Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 13:32   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Making BD Movie Discs with Anime episodes/movies to play on a PS3/BD Player

So we all know the PS3 is very limited in the types of movie files it can play, so I thought I might be able to work around that by making BD movie discs of anime episodes/movies (not BD data discs) with a PC BD writer.

But I remember that DVD movie discs had a similar problem; the types of movie files compatible were limited. So does anybody know how limited the burning programs for BD writers are?

For example, I wanted to take a 1080p version of the Trigun movie and burn it onto a BD as a movie disc and not a data disc in an attempt to bypass the PS3's limited movie file playback ability. I'm sure the movie disc would play (I did this trick with DVD movie discs where I burned episode of Gundam 00 and Macross Frontier and played them through my player), but how limited are the BD burning programs in what movie files they allow for movie disc burning?
Old 2011-01-19, 22:31   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Or you could just use PS3 Media Server or wait till the homebrew scene grows larger and we have proper media players running on the PS3.
Old 2011-01-21, 15:52   Link #3
Sides

There is/was a tool called multiavchd that is probably what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure that there are more software out there that does a similar job, but i haven't really kept up with BD authoring software.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 21:50   Link #4
Jaden

PS3 media server is probably the easiest way to go about it (takes quite a lot of processing power and home network usage though)
Or you can convert the fansubs to a PS3 friendly format with mkv2vob, or some similiar thingy. this takes time and it will sometimes just fail