AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 09:53   Link #641
Fandal

Anyone here speculate on the ending? (Ending of episode with the ending song, not series)
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 10:05   Link #642
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Anyone here speculate on the ending? (Ending of episode with the ending song, not series)
Like this?
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 10:11   Link #643
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I was thinking more of the imagery. It looks like Madoka was walking through a field of lost souls. The souls there look aimless and lost while Madoka had a destination to go to.
Old 2011-02-18, 10:15   Link #644
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
I was thinking more of the imagery. It looks like Madoka was walking through a field of lost souls. The souls there look aimless and lost while Madoka had a destination to go to.
Ah.

For some reason most people seem to think the "hints" there are misleading or red herrings, if I remember correctly.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 11:07   Link #645
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Since this is the speculation thread, here's my wholly unscientific 2 cents:

Spoiler for Speculation:
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 11:23   Link #646
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
Since this is the speculation thread, here's my wholly unscientific 2 cents:

Spoiler for Speculation:
Ingrates... about what?

They don't know any such things.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 13:38   Link #647
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Only her destination is the eye of Mephisto. You also see how Homura tries to stop her. So, if the ED isn't lying, it means that if Madoka doesn't hear Homura's warnings and make a contract with Kyubey, she'll end up dancing on the palm of the Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
She did live longer as a result of her wish. Sure, she had to battle witches afterward and eventually got killed, but she wasn't exactly screwed over.
No, she lived longer as a result of being a magical girl, but her wish was a waste because she wouldn't have needed any help after making the contract anyway. In other words, Kyubey got her for free.
Old 2011-02-18, 13:48   Link #648
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, she lived longer as a result of being a magical girl, but her wish was a waste because she wouldn't have needed any help after making the contract anyway. In other words, Kyubey got her for free.
If her wish was to live, then she got her wish. Mami herself says she was grateful for it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 13:54   Link #649
SagaraSouske

Wild speculation here:

Somehow Sayaka will be able to entrust her soul gem to Madoka even when she turn into witch/die etc. Madoka then is able to become MG by herself using Sayaka's soul gem with information unintentionally blurt out by Homura, possibly how Homura became MG herself and not through contracting with QB.
Old 2011-02-18, 14:00   Link #650
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
If her wish was to live, then she got her wish. Mami herself says she was grateful for it.
Her wish was "help", as stated in the manga.
Old 2011-02-18, 14:21   Link #651
Knightrunner

Quote:
The Kyubey sure played her good. He could have asked anytime, but instead only ask at her dieing moment. She would have lived if she made the contract anyways so if she would have wished for her family's safety then she would get more from the wish. lol Then again she doesn't even have time to ask about the rules. Almost like signing a blank contract or even a proxy consent.

Quote:
I would be greatful to have my life extended Nobody can argue with this statement
Old 2011-02-18, 14:26   Link #652
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I would be greatful to have my life extended Nobody can argue with this statement
Tell that to people who cannot move and suffer like madness who are eventually forced to live more months through shitty medicines than what the person actually desires. So yes, it's arguable and shouldn't be generalized imo. Always look at the context. But in Mami's case, it's understandable. Still, she herself stated that she should have died at that time (or did I remember wrong?) and it was primarily a spontaneous reflex reaction.
Old 2011-02-18, 14:40   Link #653
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Tell that to people who cannot move and suffer like madness who are eventually forced to live more months through shitty medicines than what the person actually desires. So yes, it's arguable and shouldn't be generalized imo. Always look at the context. But in Mami's case, it's understandable. Still, she herself stated that she should have died at that time (or did I remember wrong?) and it was primarily a spontaneous reflex reaction.
Yeah agreed. People just need to visit a hospice or similar. It will open people's eyes but no one will do it until they are forced because its always better to remain ignorant so you can say "i didn't know" to yourself.

Mami is the only case i don't feel is moronic. She was caught in an emergency situation and had no time to consider. Kyoko and even much more so, Sayaka were truly stupid in the way they made their wishes. Kyoko could be excused more simply because she had no awareness -> aka naive. Sayaka had plenty of awareness as she showed in ep 3 05:40 to 06:00
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:44   Link #654
Fandal

You know what this series needs? A Kamijou Touma. Yes, that Touma from Toaru Majutsu no Index. Some good old fashion preaching would be nice too. Nobody here seems to be thinking straight.

Index/Railgun Spoiler:
Spoiler:

At the rate this plot is going, all these characters are going to end up off a cliff soon choosing the absolute worst option. At the very least, how about a Tuxedo Mask?

Last edited by Fandal; 2011-02-18 at 15:16.
Old 2011-02-18, 15:01   Link #655
Seihai
スマイリウム

Is that supposed to be a comparison? If it had Touma straightness or biribiri overpoweredness that would destroy the whole tragedy. This is like the other coin side of said straightness which is driven into fatality if you look at Sayaka who is fairly hero~ish anyway. In other words, it's more realistic.
Old 2011-02-18, 15:08   Link #656
Fandal

Quote:
Is that supposed to be a comparison? If it had Touma straightness or biribiri overpoweredness that would destroy the whole tragedy. This is like the other coin side of said straightness which is driven into fatality if you look at Sayaka who is fairly hero~ish anyway. In other words, it's more realistic.
That's what I'm thinking!

Though in all fairness to the series, I think Kyuube does choose certain personality types on purpose. People who are weaker minded and are easily influenced. It makes it's job much easier!
Old 2011-02-18, 15:33   Link #657
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Though in all fairness to the series, I think Kyuube does choose certain personality types on purpose. People who are weaker minded and are easily influenced. It makes it's job much easier!
You think so? Do you really see him choose certain personalities? If so, what kinda? I'd like to think the personalities he has thus far contracted and still plans on contracting with (5 of them) are very much different. As far as I understand it, everyone who can potentially see him (for instance, Hitomi cannot and thus is not qualified) has a chance at it.
Old 2011-02-18, 15:43   Link #658
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Her wish was "help", as stated in the manga.
Are we assuming the manga is applicable to this universe, and not an AU? Given that there are a few differences, it is likely an AU. I've been in a few fandoms where the anime or manga starts out similar, but diverges down the road.

At any rate, she got help and thus was able to live.

Speculative side point, but Mami's power seems to be those binds. She might have been trapped in that car wreck, and so the wish for help translated into the magic binds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
The Kyubey sure played her good. He could have asked anytime, but instead only ask at her dieing moment.
To be fair, we don't know this. It is possible he was tracking someone with potential, but only found her at that moment. We haven't seen anyone else that he approached for the first time when they were in a life or death situation, like a vulture waiting for prey to die, so it is unlikely to be his MO.

Quote:
Tell that to people who cannot move and suffer like madness who are eventually forced to live more months through shitty medicines than what the person actually desires.
And yet, such people can make the choice to die if they want. Your point would be relevant, if Mami wanted to die. She didn't, and was grateful that she could live.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 15:49   Link #659
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Are we assuming the manga is applicable to this universe, and not an AU? Given that there are a few differences, it is likely an AU. I've been in a few fandoms where the anime or manga starts out similar, but diverges down the road.
Not assuming. Gen said the script for the anime and the manga are the same. Only minor details, like visuals and such, were altered.
Old 2011-02-18, 16:09   Link #660
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
And yet, such people can make the choice to die if they want. Your point would be relevant, if Mami wanted to die. She didn't, and was grateful that she could live.
No, not all can. Take people in a coma who may never wake up again. Or if you want to add the suffer aspect, people that technically live but are not able to, you know, get things across / communicate. And I know it's irrelevant but so was the generalization that supposely is not arguable. I just wanted to clear that up as I wasn't satisfied with such a statement. I also agree that she was grateful. What I think is disputable is the initial start of her second chance at life though. It was just a bit too situational for my taste.

Tags
madoka magica