AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-10-21, 15:02   Link #221
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
The staff who worked on GIRLS Bravo had nothing to do with the fog, Fuji TV added it due to their new censorship policies.

And Mai-HiME airs on TV Tokyo, so Fuji TV has nothing to do with the series.
Didn't think that I needed a " " tag there - with the "or something" and the " " one already - but okay. Will go back and edit that post afterwards.

Seen episode 4; have to love the way "flying halfway around the world" does to someone's sleep schedule.

I gave "Mai HiME" either a 8 or a 8.5, I think, earlier... somewhere. Whatever the score was, drop it down by 2 for me. I have no idea what direction this series is going, especially with it now being more that 25% over, and would guess that it's faithful to the manga because this episode, IMHO, was just silly.

OTOH, getting a look at the "monster" of this episode reminded me of "Gremlins"... Not really a good memory. Mai looks cute in her waitress outfit, their dorm building being turned into a... trap... of sorts, Shiho's behavior toward her "brother" is getting a bit old but is still funny, but for the most part, it's a Natsuki episode. Don't know yet if I'll continue to watch - or buy the DVDs when they come out, however. Still seems to be nothing more than the usual school kids series with mysterious powers and such.

Big whoop, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 15:36   Link #222
DrewGSR

know episodes 2 and 3 have been out, but Akeep just released both of them
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 18:04   Link #223
apr
Pedestrian

Just watched episode 04 of Mai-HiME, which was better than the two previous episodes. It doesn't do anything with the storyline, but establishes a bit of a relationship between the main characters, in a humorous little sideshow about an underwear thief.

I'll make a spoiler thingie with screenshots from the episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-21, 18:39   Link #224
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr

Spoiler:
Is it just me, or does it look like she's not wearing any panties... . Good (or bad, if you like) thing they cropped the essentials away...heh heh heh.

Anyways, I've been following the series, and everything is fine and dandy by me, except for one thing: Less mechas and more powers please. Mai having pyrokinesis sure is a major plus, but the spinning rings around her limbs just looks...queer. And Mai looks suprisingly developed when she's suppose to be only 15.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 20:33   Link #225
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
I think the animators were a bit rushed back there and tried to chase the airing schedule. And yeah, I noticed how well develop Mai is. Is that a nice thing of a bad thing?

Spoiler for something to be shared while killing time for Ep4:
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 01:50   Link #226
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr
Just watched episode 04 of Mai-HiME, which was better than the two previous episodes. It doesn't do anything with the storyline, but establishes a bit of a relationship between the main characters, in a humorous little sideshow about an underwear thief.

I'll make a spoiler thingie with screenshots from the episode.

Spoiler:
now thats really a Ecchi Mai-HiME
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 02:02   Link #227
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Is it just me, or does it look like she's not wearing any panties... . Good (or bad, if you like) thing they cropped the essentials away...heh heh heh.
It's not just you for sure, and what's with the tentacle monster...
Old 2004-10-22, 05:15   Link #228
Rand
Dragon Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
he ? Hentai inspiration ? Let's see the plot now : magical powers, mystics and legends , schoolgirls, swords, panties and swinsuits...Where the Hell is this show going ?
Anyways, i'm going to follow it, i like this serie, action and a bit of fan service are a good combination for relaxing after a day of work...
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 06:10   Link #229
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
he ? Hentai inspiration ? Let's see the plot now : magical powers, mystics and legends , schoolgirls, swords, panties and swinsuits...Where the Hell is this show going ?
Anyways, i'm going to follow it, i like this serie, action and a bit of fan service are a good combination for relaxing after a day of work...
You PERV!!!!!!

*goes back into the closet with his lap top* :P

It was bound to happen, a show like this was bound to have some fanservice in it, almost every show ot these days does for some reason. So long as it doesnt go over board ill be cool with i, its when it gets to much it gets on my nerves; like the teacher from dears. She really got on my nerves by the end of the series.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 06:29   Link #230
Painless

Can the people discussing episode 4 learn to use
Spoiler:
I'm afraid to read those posts.
Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 07:49   Link #231
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
They need love and compassion just like every other warm blooded mutant. They also need ppl to quit cutting off their appendages with razor sharp and double action blades.

Still, never expected ecchi of this level and quality from the producers
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 08:15   Link #232
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Still, never expected ecchi of this level and quality from the producers
Yes.

Still haven't seen ep 4 (waiting for the subs), but it seems the producers wanted to put all the fan service they could think of in one big episode.
Funny, isn't it ?
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 08:33   Link #233
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Well, I liked episode 4 a lot. Very funny.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 12:01   Link #234
Sunni

Mai Hime / My-Hime

for me I will give 7/10...Medium....that have action and good main character...but I heard this will be only 13 episode.
Sunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 12:05   Link #235
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I haven't seen episode 4 yet (downloading raw now), but I do have a quick question:

Spoiler for Just in case:

EDIT: Never mind, I've watched it.

Best episode ever.

Last edited by dkellis; 2004-10-22 at 16:51.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 12:35   Link #236
Painless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni
for me I will give 7/10...Medium....that have action and good main character...but I heard this will be only 13 episode.
There's some discussion about the amount of episodes on pages 4 and 5 of this thread. Someone mentioned reading the series' official page and seeing "Episode 15" and "episode 20" mentioned there. There was some other evidence for more than 13 eps there, too. AnimeNFO and AniDB have the episode count at 13, but they've been wrong before (and they may very well have the same source). The "How many episodes" thread still has Mai Hime as unknown.
Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 16:23   Link #237
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
I haven't seen episode 4 yet (downloading raw now), but I do have a quick question:

Spoiler for Just in case:
Spoiler tags for asking a question?

Spoiler for Answer:

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 06:27   Link #238
seiftis
~defying fate

omg... ep.4 was damn funny especially the first 7 minutes~ I can't even stop laughing

BTW, what's Nagi's actual role in the story anyway?
Old 2004-10-23, 07:58   Link #239
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol ep4 must be heaven for male anime fans (and for that Kendo club guy ), suddenly I love Natsuki a lot more *drools*
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 10:19   Link #240
outlawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
lol ep4 must be heaven for male anime fans
<SNIP>
though I kinda wonder if this episode will turn off some female anime fans [/spoiler]
Seeing as how this show was marketed to males to begin with... I don't think that's going to be an issue in JP. Now in American where a good amount of female anime fans liked Love Hina (which seems weird as far as I'm concered)....one can only wonder.

Anyone else find it interesting how there has been a lack of service/moe. Hell they even made a joke about it in the preview for ep2. I guess Sunrise will do a bishoujo show but they aren't going to go overboard with it. Nonetheless it has been enjoyable so far. I'm not a big fan of Mikoto's chara design at all. I do like Mai and Natsuki a lot though. Megami vol 54 had a nice pullout of Mai.

Last edited by outlawed; 2004-10-23 at 10:34.
outlawed is offline   Reply With Quote