Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-02-28, 09:45   Link #761
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykaboom View Post
I have a built in anime subbing software installed in my noggin, seriously.

I just watch RAW and I just use my shitty Japanese to sub it and imagine it superimposed on my retinas. Voila! SUBBED.

Does it matter, really? Cry all you want Boohoo When it's out, it's out. On topic:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Okay, your post might be old to you but, Subs are finally out by GG couple of hours ago.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-28 at 21:56.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 12:13   Link #762
RedWing

Sigyn is a horrible wife; as long as she is still married all her philandering and wishful thinking is horribly wrong.

Girghe was awesome as expected and the animation was top-notch (still an unnescerray amount of pokemon style backgrounds, still scenes and fanservice though)
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 12:56   Link #763
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykaboom View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:
The Police would like to have a word with you.

Just a question so this is following the manga so Episode 6 would be the finale and follow exactly how the manga would end?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 18:41   Link #764
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The Police would like to have a word with you.

Just a question so this is following the manga so Episode 6 would be the finale and follow exactly how the manga would end?
The manga is still ongoing, so there may be a very high chance that we will be getting an anime original ending.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 21:56   Link #765
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for NSFW. Dat Nike's ASS:

Spoiler for I'm 25. Remember it. - Nike:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 00:04   Link #766
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
The manga is still ongoing, so there may be a very high chance that we will be getting an anime original ending.
But the manga itself is almost ending isn't it?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 00:43   Link #767
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Nope, I don't think it'll end soon.
Old 2011-03-01, 01:06   Link #768
NoLongerSane

Quote:
From the looks of it, I would think no. There is still plenty of story going on in the manga that has yet to be resolve.
Old 2011-03-01, 01:12   Link #769
faythz
I.G

did anyone know title of insert song in this Movie?
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 02:28   Link #770
dark998

Insert song is ヲモイ (Feeling) by KOKIA.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 05:07   Link #771
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Girghe is just too awesome and a lil too crazy.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:24   Link #772
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Girghe is such a beast, i mean knew he was going to be powerful, though not that much. Last five minutes were so intense, and then that preview for the fifth movie! I can't even begin to explain how tempted i am to read the manga.

Sigyn flashback was so hhhnngggghhh, followed up by her morning scene with Rygart. :3
Old 2011-03-01, 11:40   Link #773
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Sigyn is a horrible wife; as long as she is still married all her philandering and wishful thinking is horribly wrong.

Girghe was awesome as expected and the animation was top-notch (still an unnescerray amount of pokemon style backgrounds, still scenes and fanservice though)
Usually I would agree with you and I guess I'm being a hypocrite in saying I can't really fault her actions. Not that she's throwing herself at him and these actions could be just how they were when they were in school...

Even though it hasn't been stated that is was a political marriage, one can assume it was. Also that they probably have an agreement as far how they'll handle the marriage, i.e separate rooms and such. Hodr isn't a simpleton and has to have known Sigyn was/is in love with Rygart. Rygart well it's tough tell since he hides his feelings pretty well...

Can't really point fingers at fault. Rygart I'm assuming thought she was better off with someone else and Sigyn as we seen didn't speak up. Really sad all around and one in which I don't is going to have a happy ending in that area. Pessimistic much, eh probably...

I will agree with your assumptions on the backgrounds, but the animation made up for it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 15:05   Link #774
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Movie 4 full of WIN

I cant even begin to express in words how fantastic movie 4 was but i will attempt to. It had everything the music was dead on, dialog was perfect and the action was mind blowing. Its nice to get away from the spam missile/beam rifle of most mech series. I find this kind of combat more enjoyable. Not just because it feels more gritty but because we were able to see real tactics something that is really not used in the mech genre.

In this one movie alone were saw in action The Pincer, Blitzkrieg, Positioning (General Baldrs troops on the high ground) Flanking maneuvers (Rygart ) Ambushes (General True ambushed Battalion and Girghe lone wolf move) and Special Forces Unit (Rygart,Navi,Girghe,Loggin and Nile) Look at how much damage Zess's small Elite squad inflicted. We also saw General Borcuse use Psychological warfare to crush Eruza (very bloody scene i felt bad for her) plus her support then to have Nike take the broken and mangled bits of her suit and hold it up like trophy therefore instilling fear. However, Baldrs rallying woke his men up only to get bogged down by superior numbers and tactics anger can be a useful tool to force you enemy to make mistakes. I still wonder why Baldr not knowing what Borcuse had up his sleeve did not hold position on the high ground, once you have good ground you force the enemy to attack you up hill and when you have the upper hand charge down hill to clean up. However, Borcuse had another advantage he knew his enemy well and trained his men not to be afraid of text book maneuvers and it paid off. However, they did not anticipate Rygarts entrance into the battle which devastated and annihilated Athens right flank. Rygarts unknown suit, high mobility and destruction of so many units at one time by one unit was not calculated allowing Baldrs unit to regroup forcing the Athens army to retreat. What a great battle i couldn't take my eyes away from the screen.

Borcuse used a maneuver i knew i had either seen or read about before but did quite place it till later. When Baldr had Eurza and 20 support units attack Borcuse the enemy units split like a wave in rows several units deep. Allowing their opponent to attack their commander. Alexander The Great used this same tactic when he faced the Persian Empire who outnumbered him with Chariots. He allowed them to pass through his lines and let the rear guard take out the chariots with spears and Archers. Borcuse was the spear and when the rest of the Krisnian units charged the rows of Athens became the archers firing right into their ranks even though the Krisnian's did have a formation to somewhat counter it.

If i had to be critical of one thing about the Krisna military i would have to say they need to bump up not only their intelligence but their recon skills as well. General Borcuse was able to cross the Border and get so deep into into Krisna that General True's unit was ambushed before they even got to where they were suppose to be. To me this lack of foresight that Athens could possibly move and infiltrate the country faster (given what they already faced with Zess) than anticipated lead to Generals True's death at the hand of Nike and when Narvi finds out shes going to go berserk.

Now to the most bad ass of them all Girghe. I knew that there was noway this guy was afraid of battle. Look who his father is ill admit he probably does have some type of psychological problem but that worked to his advantage. He was able to read Borcuse's retreat trajectory and not only get ahead of him but pick a narrow canyon where the enemy could not fully deploy and he could use the cannon walls, high ground, mobility and his dead aim to pick units off one by one at high speed. Nike was lucky because with one more deadshot to the cockpit Girghe would have killed her he had already stripped away her armor and was holding her from behind a pointblank shot would have finished her. She was on;y saved because Borcuse shot out her legs and he couldn't use her as shield anymore losing his advantage after avoiding that vicious scorpion Tail (i had to pause to see what the hell it was under the cape) he moved to a better location to face Borcuse. General Borcuse is a monster Rygart couldn't touch him as his now hes too slow and inexperienced.

Thoroughly enjoyed the flashback seen with Sigyn. I mean we all knew it but it was nice to get real confirmation of her feelings and those feeling still have no faded. It amazing if she had been a little louder back then things might have been different. But she was able to tell him in the present in her own roundabout way. He doesn't understand not one bit but at least she got some of it out. Coming back alive is the greatest gift Rygart could give her. It was actually kind of cute lol her serious face saying "im upset" and Rygart scratching his head like WTF are you talking about. Also, earlier scene with Sigyn and Narvi pulling their guns on Rygarts ballz was damn funny. If you know whats good for you Rygart keep them in your pants bud lol.

Its going to be a long wait for the next movie. Lets see if Hodr gets military support from Orlando and what reactions their are to General True's death not to mention more Rygart and Sigyn screen time.

Spoiler for a little treat:

Last edited by Sinestra; 2011-03-01 at 16:23.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 20:44   Link #775
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

First off... Sigyn is HNNGGHH and so, so hot. I do find it funny how her pajamas have more clothing than her lounge wear. But all of those scenes with Cleo were... even sleeping in the same bed... dayamn.

Next, I really hate when the good guys just rush in to die. It's so obvious that it's a trap or something and yet, they still go. I couldn't believe how overpowered Athen's forces were. It makes me wonder why they even run out to the desert to fight. But what's great is how even the strongest machine can't stand against a skilled pilot.

The voice acting was great. They casted really well.

Rygart's arrival was really great. That was some great armor this time. He was pretty smart this time around.

Oh, and Sigyn is... mmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for a little treat:
Yes... that is one delicious treat.
Old 2011-03-01, 21:12   Link #776
NoLongerSane

A quick question, but have the picture drama's from both movie 3 and 4 made an appearance yet? I am curious to see how the 4th picture drama went since it deals with Narvi's squad. The third one I think deals with Narvi and Hodr.
Old 2011-03-02, 05:15   Link #777
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
A quick question, but have the picture drama's from both movie 3 and 4 made an appearance yet? I am curious to see how the 4th picture drama went since it deals with Narvi's squad. The third one I think deals with Narvi and Hodr.
Not yet, though it's only a matter of time really before they do.
Old 2011-03-02, 11:32   Link #778
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFenix View Post
@faythz, I think he's just dense. Anyway, Rygart is the type of guy that won't do anything anyway because she is technically with Holtz. He wouldn't "betray" his friend
The marriage is a sham. I hope they get together - the way it should be!

Seems like Hodr wouldn't mind.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 11:36   Link #779
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
The marriage is a sham. I hope they get together - the way it should be!

Seems like Hodr wouldn't mind.
yeah i smell something fishy like an arranged marriage or Hodr married her so no one else could hoping Rygart would wake up one day. Its clear to everyone that they are no more husband and wife than i am the king of Arabia.
Old 2011-03-02, 11:37   Link #780
TrueKnight

Kinda late but yeah agree with most this episode is awesome. Animations and bgms are top notch. They captured Girghe and Borcuse's character very well imo and the epic battles are definitely a treat. The flashback of Rygart and Sygn back in the academy on the anime are definitely better than it was portrayed in the manga. Girghe as expected is a complete badass and really enjoying the fight with Rygart and Borcuse's squad.

But at the down side, it seems like they rushed things a little bit. Some of the character developments and funny moments from the manga were axed. Seems like episode 5 is gonna deviate from the manga.....But nevertheless, a very faithful adaptation of the manga and so far enjoyable.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen