AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 22:37   Link #6061
dadarksider

it looks haruto and eba gonna go out again and thts where the story will cuz to me it looks like she still got feelings....
dadarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:37   Link #6062
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
...those cockblocks (damn why I have to use this word also XD??) will not lose any significance as long as they make it happen during the trip...when the Eba saga is over and the story is reaching its end XD...Haruto will make sure Asuka remember her promise
WHy do I get the feeling that Haruto is going to have an uncomfortable moment on a beach with Asuka and Eba running right into each other?
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:38   Link #6063
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Takashi is the goofy sidekick/best friend but when it really comes down to it he's there to say a few words of wisdom at the right time, same with all the best friend roles

Hey the lad isn't totally brain dead, don't forget he's chasing after Kiyomi he's doing something right
Old 2011-01-20, 22:39   Link #6064
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I always thought Takashi is constantly on the wrong side when he is dealing his own issue...when it comes to Haruto, Takashi is quite right (when he is serious, of course)

and I thought the whole purpose of the character like Takashi is to say out what the author wants audiences to know XD
In this series, I always felt the other girls played that role.

Speaking of girls... where's Yuzuki's sister? Her name is Rin right? It's been so long I think I forgot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
WHy do I get the feeling that Haruto is going to have an uncomfortable moment on a beach with Asuka and Eba running right into each other?
I told you guys before. He's going to have a condom in hand!
Old 2011-01-20, 22:43   Link #6065
dadarksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
lmao...i got the same feeling
Old 2011-01-20, 23:06   Link #6066
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The time skip was necessary to establish their relationship without wasting time. I would have preferred he skip a couple of months at a time but time skips are important to stories many times.
Time skips does not establish a relationship, it only forces one when a root hasn't been established hence I do not comprehend your logic if a time skip was use after progress it would had been more understandable. And also whether something is boring or not progression does not hinder such emotion, more or less you're interpreting something which hasn't been shown and already calling it boring before it's being shown which is rather conceit in believe.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 23:46   Link #6067
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Latest chapter .... facepalm~ Another cockblock. And Haruto is living in the same apartments as Yamato. --- I really want Yamato to meet him and put some advice to his relationship.
I don't believe that Haruto is not that affected at all, I feel like he's convincing himself that he's not affected. (Maybe it's just me.) It's a big mistake for him to make it a secret to Asuka.
If another cockblock will happen in their own "date trip", it's confirmed that Seo's not allowing them to end up together.
Oh and yes, another thing I don't see Haruto studying hard. Nanami is gonna make it to "Master Chef".
Old 2011-01-21, 03:38   Link #6068
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
The time skip was necessary to establish their relationship without wasting time. I would have preferred he skip a couple of months at a time but time skips are important to stories many times.
Here we need a pic of "Not sure if serious?"

Come on, when time skip establishes a relationship? Its the writing that does it. Time skip is only when author doesn't want to deal it and goes the easiest way. In fan fics time skip is usually a sign of a bad story writing if the relationship is not established before skip.

Time skip usually means

A) Author needs to change relationship but doesn't have skills

B) Author has skills but doesn't have time to do that - this time skip

C) Author simply doesn't want to deal with that

Time skip is like fig-leaf to cover your lacks. It only can be used in a good story when relationship is already established not when it is just forming because it screams of a lousy writing.

Really thats the first time i heard that time skip establishes anything by itself.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 04:29   Link #6069
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Here we need a pic of "Not sure if serious?"
Am I doin it right?

Quote:
Come on, when time skip establishes a relationship? Its the writing that does it. Time skip is only when author doesn't want to deal it and goes the easiest way. In fan fics time skip is usually a sign of a bad story writing if the relationship is not established before skip.
I'm okay with this. Hehehe. I actually think that time skips are done to tell the readers that "useless things or non-plot related happened" at that time. Of course, flashbacks are there to dispel that. But until Seo wries something about it, Asuka is in a bad spot.
Old 2011-01-21, 05:56   Link #6070
dadarksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Am I doin it right?

I'm okay with this. Hehehe. I actually think that time skips are done to tell the readers that "useless things or non-plot related happened" at that time. Of course, flashbacks are there to dispel that. But until Seo wries something about it, Asuka is in a bad spot.
we all know wuts gonna happen asuka is gonna dump him because he started to talk to eba.....
Old 2011-01-21, 09:47   Link #6071
kakajd

new chapter was really good, haruto seems to be in love with asuka and them getting together seems more likely now.

still, the sister coming in like that was funny, but annoying, god damn, will they or wont they?

im hoping that haruto isnt trying to get closer to asuka to push his feelings for eba aside, and that haruto actually wants to be with asuka.

asuka route is in motion now lol
Old 2011-01-21, 13:44   Link #6072
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
im hoping that haruto isnt trying to get closer to asuka to push his feelings for eba aside, and that haruto actually wants to be with asuka.
I happen to believe this to be the case in a sense. I think he wants to be with Asuka, but doesn't want any feelings/uncertainties about Eba to rear their head and get in the way of his relationship with Asuka, since he's trying to have a serious thing going here.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong either.
Old 2011-01-21, 13:52   Link #6073
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Time skips does not establish a relationship, it only forces one when a root hasn't been established hence I do not comprehend your logic if a time skip was use after progress it would had been more understandable. And also whether something is boring or not progression does not hinder such emotion, more or less you're interpreting something which hasn't been shown and already calling it boring before it's being shown which is rather conceit in believe.
Example, pre-skip they are not together then post-skip they are together. Therefore, it was established. May not have been ideal, but it was.
Old 2011-01-21, 14:12   Link #6074
Nemuru

Quote:
Example, pre-skip they are not together then post-skip they are together. Therefore, it was established. May not have been ideal, but it was.
It was established in a forceful way ^^, which would be true to your statement ideally or not. What I am trying to get across is without stable development prior to establishing a couple it becomes forceful on readers to only just accept.

If To-love-ru simply had a Lala introduction saying she likes Rito then time skip and they're are together that scenario would be forced upon the viewer's which is how I am viewing kimi no iru machi in a similar manner.

In the end I wonder if we're just going to repeat ourselves. I want my quiet life back lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I did read Darknemo2000 post and it is mostly on point with what I believe so I will continue following my original post and call it lousy writing. Originally my intent was only to express my disagreement on Seo writing but if you're insistent that time skip was use in a tasteful manner before any real development I'm just going to leave it as your opinion since i strongly disagree with that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd
I better get this out of my system since it's been bugging me.... how does wanting to be with someone and pushing you're feelings works in unison? If anything it's a contradiction in itself.

If you're trying to push your feeling's aside it means you like the other person more or wavering between two. If you want to be with someone mutually then you shouldn't be feeling guilty or have feelings for others because you know exactly who you want to be with.

I suppose another scenario exist which would satisfy that statement called 'two timing ~~~'

EDIT:

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-01-21 at 14:25.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 17:03   Link #6075
Diedrupo

I've almost given up on this manga a couple times, and both were because I have always felt that Eba was a terrible "heroine/love interest" and Haruto hooking up with her in the end would be the worst thing ever.

If Seo hasn't realized by now how poorly he wrote the character (thus causing the majority of the readership to not sympatize or root for her), then he is a lost cause. I loved Suzuka but this is no Suzuka.

What I really hate is when people say that the love interest is always the first girl - which means that no matter how bad of a character Eba is, people still want her to be the one, simply because she was "first". That is ridiculous, and I wish authors would have more balls to defy the establishment and do something different for once.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 17:08   Link #6076
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
What I mean it doesn't establishes at all - it just states it as afact but nothing to show us the actual development and progress that makes the story.

It just states new facts and starts playing with them from there just like in bad fan-fics where the author for one or the other reason cannot handle the characters as they are and uses skip as a cheap excuse for the changes but all in all in most cases it is just a bad/lazy writing and this is the case in here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Am I doin it right?
Yeah you are. Thanks.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 17:10   Link #6077
dadarksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I've almost given up on this manga a couple times, and both were because I have always felt that Eba was a terrible "heroine/love interest" and Haruto hooking up with her in the end would be the worst thing ever.

If Seo hasn't realized by now how poorly he wrote the character (thus causing the majority of the readership to not sympatize or root for her), then he is a lost cause. I loved Suzuka but this is no Suzuka.

What I really hate is when people say that the love interest is always the first girl - which means that no matter how bad of a character Eba is, people still want her to be the one, simply because she was "first". That is ridiculous, and I wish authors would have more balls to defy the establishment and do something different for once.
thats true because he gave up everything for her so it would make sense....the only reason author separated eba from haruto was for to make him think that he can move on but in the end he gonna come running back to her.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:25   Link #6078
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post

Actually Nanami was the "first" girl. So if you want Seo to go the unconventional route, he'll hook up with Eba in the end.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 17:50   Link #6079
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Actually Nanami was the "first" girl. So if you want Seo to go the unconventional route, he'll hook up with Eba in the end.
The term "first girl" is the first girl we, the reader or viewer, see. In this case, it is Yuzuki.
Old 2011-01-22, 06:26   Link #6080
ZeKeR
Superbad

so can we safely assume that haruto is a Procrastinating and Undecided Slow Sissy Youth nao?

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life