its beam rifle, bazooka, and beam sabers as well as high speed and maneuverability of its own.

If you take everything into account, the Orchis (with the Stamen) would end up winning in the end. Tallgeese is quite limited in weaponry with merely a dober gun and beam sabers and its armor is merely titanium alloy which, by Gundam standards, is a lot weaker than most armor (Titanium/ceramic composite, Gundarium alloy, Gundanium alloy, etc), so it's not nearly as durable as the Orchis when it comes to taking blows from powerful weaponry like larger missiles, a mega beam cannon, beam rifle, bazookas, etc.

This is where the pilot comes into account as one like Zechs would try to use the speed and mobility of the Tallgeese as best they can, but with such limited weaponry against a very well armed and armored, and fast (with a little bit of mobility, as shown in 0083) unit like the Orchis + Stamen...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:08   Link #2425
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Then how about:

Dendrobium vs Strike Freedom METEOR vs Gadelaza?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:43   Link #2426
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Dendrobium has, obviously, far greater firepower than the Tallgeese while the Tallgeese has the advantage in maneuverability.

In terms of pure speed, the Orchis seems like it'd edge out as it was meant to be a very fast interceptor unit,
I thought that the Tallgeese would edge out in terms of speeds, considering that it has a maximum acceleration of 15Gs.
And the reason I put Tallgeese against Orchis, is because Orchis has the advantage of sheer fire power on its side while having the acceleration to at least keep up with tallgeese.

Quote:
though the Tallgeese has an edge about not worrying about the I-Field as its dober gun is shell-firing
I'm prety sure the Dober gun is beam firing. In episode 18, the Dober gun beam swallowed 3 Aries in a single shot. So it's not much of an advantage against Dendrobium.

Quote:
If you take everything into account, the Orchis (with the Stamen) would end up winning in the end. Tallgeese is quite limited in weaponry with merely a dober gun and beam sabers and its armor is merely titanium alloy which, by Gundam standards, is a lot weaker than most armor (Titanium/ceramic composite, Gundarium alloy, Gundanium alloy, etc),
Well, to be fair, the Tallgeese has shown itself to be durable in its own series. It's first appearance has it tanking beam cannons, though. I'm pretty sure it would be able to take some hits Dendrobium's Folding bazookas and micromissiles without being taken down for the count.

Quote:
Dendrobium vs Strike Freedom METEOR vs Gadelaza?
Gadelaza, I think. I heard that the Gadelaza had a battle simulation against the 4 S2 Celestial Being Gundams and it surprisingly won.

-----------------------------

Well, how about Kshatriya VS Sinanju?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:47   Link #2427
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The problem with gauging the durability of non-Gundanium alloy machines from Wing is the fact that the durability varies wildly. And yes, IIRC, the Tallgeese's dober gun is supposed to be beam-firing, even though it has a magazine clip.

Also, my vote goes to the Gadelaza as well. That thing is a beast and I'd hate to see what it can do in Trans-AM.
Old 2011-01-12, 23:09   Link #2428
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The problem with gauging the durability of non-Gundanium alloy machines from Wing is the fact that the durability varies wildly.
The same could be said for Gundam X. I remember a Grunt MS called the Crouda, which has wicked durability, it was able to tank multiple beam shots from the XX and the G-Falcon, and the only way Garrod was able to take them down was to attack the Crouda's chest vernier.

Spoiler for nothing significant:

Last edited by Yesman; 2011-01-14 at 01:18.
Old 2011-01-12, 23:12   Link #2429
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wouldn't know about that. Never watched Gundam X.

What I was mainly referring to was how inconsistent Wing was with the durability of the non-Gundanium alloy mobile suits. A Leo could be quite durable one moment, and made of plastic the next for all the good of its armor.
Old 2011-01-13, 03:12   Link #2430
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

how about the Phoenix Gundam VS the Turn A Gundam?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-01-13, 04:54   Link #2431
pikachuwei

Gadelaza vs all other MA at once

it could probably take out half of them just by running them over
Old 2011-01-13, 06:00   Link #2432
kenshinstyle

00 Qan[T] vs all other gundams at once.

Maybe it could take out half of them?
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 06:13   Link #2433
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
00 Qan[T] vs all other gundams at once.

Maybe it could take out half of them?
All at once, probably not. One by one though, it can probably defeat everyone except for Turn A, God Gundam, maybe perhaps V2 or Nu Gundam or even Devil Gundam.

Seriously, the Twin Drive System with a true Innovator can alter properties of reality in so many potential ways we probably werent even shown yet.

Or Setsuna will probably just use Quantum System to end the fighting... I wonder if GN particles can be used to repel nanomachines from Turn A's attacks?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 06:31   Link #2434
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

hey guys, how about a battle between the ELS & the Vajra from Macross Frontier? a clash of the titans?
Old 2011-01-14, 08:04   Link #2435
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
All at once, probably not. One by one though, it can probably defeat everyone except for Turn A, God Gundam, maybe perhaps V2 or Nu Gundam or even Devil Gundam.
Turn A, Turn X, Dark, Master and Burning.
Why Nu? I know it has plot hax, but its technological performance is inferior to Gundams like Unicorn and Xi.

It was mentioned that in the MG, that 00Q could have destroyed the whole ELS Fleet by itself if Setsuna wasn't being so pacifistic. And an Incomplete 00Q Full-saber is able to defeat the ELS in a week according to Veda Tieria's battle simulation, although the simulation doesn't factor pilot fatigue. Did SonicSP already mention this btw?

Quote:
Or Setsuna will probably just use Quantum System to end the fighting... I wonder if GN particles can be used to repel nanomachines from Turn A's attacks?
The best thing 00Q could do against Turn A is probably run away from Turn A by teleporting itself to another galaxy, I think.

Last edited by Yesman; 2011-01-15 at 06:01. Reason: Man, I forgot to put Master
Old 2011-01-14, 14:11   Link #2436
Araxiel

Arche Drei vs. Regnant. Ie, would it have made much difference if Nena had been in the upgraded machine?
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 09:17   Link #2437
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Arche Drei vs. Regnant. Ie, would it have made much difference if Nena had been in the upgraded machine?
The Regnant is still the superior machine. Nena would definitely last longer, but the outcome would still be the same.

1) Arche VS Sinanju, the battle of the reds.

2) Wing Zero VS Rafflesia. Will Carazzo kill himself again?
Old 2011-01-15, 18:37   Link #2438
JiPrime
En Taro Tassadar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
how about the Phoenix Gundam VS the Turn A Gundam?
月光蝶

End of Discussion.
JiPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 20:25   Link #2439
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

That's really more little animation blips like the Physalis' nuke firing a giant "beam". It was long confirmed that the dober gun is, for all purposes, a shell-firing weapon; one of the original bits taken from the Tallgeese to the Leo. Or just for flashiness or convenience...

In terms of the speed, 15 Gs is merely the amount of G force that is put onto the pilot's body if you take in the Tallgeese's sheer size and the types of maneuvers it pulls with the larger thrusters. It is NOT (solely) the Tallgeese's straight forward full thrust or acceleration. And, as mentioned, durability tends to be more convenience in most AUs. A MS could "easily" take a blow from one thing one moment (can also depend on the pilot for extra plot armor) yet end up easily damaged/destroyed by the exact same thing the next.

As for the Crouda in Gundam X, its information specifically says that it was built with such armor that it can withstand multiple beam shots and the chest vernier was a severe weakness that would any shot into it would destroy it; much like the Death Star's exhaust port, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 21:04   Link #2440
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
That's really more little animation blips like the Physalis' nuke firing a giant "beam". It was long confirmed that the dober gun is, for all purposes, a shell-firing weapon; one of the original bits taken from the Tallgeese to the Leo. Or just for flashiness or convenience...
Although, the Dober Gun being a beam cannon is very static in the anime, it's not just a one time thing. Seriously, though in episode 13, Zechs managed to destroy a barrage of missiles with 2 shots, and when Heero piloted a Leo, its Dober Gun was firing beam shots too. Not to mention Treize's Tallgeese 2, whose Dober Gun was also able to swallow more than 2 Mobile Dolls with a single beam shot.

Quote:
In terms of the speed, 15 Gs is merely the amount of G force that is put onto the pilot's body if you take in the Tallgeese's sheer size and the types of maneuvers it pulls with the larger thrusters. It is NOT (solely) the Tallgeese's straight forward full thrust or acceleration.
G-force is also relative to acceleration due to gravity. You can't say he is experiencing 15Gs worth of acceleration, while just accelerating at 5Gs.
And as mentioned in the link I gave you, doing constant high G-maneuvers are much more dangerous and stressful to the pilot than accelerating in a straight line, the g-force being felt is probably higher in G-maneuvers as well. And getting injuries while accelerating below 18Gs are rare.

Quote:
And, as mentioned, durability tends to be more convenience in most AUs. A MS could "easily" take a blow from one thing one moment (can also depend on the pilot for extra plot armor) yet end up easily damaged/destroyed by the exact same thing the next.
That only goes for grunt suits, though. Specifically, Treize and Heero's Leo, and Une's Taurus. At least, that's what I can remember from skimming through Gundam wing.

Last edited by Yesman; 2011-01-16 at 21:30.