AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-19, 07:46   Link #21
Evan
天使我爱你

lol this is really getting outta hand lol.....
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 07:47   Link #22
JohnSilver
MS Technician

Send a message via MSN to JohnSilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, after watching the OP, ED, and the intermission animations, somehow I kinda feel Kira and Lacus are still the main protagonists of Destiny, while Shin and Stellar are just some people tacked along
Do you know what "protagonist" means? From Professor Robert Brown "Canadian Short Story" course (and yes, I managed to get that university teacher to watch Gundam 0083): The protagonist is the character to whom the main conflict occurs. And from what I've seen, Shin will be the protagonist in this serie, but I need to watch more to make a in-depth analysis (goes back to watching some GSD)
JohnSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 07:58   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSilver
Do you know what "protagonist" means? From Professor Robert Brown "Canadian Short Story" course (and yes, I managed to get that university teacher to watch Gundam 0083): The protagonist is the character to whom the main conflict occurs. And from what I've seen, Shin will be the protagonist in this serie, but I need to watch more to make a in-depth analysis (goes back to watching some GSD)
Of course I know Shin is the main protagonist of the show, it's written on the official website. I was talking about the OP, ED and intermission animations, and how it seems Kira and Lacus has more screen time and more close-up direct shots than Shin and Stellar during them -_-
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 09:09   Link #24
sarcasteak
WAHA~

JohnSilver is such a Seeder!

Don't feel bad, dreamless...I understood your intention perfectly. ^^
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 09:54   Link #25
Breogan
Umeboshi

I bet the war will get really awful between the 2 sides and they'll pull out their weapons of mass destruction and in the end Kira, Athrun and Shin will join together and fight both sides (sounds familiar to anyone?)
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 17:21   Link #26
Hanbok
nahmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, after watching the OP, ED, and the intermission animations, somehow I kinda feel Kira and Lacus are still the main protagonists of Destiny, while Shin and Stellar are just some people tacked along
Might as well picture Shin with brown hair like Kira.
Hanbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 17:35   Link #27
Wisely

Kira's role = fight Shin

Why?

Cos Shin hooked up with Lacus
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 13:27   Link #28
ForceFreedom

Anyone else notice in the ED after it scrolls past Shin you see Lacus in that fscking dress sitting waaay back on the chest of a Gundam, and then you see her again at the end with Kira? Attack of the Clones!
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 14:55   Link #29
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFreedom
Anyone else notice in the ED after it scrolls past Shin you see Lacus in that fscking dress sitting waaay back on the chest of a Gundam, and then you see her again at the end with Kira? Attack of the Clones!
Yea this was mentioned in another thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it. They were trying to sort out who the characters were in the ending. Somehow Luminaria was mistaken for Lacus or Vice-Versa?

Anyways, IMO Kira's role will be to question Shin's motives for being a soldier and fighting. Though Shin's situation is very much plausible, Kira's whole notion of 'why can't we just end all wars and be peace loving people with huge robots?' will probably come into play, along with the crying and the constant Lacus singing and dancing and so on. But we all know they are gonna become the Angsty Trio and fight the main antagonist, whoever that is gonna be.
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 16:20   Link #30
Critias

The more important question is, what role will Lacus play? Or her "clone"?

Maybe the clone (the evil-looking one with Athrun in the beginning) is the one who messes with everyone's heads and pits them all against each other. Maybe she brainwashes Athrun and all them with her dancing and what-not, and makes them fight Kira and the rest.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 17:46   Link #31
Hanbok
nahmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias
The more important question is, what role will Lacus play? Or her "clone"?

Maybe the clone (the evil-looking one with Athrun in the beginning) is the one who messes with everyone's heads and pits them all against each other. Maybe she brainwashes Athrun and all them with her dancing and what-not, and makes them fight Kira and the rest.
Athrun would never fall for such petty tricks.
Old 2004-10-20, 18:06   Link #32
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i miss kira.......

that shin kid looks too much like kira........i hope kira doesnt kill shinn so he can be the main char again whenever they fight. cause we all know kira will own shin.
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 19:07   Link #33
Hanbok
nahmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy
i miss kira.......

that shin kid looks too much like kira........i hope kira doesnt kill shinn so he can be the main char again whenever they fight. cause we all know kira will own shin.
SHHHHHHHHH! SHIN MIGHT HEAR AND CRY!
Old 2004-10-21, 13:50   Link #34
Sunni

[GSD]What role will Kira play?

Kira will be the one who fight against Shin in destiny...Anyway we all want to see this fight but I don't think someone will die during this battle
Sunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 13:57   Link #35
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbok
SHHHHHHHHH! SHIN MIGHT HEAR AND CRY!
But Kira has already started crying on his own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni
Kira will be the one who fight against Shin in destiny...Anyway we all want to see this fight but I don't think someone will die during this battle
Yes, and then after they fight they make up kiss up and drink up and knock up. YES.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 20:08   Link #36
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
anybody else waiting for a seed to "pop"??
dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 21:53   Link #37
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Theory #1 (neither of these r serious)
Kira starts crying in the final showdown between ZAFT and EA on public channels.
Everyone stops fighting and thinks a poor little puppy is being tortured somewhere.
While everyone is off guard he uses his Freedom+Meteor and shoots down everyone.

The "fake" Lacus is actually Lacus' friend taking over her place since the real one is pregnant . The war waged on for another 5 years and on little Kira's 4th birthday, he jumps into daddy's gundam with gradient eyes, injects the latest druggie drug, and goes wild on the battlefields... (did I mention he gets those lightning newtype effects too?)
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 23:37   Link #38
problemedchild
ô_ô

Hmm....... a series with Kira + Shin yaoi fanservice? Sounds like a match made in heaven. Now all we need is Rei and some entry plugs. Never forget Kaoru.

Who knows.... maybe in the end everyone will get cloned and they'll do a mass or... err nevermind.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 04:49   Link #39
tyranimo
Sue me, Why don't you?

Send a message via AIM to tyranimo
I'll feel real bad if Impulse manages to overpower Justice.

Anyway, its like Shinn is Kira all over again

Strike with 3 mod packs?

Impulse with 3 Add-ons?

tsk tsk,
most likely he'll get a upgrade or uber gundam in the end again..

But i still don't want to see kira get kicked to the side with a lousy gundam =(

That'll suck terribly.

And on Kira's role?
I was thinking along the lines of:

K- why do you fight?
S- for power to avenge
K- is this what you really want?

blah blah blah.
Just as long as they don't go into the Athrun vs Kira enemies thingy and i'll be fine.
I want Kira and Athrun and Shinn to be on the same side >< + on good relations.. or else we'll have another "I don't wanan fight you but i have to cause you're my enemy. Why must i fight you?" angst plot again.

Still, from the website, they said unlike SEED which focuses on human relations, DESTINY is going to focus on the idealogy of war itself.. so.. expect more battles? or maybe more "why do i battle" angst?

hahah..
my 2 cents
tyranimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 05:13   Link #40
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm....Kira will most probably play on a guidance role in Destiny. Since Shinn is so bent on having revenge, maybe Kira will try knocking some sense back into him by fighting with him. But ever since I heard of Destiny's story, I sort of have a feeling that Kira will 'sacrifice' himself in order to 'wake' Shinn up. You know, ever since Kira return with Freedom in the original Seed, he just stop killing people (except for Klueze). All he ever did was chop off MS's head or arm. If he ever knew that he indirectly cause the death of Shinn's family, he'll be shattered, and most probably lost the will to fight Shinn later on. Then maybe after Kira died, Shinn will start wondering what Kira was trying to tell him. BUT! I personally don't want Kira to die though. That is waaaay to dramatic. For all you know, somewhere in the middle of Destiny, Athrun will sort of introduce Shinn to Kira, and told him Kira's past history.