AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 18:19   Link #1181
79wolf

Just watched ep 8...

So thats what we get instead of chapter 24 from the manga? Interesting, but I don't think I liked it, although it was the first time I've laughed at this series (prob wtf more that funny). It just seemed too out of character for everyone... perfect for a filler episode!

At least they didn't go to a hot springs resort... oh wait there are 4 episodes left
79wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:22   Link #1182
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

From this point on, they could just show more and more fan-services with the third years trying to pull off a challenge against Satella, or they could go right into an Anime Original ending set where a Nova shows up and things start getting serious. But that's just from my perspective of course they could also leave us with a cliffhanger (although I don't know about that)
Old 2011-02-26, 19:58   Link #1183
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79wolf View Post
perfect for a filler episode!
I'd be happy to help fill 'er... wait.. who exactly did you mean?... better question does it really matter?..
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 20:09   Link #1184
hoarfrost

If no one minds, I'll just pretend this episode doesn't exist. Like the fourth floor of a Chinese highrise.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 20:13   Link #1185
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
If no one minds, I'll just pretend this episode doesn't exist. Like the fourth floor of a Chinese highrise.
But but but... I thought we all watch this for the plot! (If you're bothered that much, yeah you can probably skip it, heh)
Old 2011-02-26, 20:17   Link #1186
D-Gold
Aurum

seems like this would have been better as an ova episode. Can't wait for all of the action in the next arc^-^

wait so what you are telling me that is Rana was dressed like that and not s single guy offered to dance with her. really show?

I can understand if she rejected them because she only wanted to dance with Kuzuya (male wise).
Old 2011-02-26, 20:27   Link #1187
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
I can understand if she rejected them because she only wanted to dance with Kuzuya (male wise).
Either this or she wanted to accompany Hiiragi who didn't find a match for her. In the "I don't leave friends alone" sense.
Old 2011-02-26, 21:00   Link #1188
Dralha

Ep 8 was a great breather from the usual...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-26, 21:04   Link #1189
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Why does Elizabeth always swim naked? Not particularly a fan of swimsuits maybe? Rana vs. Satellizer for Kazuya's affection. I got to hand to Rana's determination of not handing over Kazuya without a fight. This girl knows how to make Satellizer think about her relationship with Kazuya
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 21:19   Link #1190
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Why does Elizabeth always swim naked? Not particularly a fan of swimsuits maybe? Rana vs. Satellizer for Kazuya's affection. I got to hand to Rana's determination of not handing over Kazuya without a fight. This girl knows how to make Satellizer think about her relationship with Kazuya
But at the same time military wise, Rana's no use to them until she chooses an unattached Limiter and give up on Kazuya. She transferred from another center without finding a Limiter. She needs to face the reality of her situation.
Old 2011-02-26, 21:55   Link #1191
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
But but but... I thought we all watch this for the plot!
I actually watch this just to get acquainted with the characters in order to fully enjoy the specials. 2011/03/23 will be a good day.
but I'm repeating myself...

about ep8: it was... ok. at least the fanservice here was justified and better than in the previous episodes. as I always say, "boobs and blood don't go together".
get rid of the blood and you'll have better fanservice -- get rid of fanservice and you'll have better blood/gore. (just like Index 2 recent episodes)

I guess, a good way to summarize this episode could be: 'Freezing meets Rio'.

at the end of the day, an episode worth of some good laughs. --> Attia...
Old 2011-02-26, 22:17   Link #1192
RiderLeangle

Quote:
[font=century gothic]Why does Elizabeth always swim naked?/font]
Better question.. Does it matter if we enjoy the view?

Quote:
Rana vs. Satellizer for Kazuya's affection.
If I was him there'd be an easy solution... Doesn't he know how a three-way works
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:18   Link #1193
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But at the same time military wise, Rana's no use to them until she chooses an unattached Limiter and give up on Kazuya. She transferred from another center without finding a Limiter. She needs to face the reality of her situation.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it isn't necessary for a Pandora to have a Limiter, otherwise they would have forced Satellizer to have one ages ago.

Pandora don't require Limiters to use their power, the opposite is not true however.

So basically boys HAVE to have partners, while the girl's don't. Kazyua is an exception, as they have made abundantly clear.

Pandora's also fight in teams, so it isn't necessary for them all to have Limiters.
Old 2011-02-26, 22:45   Link #1194
DummyInc

Kana Ueda's voice made me feel so high
Old 2011-02-27, 00:25   Link #1195
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for ep8:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 01:10   Link #1196
79wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
If no one minds, I'll just pretend this episode doesn't exist.
And I'm pretty sure the last 4 episodes will do just that...

Kazuya back to being useless
Everyone back to being against Satellizer
Satellizer can stay moebut will prob fight instead (hmm... fighting while moe?)

Oh, and lets not forget that at the rate they are going it wont matter anyway, they'll crush the Cassie arc in 2 episodes and Louis arc in 2 episodes and be caught up with the manga (almost)
79wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 01:26   Link #1197
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure it isn't necessary for a Pandora to have a Limiter, otherwise they would have forced Satellizer to have one ages ago.

Pandora don't require Limiters to use their power, the opposite is not true however.

So basically boys HAVE to have partners, while the girl's don't. Kazyua is an exception, as they have made abundantly clear.

Pandora's also fight in teams, so it isn't necessary for them all to have Limiters.
Kazuya is a one in a billion shot, a once in a generation kinda deal. I'd expect that as more Limiters and Pandoras produce children that'll change. Here's the rub, though.

Limiters don't really serve any military function, truely they're almost unnecessary. A Pandora can bypass a Nova's freezing by switching into pandora mode. A Limiter provides a Pandora with the "Einbar Set", which simply serves to enhance a Pandora's senses. It's like slapping a scope on a submachine gun and calling it a big improvement (which it really isn't).

Which is why in one of the early episodes, we see concern only for saving the lives of the Pandoras after a Nova fight. A Limiter is simply just an add-on.
Old 2011-02-27, 01:41   Link #1198
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
Better question.. Does it matter if we enjoy the view?
Oh I do enjoy the view .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
If I was him there'd be an easy solution... Doesn't he know how a three-way works
Nope, I don't think so. For someone who's dead center on one girl he doesn't see any other woman other than Satellizer. Charmed? Maybe but yeah.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 02:25   Link #1199
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Nope, I don't think so. For someone who's dead center on one girl he doesn't see any other woman other than Satellizer. Charmed? Maybe but yeah.
Just like Cyz said, he has been "charmed" by Satella since she apparently reminds him of his long-lost sister from a certain view, and ever since then has been fixated on her and no other girl. So any chance of his seeing other woman is long gone..
Old 2011-02-27, 04:17   Link #1200
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post

But the Pandora team is the Pandora and Limiter. It is necessary for battle to have both. It'll be shown at the next battle hopefully.

Satellizer herself is also a rarity. That's why she hasn't been forced yet and also the fact that she's not an actual combat student.

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen