Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-13, 21:51   Link #81
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i would compare bleach to something like transformers 2- boobs, explosions, cgi and non existent plot and originality.
Hey man, Revenge of The Fallen was awesome. ESPECIALLY the retard twins.

And Bleach could never have that many explosions.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:58   Link #82
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Hey man, Revenge of The Fallen was awesome. ESPECIALLY the retard twins.

And Bleach could never have that many explosions.
Course it could and Revenge of the fallen was insane
Old 2011-01-13, 23:05   Link #83
Farscape
Secondman

So i was wondering something, whats the point of these fullbringers after restoring Ichigo's powers? if they lose their powers wanting to have their 'humanity' restored in the proces?

Or am i forgetting or misunderstanding something here? :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I remeber people saying same thing about vizards...
"They are so cool! they have hollow powers like Ichigo! They have more experience so they are more bad ass! When will come the vizards to kick Aizen's ass? Yeh, the vizards are here to kick some asses! Yeh... the vizards had... fallen... "

Remember my words, Fullbringers will have same fate as vizards or Espada... they will get owned without doing much.
Hey! i do remember a two or three espada's who slapped the hell out of a certain few ex/shinigami's/Vizards/main character

*cough*
Soifon
Ichigo
Rukia
Love
Rose

One thing is certainly clear Espada's were definitley not as worthless as those useless vizards. That was pure character filling, extra's with no real purpose. If anyone doesn't agree, Kensei fight anyone? He goes Bankai? What happened after that? Oyah WW got randomly defeated. What a joke.

Who were they suppose to be fighting? anyway. You have 1 Ultimate Super Hollowfied Shinigami, 11 capable captains with 13 vice captains against 10 espada's + 1 GOD and 2 groupies. This math setup is no rocket science. Why bring extra's without giving them a real purpose or closure for that matter.

Which brings us or me for that matter back to my original question above..

Last edited by Farscape; 2011-01-13 at 23:29.
Old 2011-01-13, 23:49   Link #84
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
...so the term "loli" includes adult females with breasts now?
Well maybe Kubo is trolling us again and this new girl transforms into a toddler instead of a woman.
Old 2011-01-14, 00:06   Link #85
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Well maybe Kubo is trolling us again and this new girl transforms into a toddler instead of a woman.
Highly Unlikely if it is a troll then it is just a comedy one
Old 2011-01-14, 00:12   Link #86
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, question: How old were Karin and Yuzu when their mom was attacked?
Old 2011-01-14, 01:42   Link #87
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I think Yuzu was still a baby...
Old 2011-01-14, 04:24   Link #88
ronin myael
lost ronin

ichigo gets another groupie. so what's new?

i think the fullbringers aren't totally "good guys" if you know what i mean? maybe helping ichigo is all just a pretense for some ulterior motive. but with the way kubo has been writing recently i'm not sure if he could come up with a good twist to this fullbringer business. i hope he does, otherwise he'll be wasting another few years of my life reading his manga. lol
Old 2011-01-14, 06:13   Link #89
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Eh, I don't ever bother with the colour spreads unless they got the juicy eye candy (by which I mean the lovely ladies of Bleach). So this is hardly something to care about deeply.
It's still Kubo's work and still shows how little a fuck he gives about this series.

Quote:
-Yeah, he overacts. Just like every single major protagonist in this damn manga. It ain't the 1st time this happened.
-I thought his style has been like that for years now. Dissing on it now ain't gonna change it unless Kubo has another brain surgery.
-Considering we had years of chapters filled with nothing but fighting left and right, this is a welcome change of pace. Granted its a snail's one but its at least different.
The only argument you seem to be offering is, "Well, this is nothing new," which is a deeply flawed argument. So what if its nothing new? Do I really have to come up with some new aspect that Kubo is fucking the series over with? This chapter, like so many others before it, was still a pile of shit whether Kubo is making the same mistakes or not.

And I'm not trying to change this manga, because I can't change this manga. Only Kubo can, but it doesn't look like he's going to. What I am doing though is providing legitimate criticism for a godawful manga series.

Quote:
-Considering the origin of their powers was not fully explained anyway, I don't see the problem. But even if this is a retcon, its hardly something rare. Retcons happen all the time in comics. Kubo is no virgin when it comes to that.
Only in bad comics.

Quote:
-Oh we know Bleach has its share of bad writing. I just figured we abandoned all sense of plausability and just said "Screw it, let's just enjoy the ride". To me, Bleach is the equivalent to a popcorn movie like "Pirahnna 3D". You know, something that isn't very deep or meaningful, but can still give you a fun time if you let it. And yeah, Bleach had a lot of potential but long-running series eventually lose it. Its just the law of things.
One Piece has been running longer than either Bleach or Naruto and its as good as its ever been. I will grant you that many long-running series tend to deteriorate over time, but it depends on the talent and mindset of the author.

Anyway, the only enjoyment I get out of Bleach now is in making fun of it for how god-awful it is, because, let's face it, Bleach is a series that very much deserves to be mocked. Besides, it only takes 30 seconds to read each week, so no huge loss.

But what I'm not going to do is turn my brain off and just pretend that it's good. Thing is, it doesn't even work as a "popcorn movie" because those at least have some entertainment value. Bleach's fights, comedy and plot developments are all unbelievably stupid. You compare it to Pirahna 3D, but I'd compare it more to Last Airbender.
Old 2011-01-14, 06:26   Link #90
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
Hey! i do remember a two or three espada's who slapped the hell out of a certain few ex/shinigami's/Vizards/main character

*cough*
Soifon
Ichigo
Rukia
Love
Rose
Ok they were not completly useless, but rabdom slapping for someone who was promised to be strong id not enough.
Old 2011-01-14, 06:59   Link #91
Kallen4life

Shinji was more or less ok, until that massive fail with his shikai .. Hachi was extremely useful - who says Barragan couldn't have owned all the G-13 solo Aizen style with his death breath if Hachi wasn't there ? Broken ability is broken, Starrk and Halibel had none of that

but overall they were wasted (with the exception of Hachi) even more then the espada I think
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-01-14, 10:50   Link #92
Farscape
Secondman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ok they were not completly useless, but rabdom slapping for someone who was promised to be strong id not enough.
You didn't think they were strong? Kenpachi had an all out battle, so did Ichigo against Grimmjow and he wouldve probably lost if it wasn't for his super saiyan skills

Byakyua's match didn't appear that easy either but it should've i guess simply because he was more skillful and stronger that was just a poor match up.

Syzeasel wouldn't have been beaten that easy if it wasn't for Mayuri's spygames but hey i guess thats what madscientist do

but from the point of espada 4 to 1.. if bleach could've been anymore imbalanced or out of order it would be there. Ulquirroa got defeated by Ichigo on a whole nother level.. perhaps to be compared to Ichigo when he learned the final getsuga.

Harribel well pretty random blame the hitsugaya fans? But still it wasn't like she didn't appear strong?
Barragan doesn't even have to be explained
Stark well even tho he got tossed a side after showing some skill, he still lost to a worthy opponent as numero 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Shinji was more or less ok, until that massive fail with his shikai .. Hachi was extremely useful - who says Barragan couldn't have owned all the G-13 solo Aizen style with his death breath if Hachi wasn't there ? Broken ability is broken, Starrk and Halibel had none of that

but overall they were wasted (with the exception of Hachi) even more then the espada I think
Yes, true but then there is Urahara, Yourichi and Tessai who'm i temporarily forgot, who totally got wasted for nothing. Well Urahara maybe not as bad because his skills did eventually managed to suprise or take down Aizen after Ichigo's 95% workload but still such a waste.

None of the them went all out.. so who is to say that Grandpa, Unohane, Shinsui, Ukitake etc couldn't have blown all of them out of the sky except for Aizen who has his hypno skills.

Overall i believe the espada's did their opponent part.. i think the reason why many don't accept it is simply because the writer is a retard who just keeps skipping lose ends and likes creating cool idea's (of even stronger opponents eg vasto lorde espadas a concept that still isn't clear) and not finish it.

Last edited by Farscape; 2011-01-14 at 11:02.
Old 2011-01-14, 11:12   Link #93
Kallen4life

Quote:
Harribel well pretty random blame the hitsugaya fans
yes I do .. and Kubo

Quote:
But still it wasn't like she didn't appear strong?
she is the only Espada who never took any visible damage, even in a 3-on-1 fight, prior to getting killed by Aizen himself (and he had to strike twice and use hypnosis xD) .. thanks for that at least .. I guess

Espada could have been more & better, but the problem ultimately is - no good guy dies in Bleach, but all the bad guys do (except for Aizen lol, reality warping)

Quote:
so who is to say that Grandpa, Unohane, Shinsui, Ukitake etc couldn't have blown all of them out of the sky
Yama - he could've, but he needed to prepare for Aizen and his flames pretty much nuke everything, enemy or ally
Unohana - mystery .. Kubo saved her for later .. besides she needed to heal all the missing limbs xD
Shunsui - Ukitake said his bankai shouldn't be used where others can see it .. maybe it has friendly fire as well .. and it's probably even more uncontrollable then his shikai
Ukitake - well he's very sick, who knows if he can even stay in bankai for long .. and WW one-shotted him

all those bankais were saved for later too
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-14, 12:10   Link #94
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yama - he could've, but he needed to prepare for Aizen and his flames pretty much nuke everything, enemy or ally
Unohana - mystery .. Kubo saved her for later .. besides she needed to heal all the missing limbs xD
Shunsui - Ukitake said his bankai shouldn't be used where others can see it .. maybe it has friendly fire as well .. and it's probably even more uncontrollable then his shikai
Ukitake - well he's very sick, who knows if he can even stay in bankai for long .. and WW one-shotted him
Kubo didn't want to show any of the senior captain's bankai because senior captian's unlike junior ones are more deadly. Kaname was the only bankai that could be shown but that was because he was going to die and so was Gin. Aizen however didn't die so there is a chance we might see his overpowered senior captain bankai.

Quote:
he is the only Espada who never took any visible damage, even in a 3-on-1 fight, prior to getting killed by Aizen himself (and he had to strike twice and use hypnosis xD) .. thanks for that at least .. I guess

Espada could have been more & better, but the problem ultimately is - no good guy dies in Bleach, but all the bad guys do (except for Aizen lol, reality warping)
Kubo wanted all the Espada fights to be short and weak, but he couldn't do that thanks to Grimmjow and Ulquirra. The arrnacar arc was meant to have weak battles Kubo planned to set it up that way till the fight with Aizen
Old 2011-01-14, 12:32   Link #95
Kallen4life

Aizen, Kaname & Gin weren't senior captains .. there are 4 senior, oldstanding captains in G-13 - Yama, Unohana, Shunsui & Ukitake

since Aizen isn't dead, we may still see his bankai, however - Hogyoku kinda removed his zanpakuto (because apparently you don't need broken illusion powers if you're a big, dumb, hollowish, regenerating brute), maybe now Kubo doesn't need to think up a bankai for him (and it removed the need to deal with his shikai in the future)
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-14, 12:35   Link #96
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Did the Vizard's want to get rid of their powers (post-exile)? I honestly do not remember that sub-plot...
Well if they did it's the first time it's ever been mentioned.
Old 2011-01-14, 12:54   Link #97
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Aizen, Kaname & Gin weren't senior captains .. there are 4 senior, oldstanding captains in G-13 - Yama, Unohana, Shunsui & Ukitake

since Aizen isn't dead, we may still see his bankai, however - Hogyoku kinda removed his zanpakuto (because apparently you don't need broken illusion powers if you're a big, dumb, hollowish, regenerating brute), maybe now Kubo doesn't need to think up a bankai for him (and it removed the need to deal with his shikai in the future)
Kanme I am not sure about neither am I on Gin, but Aizen is a senior just because. And the hogyoku only tried that but it could still comeback I don't know though
Old 2011-01-14, 13:24   Link #98
Kallen4life

Quote:
Aizen is a senior just becaus
riiiiiiiiight
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-14, 13:26   Link #99
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
riiiiiiiiight
I think he meant that Aizen's power alone put him on their level.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:34   Link #100
Farscape
Secondman

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Kanme I am not sure about neither am I on Gin, but Aizen is a senior just because. And the hogyoku only tried that but it could still comeback I don't know though
Aizen is not a senior, the only other senior would be Yoruichi and perhaps the captains of the vizard squat.

Well it actually depends on how Senior would be classified but since Aizen is not even above certain captains from the vaizard squat he definitley wouldn't be rank wise, in skill/powerwise definitley
Closed Thread