AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 12:18   Link #661
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You'll find out who Sabo is when this arc is over (assuming it isn't filler).
Exactly. Anime-only people complain about spoilers and yet they ask questions pertaining to things they haven't discovered yet. JUST WAIT. You guys will find out in due time.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:26   Link #662
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Or just read the manga and find out. :B
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 12:34   Link #663
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Or just read the manga and find out. :B
Even better .
Old 2011-01-16, 12:36   Link #664
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Akainu's magma smothers or extinguishes Ace's flame, making him vulnerable to the heat that magma exudes out of it, burning in internal organs.
No i actually think that Aikanu was using haki to cancel out Ace's powers thus making his normal body vulnerable.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 12:41   Link #665
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
No i actually think that Aikanu was using haki to cancel out Ace's powers thus making his normal body vulnerable.
Akainu wouldn't have any reason to lie... in fact, he was bragging.
Old 2011-01-16, 13:31   Link #666
Kallen4life

I thought about this as well .. it IS possible he was lying and there is no magma > fire thing and Akainu's haki is just stronger (I wouldn't be surprised in the least .. Akainu is damn near unstoppable in his determination, whereas Ace was crying out his face and wishing to die just a short time ago .. can't be good for strengthening one's will) .. but he most likely told the truth and lava > fire, end of story

Quote:
I'm afraid Garp wouldn't be able to kill Akainu. The admirals are known as the "ultimate assault force" and the "marines highest battle potential". Naturally, that means they're the very strongest the marines have to offer, and therefore even legends like Garp and Sengoku are inferior to them.
You must be joking .. Garp might well be the single strongest individual on the Marine side, he's THE legend from the old days on their side (Roger & WB on pirate side) .. furthermore, he was refusing an ADMIRAL promotion as far back as ~26 years ago, meaning he already reached that level of strength back then (or earlier) and kept going forward, possibly being as strong as Roger & WB in their primes .. his age might hold him back like WB (though he isn't sick like Newgate), but he's certainly @ admiral level at least

furthermore, Sengoku WAS an admiral before becoming FA .. it's possible that FA is made from the 'smartest' admiral and not just the strongest, but the opposite is also possible

P.S. RIP Ace, I will miss your Hiken and Dai Enkai: Entei
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 14:30   Link #667
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
You must be joking .. Garp might well be the single strongest individual on the Marine side, he's THE legend from the old days on their side (Roger & WB on pirate side) .. furthermore, he was refusing an ADMIRAL promotion as far back as ~26 years ago, meaning he already reached that level of strength back then (or earlier) and kept going forward, possibly being as strong as Roger & WB in their primes .. his age might hold him back like WB (though he isn't sick like Newgate), but he's certainly @ admiral level at least

furthermore, Sengoku WAS an admiral before becoming FA .. it's possible that FA is made from the 'smartest' admiral and not just the strongest, but the opposite is also possible
I'm completely serious. Garp's prime is irrelevant. He's now past it and is no longer at the absolute top in power. Oda gave the 3 admirals those elite labels for a reason. Denying them is like saying Whitebeard wasn't the strongest man in the world.

A new era has come, and with it comes the passing of the torch to the newer generation.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:32   Link #668
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm completely serious. Garp's prime is irrelevant. He's now past it and is no longer at the absolute top in power. Oda gave the 3 admirals those elite labels for a reason. Denying them is like saying Whitebeard wasn't the strongest man in the world.

A new era has come, and with it comes the passing of the torch to the newer generation.
I think the biggest disappointment I had with this arc is that the Shichibukai didn't play a bigger role, given how much hype they were given before the battle.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:37   Link #669
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I think the biggest disappointment I had with this arc is that the Shichibukai didn't play a bigger role, given how much hype they were given before the battle.
Yeah, I would have liked to have seen them do more. If they actually fought to their utmost capabilities, this war would be over by now.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:40   Link #670
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Yeah, I would have liked to have seen them do more. If they actually fought to their utmost capabilities, this war would be over by now.
They actually seemed more concerned with settling previous grudges among themselves (but that was almost to be expected), and they seemed to be playing around more than anything. It was actually given a foreshadowing, when they had that meeting with the caption that they would never be able to work as a team.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:47   Link #671
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
They actually seemed more concerned with settling previous grudges among themselves (but that was almost to be expected), and they seemed to be playing around more than anything. It was actually given a foreshadowing, when they had that meeting with the caption that they would never be able to work as a team.
Moria and Hancock are best at eliminating hordes of fodder. Mihawk, Kuma, and Doflamingo, would be able to take care of the bigger fish.

The result is realistic. Whitebeard+crew is only 1/4 of a world power. Even with the help of 43 NW (New World) Captains and the Impel Down escapees, they had to contend against 2 world powers (Marines and Shichibukai). They never stood a chance to begin with, and this is with the shichibukai fighting amongst themselves and not putting in much effort.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:50   Link #672
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Moria and Hancock are best at eliminating hordes of fodder. Mihawk, Kuma, and Doflamingo, would be able to take care of the bigger fish.
Did you notice that the latter three (except Kuma, of course) were fooling around even more than the Admirals seemed to be?

Quote:
The result is realistic. Whitebeard+crew is only 1/4 of a world power. Even with the help of 43 NW (New World) Captains and the Impel Down escapees, they had to contend against 2 world powers (Marines and Shichibukai). They never stood a chance to begin with, and this is with the shichibukai fighting amongst themselves and not putting in much effort.
You know, I'm wondering if Mihawk's attack against Luffy was a bid to buy time for a certain event that hasn't been aired yet and to confirm for himself whether his frenemy's belief in him was justified?
Old 2011-01-16, 14:54   Link #673
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Did you notice that the latter three (except Kuma, of course) were fooling around even more than the Admirals seemed to be?
Yeah, especially Doflamingo. He hasn't been intimidated by anything and has treated his opponents like jokes. He's been having a party .

Quote:
You know, I'm wondering if Mihawk's attack against Luffy was a bid to buy time for a certain event that hasn't been aired yet and to confirm for himself whether his frenemy's belief in him was justified?
I know what you're referring to, my friend. Very possible, and we'll leave it at that .
Old 2011-01-16, 15:01   Link #674
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Yeah, especially Doflamingo. He hasn't been intimidated by anything and has treated his opponents like jokes. He's been having a party .
That he was; he even had time to flirt with Crocodile.

Quote:
I know what you're referring to, my friend. Very possible, and we'll leave it at that .
Should we take this particular discussion to the manga thread?
Old 2011-01-16, 15:06   Link #675
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Should we take this particular discussion to the manga thread?
I wouldn't mind. The only thing is that it would be off-topic to do so over there. Perhaps in a more specific thread (like the Shichibukai one)?
Old 2011-01-16, 15:09   Link #676
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I wouldn't mind. The only thing is that it would be off-topic to do so over there. Perhaps in a more specific thread (like the Shichibukai one)?
Would you like to do the honors (quoting everything and posting it)?
Old 2011-01-16, 15:15   Link #677
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Actually had dreams of Ace joining the Go Merry, banging Nami, and keeping the the high profile nature of the crew intact...Never expected this, never ever...Mustache Dude told you to get the hell outta there Ace...But Noooo, you had to make sure Lilac-flower suited man of melting magma took back his insults...Kind of a $hitty way for it to play out in the end, but them the breaks...Cool for me that I didn't watch One Piece for about 4 months so I could roll thru the episodes, pretty epic arc and it reaches a fever-pitch next week after this...I was hoping Luffy would go gear 4 or something though...

PROTIP
- GTFO when Whitbeard says GTFO!
Old 2011-01-16, 15:32   Link #678
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Would you like to do the honors (quoting everything and posting it)?
Done ! Check out the "General Discussion on the Shichibukai [Manga]" thread.
Old 2011-01-16, 16:21   Link #679
hero147

Quote:

Given that Garp was able to stand toe-to-toe with both Roger and Whitebeard, it's not a gigantic leap of faith to say that Garp was and is still stronger than Akainu. Whitebeard is still stronger than Akainu, it only makes sense that Garp would follow suit. Though nothing is definitive.

Quote:

While I do admit that the result was realistic, I think it was somewhere stated that both the Shichibukai and the admirals were brought together to counter the power of the 4 emperors. So in actuality admirals+Shichibukai = 4 emperors.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 16:25   Link #680
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Given that Garp was able to stand toe-to-toe with both Roger and Whitebeard, it's not a gigantic leap of faith to say that Garp was and is still stronger than Akainu. Whitebeard is still stronger than Akainu, it only makes sense that Garp would follow suit. Though nothing is definitive.
But it was said that Whitebeard was the only one able to fight Roger on even grounds. Garp pursued him constantly and was able to corner him several times, but he always lost in the end.

Quote:
While I do admit that the result was realistic, I think it was somewhere stated that both the Shichibukai and the admirals were brought together to counter the power of the 4 emperors. So in actuality admirals+Shichibukai = 4 emperors.
Let's not get started on this damn topic; it always ends up a flame war.