AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-25, 00:52   Link #41
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
well, it's Ichika we're talkin' about... his ability to screw up things is quite unique.
Well said,Captain Dahak!!!
Old 2011-03-25, 00:59   Link #42
mysterious

This episode, it is so bad that it hurts... just jurts. Can that retard stay in comma forever? one can wish right?! Damn, even though I have not expect much in term of plot and what not, but never think it could get this worse... Now, excuse me for I have to heal my brains with the goodness of "Char".
Old 2011-03-25, 01:37   Link #43
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
Oh yeah, what ever happened to
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Spoiler for present:
Old 2011-03-25, 01:40   Link #44
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Spoiler for present:
Spoiler for Episode 9:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-25, 01:42   Link #45
yakisobapan

Houki was HNNNG this episode, and that's pretty much all I expect and all I crave from this show. XD
Old 2011-03-25, 01:44   Link #46
msg

oh Ichika, you and your righteous political correctness.can't help feel sorry for those girls
Old 2011-03-25, 01:50   Link #47
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Spoiler for present:
Old 2011-03-25, 02:34   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, that was pathetic. Are we supposed to be impressed by Ichika's messianic figure? Whose fault was it that those fishermen were even shot at at all? Not only did he fail to kill that machine, he went and made a target of himself right in front of the civilians. Well done. And after that, he made Houki lose sight of the mission - the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do. (Not that he remembered the mission at that point...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, pretty much this. I mean, for us to even be able to sympathize with Houki in self-pity, we have to consider that she's in the wrong somehow, and I frankly can't see that.
But she did do something horribly wrong: she listened to Ichika and let him distract her. She should have used the moron as a human shield and charged at the enemy.

But yeah, she's blaming herself for the wrong reason. Just like she wanted to keep fighting for the wrong reason. Who cares if they're poachers? But fighting that Gospel was the best way to protect everyone. As opposed that to passively getting shot plan Ichika had them following.
Old 2011-03-25, 03:03   Link #49
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, that was pathetic. Are we supposed to be impressed by Ichika's messianic figure? Whose fault was it that those fishermen were even shot at at all? Not only did he fail to kill that machine, he went and made a target of himself right in front of the civilians. Well done. And after that, he made Houki lose sight of the mission - the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do. (Not that he remembered the mission at that point...)\
Actually, he made the right choice. Think about it. Say that he had decided to continue with the attack. Silverior Gospel would have blown Houki off it's back anyway, then attacked the boat and blown them up. They could have continued the mission, but those guys would be dead. Ichika's idea was to protect the boat until it got out of range, then continue the mission since it wasn't like the Gospel was aiming for them, it was just berserk. Only mistakes he made was being a little reckless and not telling Houki immediately, but I can let that slide.

Quote:
But she did do something horribly wrong: she listened to Ichika and let him distract her. She should have used the moron as a human shield and charged at the enemy.

But yeah, she's blaming herself for the wrong reason. Just like she wanted to keep fighting for the wrong reason. Who cares if they're poachers? But fighting that Gospel was the best way to protect everyone. As opposed that to passively getting shot plan Ichika had them following.
She wouldn't have gotten distracted if she didn't see a kernel of truth in his words.

Well, the LN did that scene better anyways...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-25, 03:14   Link #50
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

She wouldn't have gotten distracted if she didn't see a kernel of truth in his words.

Mind explaining? Posting a difference between source material and animated material is fine, I assume Ichika intercepted some actual shots and didn't just randomly decide to get between the ship and the Gospel.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-25, 03:40   Link #51
indr0008
Physicist

Btw, how come we have only so few people commenting here?
Old 2011-03-25, 04:29   Link #52
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Ichika's idea was to protect the boat until it got out of range, then continue the mission since it wasn't like the Gospel was aiming for them, it was just berserk. Only mistakes he made was being a little reckless and not telling Houki immediately, but I can let that slide.
I don't know - it would have been a fine idea if Ichika was actually capable of carrying it out. Instead he attempted a static defence that his suit was incredibly poorly equipped for, running himself out of shield energy in the process and thereby disabling his only weapon... leaving him completely useless even if the boat had managed to get clear.

All in all, this episode seemed like a spectacular display of incompetence all round - the teachers failing to enforce the exclusion zone, Ichika and Houki standing around arguing in the middle of a battle, and Ichika's brain and mouth continuing to write cheques that his suit and ability can't cash. The elder-sister duo wound up looking stupid as well, for sending Ichika and Houki into a mission they screwed up while the other four girls sat around doing nothing.
Quote:
I'd certainly hope so.
Old 2011-03-25, 04:33   Link #53
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Oh boy. Main character who has to be all super righteous. Bleh.

Best scene was seeing Houki in bikini. Winning!
Old 2011-03-25, 04:49   Link #54
angel_fallen
Arch Druid

sad houki's life, made ichika get sent to the damn infirmary
Old 2011-03-25, 05:03   Link #55
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

This was pretty cheesy. Best part was the fight which wasn't even that long.
Old 2011-03-25, 06:08   Link #56
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I don't think I can say anymore than what Kanon had earlier so...

Let me see it...

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-03-25 at 06:23.
Old 2011-03-25, 06:14   Link #57
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did i just saw a naked Newtype scene?, great now we got more Gundam references after Char's name considering Ichika's seiyuu is also a pilot of the Unicorn Gundam with the NT-D abilities
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-03-25, 06:49   Link #58
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

just an average episode but it was nice to see Houki's and Ichika's child hood back ground
Old 2011-03-25, 07:22   Link #59
Wakan Tanka

The main character is so pathetic...every time I expect him to beat an IS, he just ends up screwing up.
Old 2011-03-25, 08:05   Link #60
eiyuu99

Wouldn't attacking Gospel in opposite direction from the ship be more effective...?
Ichika might have stopped a few stray shots, but staying there only ends up drawing focus fire at the ship's direction.

Not to mention, Ichika's IS is more offense-oriented than average.
Closed Thread