AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-25, 22:12   Link #121
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Ichika: Crap, I missed.
Houki: We should retreat and reformulate our attack plan...
Ichika: NO! WE FIGHT!
Houki: What?
Ichika: DERRYYAA - wait, I see a boat!
Houki: This isn't the time, Ichika!
Ichika: Oh look, Houki... they're smuggling drugs. Isn't that nice?
Houki: Get out of the way, you idiot!
Ichika: No! I must involve the innocent by drawing the enemy fire upon them!
*Ichika explodes, boat explodes*
Houki: ...Stupid writers.

No, seriously. I actually liked this episode simply because it made no sense.

Last edited by Deconstructor; 2011-03-25 at 22:30. Reason: The boat explodes too.
Old 2011-03-25, 22:24   Link #122
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
*Ichika explodes*

Are you actually the scriptwriter? XD
Old 2011-03-25, 22:32   Link #123
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Are you actually the scriptwriter? XD
sounds like he's even better than the actual scriptwriter, whoever that is...
Old 2011-03-25, 23:46   Link #124
mysterious

I have been wishing that either Cecilia or Charlotte ends up with him, but after this episode, no girl deserves to have to bear his child period!
Old 2011-03-25, 23:59   Link #125
Asuras
Dictadere~!

This was garbage.

So, was there a real need for that intimate trans-universe conversing moment, just because Houki was focusing on the mission? Either way, this was the first time she actually discarded care for even villains. Then they had to make it like she'd been doing it for too long?

WHAT IS THIS? ALL MY CHILDREN? GARBAGE.

I don't even know what came after she started crying like a baby due to the horrid scriptwriting, but I can honestly assume it was nothing great.
Old 2011-03-26, 00:24   Link #126
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

... Been enjoying this series so far but after the battle couldn't take the rest of the episode seriously with the supposed 'drama' about Houki. She is not my favourite character but it just felt really jarring how everyone only jumped on her for the reasons they did while glossing over the role Ichika played just because he is the main character.

Also how Ichika is probably going to save the day even though there seems to be no development shown in his piloting skills but just happens to have the suit with the 'I win' button...

Know its the same formula for nearly every other show of this type but this episode felt so contrived and unnatural in its progression in order to set it up for the last battle. Miss the more easygoing school setting
Old 2011-03-26, 00:41   Link #127
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
It reminds me of Touma's moral speeches from Index - which was the main reason I dropped that show 1/2 way into the first season - and in the second season when I decided to give it another shot. Just hoping the last ep can make up for this.
As much as I hate Touma's moral speeches at the very least he isn't as dense and he's willing to walk the talk.

Ichika is just.......

Quote:
I have been wishing that either Cecilia or Charlotte ends up with him, but after this episode, no girl deserves to have to bear his child period!
Unfortunately they don't seem to mind.
Old 2011-03-26, 01:05   Link #128
kramerica

For me Touma is actually worse since the whole show literally stops everytime he does it. Not to mention he is seemingly an outsider that just happens to have a hax arm that counters almost everything. Oh, and I prefer dense to "such misfortune" when girls accidentally or purposely approach him, but that's just me.

Since the LN is an ongoing thing, I wasn't expecting a complete story per se, so I let some things pass. Still hoping for the finale to redeem this.

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2011-03-26, 03:17   Link #129
eiyuu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
*Ichika explodes, boat explodes*

Nice script, Deconstructor. XD
Is the name - Operation: Fail?

Ichika seriously messed it up in this episode.
Old 2011-03-26, 04:18   Link #130
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Gosh, I'm a bit surprised by the Ichika hate.

Lets move to one side if the ship was actually in danger and think about the 2 characters involved.

2 teenagers that are not mature and combat trained. I don't mean their IS exercises but real combat training and experience.

Ichika sees a boat and changes his priorities to try protect it. Isn't that a sign of a good human being?

Houki judges them and disregards their lives.... What is that a sign of?

I'm with Ichika on this one!
Old 2011-03-26, 05:20   Link #131
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Gosh, I'm a bit surprised by the Ichika hate.

Lets move to one side if the ship was actually in danger and think about the 2 characters involved.

2 teenagers that are not mature and combat trained. I don't mean their IS exercises but real combat training and experience.

Ichika sees a boat and changes his priorities to try protect it. Isn't that a sign of a good human being?

Houki judges them and disregards their lives.... What is that a sign of?

I'm with Ichika on this one!
I'm not denying protecting the ship was a worthy goal. I'm not denying that Houki was wrongheaded to neglect that. But:
- the best way to protect the ship was to do what Houki did and stay on target. What Ichika did endangered the ship. Not to mention Houki, himself, and the mission.
- what he did - leave Houki without warning - was highly irresponsible.
- the blame for things going pear-shaped should be his, not Houki's. She did what she was supposed to. He, OTOH, made several wrong calls and paid the price for it. It was pretty cheap at that - he could have been killed. Houki could have been killed. A town full of civilians could have been slaughtered. None of that happened because, as a protagonist, he's mostly shielded from the consequences of his stupidity, but the fact remains that it was all his fault (and that of whoever made an out of control drone...). Not Houki's.
Old 2011-03-26, 05:23   Link #132
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Terrible script writing. Though I find the young infant boy a lot better than what he is now.
Old 2011-03-26, 05:25   Link #133
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

... Ok methinks I no longer have the strength to even bother finishing this series, unless Charlotte does something awesome (which has been sorely missing these last few weeks).
Old 2011-03-26, 05:58   Link #134
TrueKnight

Sucky episode. Ever since the beach episode this series went downhill and everything's just incredibly rushed. A shame since this show had potential back then. Decent casts, each with unique personalities, very good interactions and character developments were the shows main highlights. Now its down to the drain....just sad. Give us more Ichi x Charlotte please..
Old 2011-03-26, 06:25   Link #135
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for Infinite Bashing:

So yeah, rubbish episode.
Old 2011-03-26, 06:31   Link #136
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

And here I thought the show was getting better until this. They better really pick it up after this episode or this show will just fall into the sands of time to be forgotten like many others before it.
Old 2011-03-26, 07:56   Link #137
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not denying protecting the ship was a worthy goal. I'm not denying that Houki was wrongheaded to neglect that. But:
- the best way to protect the ship was to do what Houki did and stay on target. What Ichika did endangered the ship. Not to mention Houki, himself, and the mission.
- what he did - leave Houki without warning - was highly irresponsible.
- the blame for things going pear-shaped should be his, not Houki's. She did what she was supposed to. He, OTOH, made several wrong calls and paid the price for it. It was pretty cheap at that - he could have been killed. Houki could have been killed. A town full of civilians could have been slaughtered. None of that happened because, as a protagonist, he's mostly shielded from the consequences of his stupidity, but the fact remains that it was all his fault (and that of whoever made an out of control drone...). Not Houki's.
Mission? When did they go through this military training?

How is he meant to know that is the best way to protect the ship? He doesn't get viewer vision.

Also his sister said to watch out for Houki, so that will be influencing his actions.

Btw I don't actually like the way the story is going, but i do think think people are being way too harsh.

I wouldn't even judge someone who just graduated from a military school this harshly, never mind a noob for sports based combat thing....
Old 2011-03-26, 08:11   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Mission? When did they go through this military training?
It was obviously, especially with hindsight, unwise to send untrained children to do an adult's job. But that doesn't change the fact Ichika and Houki were given a task, and they didn't accomplish it. Would it make you feel better to call it "extra-curricular assignment"?

Quote:
How is he meant to know that is the best way to protect the ship? He doesn't get viewer vision.
No, but he knows as well as we do that all he has is a sword, and a few seconds' worth of shielding. So he only has one, maybe two shots at destroying Gospel, and he pissed them away for no good reason. The ship wasn't being targeted. In fact, it was never targeted at all that we saw - Gospel just aimed at the moron in front of the ship.

Quote:
Also his sister said to watch out for Houki, so that will be influencing his actions.
Ah, yes, that totally translates to "let her fend for herself while you play hero deadweight".

Quote:
Btw I don't actually like the way the story is going, but i do think think people are being way too harsh.

I wouldn't even judge someone who just graduated from a military school this harshly, never mind a noob for sports based combat thing....
I wouldn't be that angry with him if he'd deserted Houki because he was scared and ran away crying into Chifuyu's skirt. That, I could take. I mean, he indeed didn't volunteer to be a soldier or anything. He was obviously reluctant to fight at all. So, to quote Jack Handy, “If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.” Cowardice, I could take.

But the sheer stupidity, irresponsibility, and inefficiency of his actions, plus his moral high horse and Houki's blame taking? No.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-03-26 at 10:28.
Old 2011-03-26, 08:30   Link #139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I actually kind of liked the episode, the quality was pretty nice. Though honestly didn't quite get the whole, “let’s forget the mission, I saw a fishing boat” moment. Yet again Ichika proving he lacks any sort of common sense. The mini-Ichika punch was nice though; probably Ichika’s only good moment this entire series so far.
Old 2011-03-26, 10:56   Link #140
Elladan
Ichika no Ecchi!

Send a message via AIM to Elladan Send a message via MSN to Elladan
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I actually kind of liked the episode, the quality was pretty nice. Though honestly didn't quite get the whole, “let’s forget the mission, I saw a fishing boat” moment. Yet again Ichika proving he lacks any sort of common sense. The mini-Ichika punch was nice though; probably Ichika’s only good moment this entire series so far.
mmh.. i have to agree that the quality wasn't bad..

in my eyes the bad thing was how cliche the thing went.. Houki receive a power up.. and guess what? an even stronger enemy appear ..