AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 20:09   Link #2141
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
However I think many people are jumping to conclusions. Remember when he uses the Kings Pillar Sugata is supposed to go into a coma like state it's obvious that her duty is to help get him out of or even prevent it from happening.
Yes I agreed, she just there naked and that's doesn't mean she does her night job, maybe she just use her power to return Sugata from deep slumber. Wako does the purification naked to.

Also my theory about Sarina is:
We got 3 type of cybody Warrior, Maiden, King. Maybe Sarina is the queen, well it's just speculation, i got this because of when vice president in the top of her head, it's like a crown for her . Silly eh . . ..
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 20:23   Link #2142
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ok thinking an alternative on Keito implied rape scene to Sugata, it might just be her duty as a maiden (or this is the Head's plan that his talking about) to heal Sugata whenever he uses the King's Pillar, and it might be just some kind of purification ritual that Wako is nakedly doing too, so Keito does not necessarily having sex with Sugata there to get pregnant, that implied rape scene may just be trolling of BONES because if its indeed sex scene and will lead to pregnancy and Keito is still minor at High School, i dont think Star Driver will pass that anti-anime and anti-manga law of Tokyo if its really a sex scene
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 21:30   Link #2143
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Fun episode, all of those disclaimers and everything. It made that final scene a bigger WTF!? too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought that was them. You can't spell faggots without gg...
Yes, their trolling knows no bounds.
Old 2011-02-06, 21:37   Link #2144
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

after some thinking of this episode, its kinda obvious now that Star Drivers that have real marks are the only ones that have First Phase abilities, i hope they show the First Phase of Takuto already
Old 2011-02-06, 22:09   Link #2145
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
after some thinking of this episode, its kinda obvious now that Star Drivers that have real marks are the only ones that have First Phase abilities, i hope they show the First Phase of Takuto already
It's Engrish proficiency.
Old 2011-02-06, 22:21   Link #2146
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's Engrish proficiency.
its a pinch!!!
Old 2011-02-06, 22:29   Link #2147
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
its a pinch!!!
It's a wonder....
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 23:05   Link #2148
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
lol <3 the ending scene. Good stuff. Rape me to heal me.
Old 2011-02-07, 00:56   Link #2149
christinemarie
Crazy One

The last time I saw this kind of scene from episode 18 is from Fatal Fury Movie 3, where Sulia (Keiko) got herself naked to heal Terry Bogard (Sugata).

Spoiler for Wild Speculation:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:08   Link #2150
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Please DO NOT imitate rapist

at the end.

What the hell just happened?!

Keito, what have you done?!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-07 at 01:26.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:38   Link #2151
Jarmel

Damn. There's no way that they're going to go down the implied rape route. I mean Jesus that's dark even for Bones. I'm guessing it's a purification ritual from using King's Pillar. Otherwise god damn I'll give this show serious points for this. Yea they had heavy sexual hints before but this is on a whole new level.

Also note how Sugata didn't care even about Takuto's safety when he used King's Pillar. I'm sure he's going to become the final villain and this will probably lead to the breaking point.

Just god damn.

Takuto's reaction to the karaoke scene was classic though.

Honest to god, the mecha fights are the weakest aspect of this show and are what is going to hold back the show from becoming a classic. Which is mindblowing considering this is coming from the studio that made Eureka 7.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:50   Link #2152
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Takuto's reaction to the karaoke scene was classic though.
I'd say her reaction was even funnier. Then the employee admitting she was there every day (after she told Takuto she didn't have that dream anymore) just made it even more hilarious. lol
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 02:00   Link #2153
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Please DO NOT imitate rapist

at the end.

What the hell just happened?!

Keito, what have you done?!
Turn off subtitles and watch that scene again.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 03:35   Link #2154
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Turn off subtitles and watch that scene again.
It doesn't make it any less of an implied rape scene, you know.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 04:21   Link #2155
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Honest to god, the mecha fights are the weakest aspect of this show and are what is going to hold back the show from becoming a classic.
Because someone chose to make them look excessively repetitive and poorly animated at times.

take ep18 for example, if it wasn't for the awesome karaoke-scene and the WTF-supposed rape-scene at the end, it really wouldn't have anything memorable. (i.e. no memorable mecha fights)

I'd say the First Phase fights are the weakest aspect of the show, no wonder they're often underused. (i.e. usually when there's some problem with cybodies: damaged or whatever)
Old 2011-02-07, 06:43   Link #2156
n120cky

Well it's true we don't know what the true meaning about that "rape scene" for now. What would you think if the one who did it not Keito, but Takuto .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 08:46   Link #2157
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Totally didn't see that last scene coming. It goes so well with the pairs little scene in the preview "you enjoyed raping me, right?" for next weeks episode.
Old 2011-02-07, 09:58   Link #2158
_gallo_

Quote:
Honest to god, the mecha fights are the weakest aspect of this show and are what is going to hold back the show from becoming a classic. Which is mindblowing considering this is coming from the studio that made Eureka 7.
I wouldn’t be so sure about this. Star Driver has more drawbacks than simply uninspiring mecha dogfights. Even if you take them away from the show, I doubt it will be judged as a classic. The series seem to have gathered a lot of hate among the anime-sphere. Some people call it and abortion, others a trainwreck and in general this blend between mecha and mahout shojo shonen has been seen as one of the most uninspiring thing ever made.
Personally I’m a bit disappointed at this point since I was expecting something more, especially in terms of character development. Instead of trying to be extremely popular the show needed to dedicate more space to dramatic retrospective about the main characters. Instead too much time is wasted on pandering the audience. The school moments are fun, and there probably lies Igarashi’s ability to handle this kind of situations, but once the show tries to get serious and to go in deep it’s pretty uninteresting and tamed, like the if the authors fear the audience's reactions. Plus characters’ personality is underexposed.
That said, the show is far from being the worst thing out there. I can’t understand all the blame on Star Driver while there are by far worse anime. Sometime I see all this hate as the outcome of an hyperbole syndrome.

Another underwhelming thing about the show for me was the lack of skilled staffers working on it. With more talented people doing single episodes, I’m sure that the series would have been better. The only one which I think has above average skills besides the director and the writer is Yoshiyuki Asai which has directed ep 1, 15 as well as the part where Keito sings in the last episode. The rest of the line directors didn’t really shined across the series. Moreover I was really pissed that Igarashi has not got his hand dirty on some episode ever since the first one. Both in Soul Eater and Ouran he was much more directly involved, whereas here he probably spend his time on directional duties since he has to cope with staff inexperience episode by episode. Bones has made too many series during these years and their talents really got diluited across them. Fuck Bones! Instead of making Ando and Kyoda work under that shitty Heroman director, they should have been redeployed to Star Driver along with Nakamura.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 11:03   Link #2159
klare

Spoiler for eps 18:
Old 2011-02-07, 11:38   Link #2160
citrinitas668
aka Good Haro
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Another underwhelming thing about the show for me was the lack of skilled staffers working on it.
I'm sure most of the people working on the show would take great offense to being described as "unskilled" and "inexperienced." Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Most of these people have been working together since the 90s! The vast majority of the main-billed staff worked together on Sailor Moon at some point. There are only a handful of truly green staff members and they're used sparingly. Even some of the "newer" staff are highly skilled––just look at Iwasaki Tarou, he hasn't been in the industry since the 90s like many of the others, but his episodes have been stunning (8 and 12 so far, he directed and storyboarded both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
the director and the writer is Yoshiyuki Asai
Oh wait, you really don't have any idea what you're talking about. Asai didn't write shit, Enokido has personally written every episode so far.

Stop talking out of your ass and at least bother to get your facts straight before you shit all over something.
citrinitas668 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen