AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 18:00   Link #29681
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Six? When did that happen?
Yuuno's just that good. But since it's Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Shana, Lilia, and Diana all sharing him, I think we'll be pitying him more than anything.
Old 2011-03-06, 18:15   Link #29682
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Yuuno: ... Don't I get a say in this?
Girls: No.

I don't think Yuuno is the type to go "Six girls at once? SCORE!" (Vice might be the only male character who'd say that ). He'd probably want to settle down with only one of them, but I think he's also the type that wouldn't want to hurt the other 5.

Anyways, regarding my own Materials fic, I've been considering change Material-L's name. I used Rai because of her title, but I was never happy with it. It's a guy's name, so I have everyone call her 'Rai-chan' cuz it sounds a little more feminine. I suppose one option would be to stick ko at the end of it for Raiko. However, she has an official name now in the new PSP game and I actually rather like the name Levi. So what do you guys think? Which name should I go with?
Old 2011-03-06, 18:19   Link #29683
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Whichever you want as long as you write =V /joke.

Eeh Levi is used as a male name too (one male character in Katekyo Hitman Reborn is named like that) so it's the same, i believe.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 18:19   Link #29684
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Kaijo says Chapter 34 of Future Tense is up.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 18:24   Link #29685
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:

I don't think Yuuno is the type to go "Six girls at once? SCORE!" (Vice might be the only male character who'd say that ). He'd probably want to settle down with only one of them, but I think he's also the type that wouldn't want to hurt the other 5.

Anyways, regarding my own Materials fic, I've been considering change Material-L's name. I used Rai because of her title, but I was never happy with it. It's a guy's name, so I have everyone call her 'Rai-chan' cuz it sounds a little more feminine. I suppose one option would be to stick ko at the end of it for Raiko. However, she has an official name now in the new PSP game and I actually rather like the name Levi. So what do you guys think? Which name should I go with?
I also like the name Levi, I think they did well naming the Materials at last. Although I still can't pronounce Material-D's name and I still like the sound of Seikou.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 18:36   Link #29686
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Eeh Levi is used as a male name too (one male character in Katekyo Hitman Reborn is named like that) so it's the same, i believe.
Well, Levi has bonus SRW points too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I also like the name Levi, I think they did well naming the Materials at last. Although I still can't pronounce Material-D's name and I still like the sound of Seikou.
Eh, Seikou being 'Stern' has the same problem as using 'Rai' does. I wouldn't change Seikou or Yami's names, though if I went with Levi it would ruin the consistency in that regard, which is why I haven't just gone in changed it. I guess Raiko would be a safe middle ground.

Material-L: I don't wanna be Rai! It's a guy's name!

Nanoha: Well, in Japan lots of girl names end in 'ko' so you could be Raiko!

Or something.
Old 2011-03-06, 20:44   Link #29687
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Would actually be pretty interesting to see a harem-based story focusing on Yuuno, considering that his personality is the exact opposite of your general harem hero. Or quite possibly the perfect match, since many harem heroes don't want to hurt the other girls.
Old 2011-03-06, 20:55   Link #29688
Aaron008R

Yuuno's a typical nice guy character befitting a harem hero role, if a bit on the bookish side. (Did I say a bit? Oh, hello Infinity Library.)

The big question now is that whether or not he will be as dense as a black hole like some male leads.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:02   Link #29689
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Yuuno's a typical nice guy character befitting a harem hero role, if a bit on the bookish side. (Did I say a bit? Oh, hello Infinity Library.)

The big question now is that whether or not he will be as dense as a black hole like some male leads.
I doubt it, he's got to have read something other than academic and archeological texts. Any romance story would see him Genre Savvy enough in no time.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:12   Link #29690
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well, sometimes it's denseness but sometimes with a more humble hero, it's because he thinks of alternate interpretations. I think Yuuno would be more the latter. Say, if Nanoha ran up and hugged him he could think "Is she in love with me? No, that can't be it. She's just being friendly." Or something like "Fate made this boxed lunch for me... Did she do it because she likes me? No, she's just a nice person in general."

Alternatively, "Vita's blushing... is she...? No, she just smashed me into a wall. That can't be it."
Old 2011-03-06, 21:16   Link #29691
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I doubt it, he's got to have read something other than academic and archeological texts. Any romance story would see him Genre Savvy enough in no time.
Read too much romance stories and you'll end up being Wrong Genre Savvy. >.>
Though that would be a hilarious thought. Yuuno imagines himself all too frequently in a romantic situation even it it's a perfectly casual one. XD

Quote:
Well, sometimes it's denseness but sometimes with a more humble hero, it's because he thinks of alternate interpretations. I think Yuuno would be more the latter. Say, if Nanoha ran up and hugged him he could think "Is she in love with me? No, that can't be it. She's just being friendly."
Yup. That sounds like Yuuno, alright.
Though wouldn't girls actively going for him consider that as density as well?

OC Profiles
Old 2011-03-06, 21:30   Link #29692
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Yup. That sounds like Yuuno, alright.
Though wouldn't girls actively going for him consider that as density as well?
Well, I suppose they might think it's that

For those following Three's Company, you might think that Yuuno's being dense in that fic

Spoiler for Three's Company:
Old 2011-03-06, 21:33   Link #29693
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The problem with Yuuno being the protagonist of a harem is that unlike most harem leads, he has to worry about a number of girls with the ability to vaporize cities and battleships with dirty looks all vying for his attention...
Old 2011-03-06, 21:39   Link #29694
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The problem with Yuuno being the protagonist of a harem is that unlike most harem leads, he has to worry about a number of girls with the ability to vaporize cities and battleships with dirty looks all vying for his attention...
What harem shows have you been watching?

JK.

There are plenty super powered harems like though. Hell, 99% of harem protagonists have to deal with getting their asses kicked on a regular basis when they mess up anyways.

Though in that sense, a Yuuno harem would be a convention defying thing since none of those girls would react violently (well, maybe if Alisa and Vita were in there). If Yuuno ever fell into Nanoha's chest or walk in on Fate changing, it would just go "Sorry!" "It's okay, don't worry about it."
Old 2011-03-06, 21:39   Link #29695
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
There's always option 7 or option 0 or alternately.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:43   Link #29696
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
And people wonder why Tenchi married all of his suitors...

Spoiler for Hint:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:47   Link #29697
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Are u still updating that Materials fic? just curious.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:08   Link #29698
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I intend to... someday It's definitely not dropped though to some I'm sure it might as well be.

Most people have given up on me updating any time soon, and I definitely can't blame them for that
Old 2011-03-06, 22:14   Link #29699
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
I am always in favor of calling characters by their actual names. It's not the same thing, of course (since there was an entire game without them getting normal names, giving rise to much ficcage in the interim) but imagine a post-A's fic where Fate kept calling herself "Fate Testarossa" instead of adding the "Harlaown" just because the author thought "Testarossa" was a cooler name.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 22:21   Link #29700
Aaron008R

Quote:
Well, I suppose they might think it's that

For those following Three's Company, you might think that Yuuno's being dense in that fic

Spoiler for Three's Company:
Damn you, 00-Raiser. My reply in the thread was delayed while I searched the web for your fic to read it first! COUNT UP YOUR SINS!!!

*cough*

Just kidding.
You're spoiler post piqued my interest so I had to read it first. And yup, I'm not disappointed with the decision. >:3

Anyways, it's natural that I should comment first.
Spoiler for Comments on Three's Company:

But yeah, the poor guy needs to give himself a break.
A small 'accident' should be all it takes to break the ice and loosen the tongues of those two.

Quote:
Well, it could be handled with more ease than a normal human would since Yuuno's a pretty competent mage himself. Having him in a harem-lead position would naturally net him some plot armor, main character upgrades and whatnot. Keeping his harem in line shouldn't be that difficult as well considering his specialties in bind spells-*remember's Nanya's Blood that Flows' version of Yuuno*

Err... I'll shut up now.

OC Profiles

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha