AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-22, 11:53   Link #1
sadisticlust

Question Anime with supernatural adult themes (Please give me suggestions)

Hello everyone I am looking for some anime with themes such as fantasy, supernatural, magic, tragedy, psychological. If possible can it also include some mature content such as profanity, blood, gore etc... Thank you I appreciate it.
Old 2011-03-22, 12:10   Link #2
JRendell
Manga Addict

Elfen Lied
Chaos Head
Gantz
Kara no Kyoukai
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

They should last you a while.
Old 2011-03-22, 12:47   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai. It's a series of seven films, each about murders that are taking place through supernatural means. The protagonist is Ryougi Shiki, a girl that has been raised in a family of demon hunters and has the ability to see the death of everything through her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. She also has an almost insatable urge to kill. It also has some amazing art and animation.
Old 2011-03-22, 13:27   Link #4
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
I second the Kara no Kyoukai recommendation and would also add Puella Magi Madoka Magica from this season - It's a deconstruction of the traditional magical girl genre. Hasn't finished airing yet though. Claymore is another option, as a relatively standard shounen, but is pretty dark and depressing for one.

And of course, Neon Genesis Evangelion, if you haven't already seen it.
Old 2011-03-22, 14:16   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll toss out my usual recommendations of Bakeneko and its successor Mononoke. You won't find much in the way of gore or bad language, though. What you will find are remarkably animated mature stories about human malevolence creating demons. Sakurai Takahiro's work in the lead role is definitely one of my all-time favorite male performances.

You might also take a look at Mouryou no Hako, another mature though again relatively bloodless, story. Not much action, though.

Claymore crossed my mind as well.

In the psychological department, you might like the stories in the collection called Aoi Bungaku. I'd also suggest Welcome to the NHK!, but that might be too reality-based to meet your request.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:18   Link #6
sadisticlust

Thank you everyone I will look into these.
Old 2011-03-23, 00:19   Link #7
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

If you're willing to go a bit further to the fringe, you could try Kurozuka.

Quote:
Kuro, a 12th-century aristocrat, loses a battle against his brother and flees into the mountains, where he meets a strange, beautiful woman called Kuromitsu. Kuro falls in love with Kuromitsu but realises later that she conceals a dark secret...

Then, there's also the relatively unknown four-part OAV, Hitsuji no Uta (Lament of the Lamb),
featuring the sensual voice of the now-retired Megumi Hayashibara (Faye Valentine).

Quote:
Kazuna's family suffers from a disease that creates an uncontrollable vampire-like thirst for blood. Knowing none of this, Kazuna was sent to live with the Eda couple as a child. As symptoms of the sickness began to show itself in Kazuna, he comes into contact with his older sister, Chizuna, who has been suffering from it since early childhood. Knowing that the disease inflicts a heavy sense of guilt on its victims, Chizuna tries to ease her brother's burden, and to help him control his urges, but...
Old 2011-03-23, 18:02   Link #8
sadisticlust

wow those both look really good. Thank you TinyRedLeaf
Old 2011-03-24, 23:13   Link #9
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Berserk
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=328

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread