Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 14:08   Link #1401
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
This game is slowly losing it's playability, seeing as online seems to only be full of Rage Quitters, and Dante/Ryu/Wolverine spammers~
Why don't you play with people in your area? That's how I stay interested in the game.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 14:26   Link #1402
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll agree with most of what reviewer-dude-that-I-don't-know said, played the game today and I spent a lot of time trying to learn the game mechanics (if there's juggling, string moves, cancels, etc.) and I really missed the good old Street fighter training, telling you how to time punches n stuff...
Now, about the plot issues...I remember playing Soulblade on PSX, many many years ago. Fighting system was pretty awesome for its time, but each character had tons of backstory and an active role in the game. Some may say that MVC characters already got their tales told in their respective series, or that MVC gameplay is already good enough to skip louzy stories, but I certainly wouldn't mind an extra chapter for every hero fighting here.
Hearing about all the net rage makes me really glad I avoid internet play^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 15:41   Link #1403
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They don't.

Karate Champ didn't have one, Street Fighter II didn't have one, Mortal Kombat didn't have one, Tekken didn't have one, Virtua Fighter didn't have one, Dead or Alive didn't have one, Soul Calibur didn't have one etc.

I don't know why people want story mode so badly when the majority of the time they are full of badly directed scenes which are mainly laughable and cringe worthy to look at. Isn't the bad endings we get a big enough clue that we don't need this shit in the genre? Yeah man let's have 10 hours worth of cutscenes with crap like this and cause the game to get delayed another 7-10 months.

What next? Omg I'm playing NBA2k11 Franchise and there's no story at all, this is bullshit! What about the story of why Chris Bosh poses after every made shot? Melo going to New York and Blake dunking over a car

MvC3 has the second biggest opening month of every HD fighter (selling 790k to SFIV's 840k) for the american market and has a massive lead over the current 3rd place fighter in Soul Calibur 4. MvC3 has already shipped over two million copies worldwide.. people have voted with their wallet.
I don't know what's more laughable, you arguments as usual lacking of fundamnet or the fact you'r etaking as exapmle an ending from a game who was released 10 years ago.

Actually, we don't need to move out of the MvC3 game to prov my point.

This trailer has a plot, it tells a story, it is good and, hell, it was very promising.

Seriously, is it really hard to understand the clear and fair statement I'm complaining about?
Old 2011-03-30, 16:49   Link #1404
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Well in retrospect it certainly does look like they've cut a lot of corners to just give a bare-bone fighter. But what annoys me is their attempt to throw in shadow mode and make us pay to play against "special" teams and expect us to buy it? Especially in this recent case where they aren't even actual players or people, but just themed teams. What lunacy.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 05:03   Link #1405
Westlo
Lets be reality

Capcom obviously cut corners, they rushed this out to prop up their current financial year and seeing as how this shipped 2 million copies it certainly did that. Shame since the actual game itself is great fun (sents not overpowered, learn not to press buttons) though x-factor needs to be weaker (I would just make lvl 3 a longer lasting level 2.. already a big enough boost..). The sad thing about casual gamers whining about x-factor is that like RAGE in Tekken 6 and Ultras in SFIV it was put in for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I don't know what's more laughable, you arguments as usual lacking of fundamnet or the fact you'r etaking as exapmle an ending from a game who was released 10 years ago.
Firefox man, use it, it has a spellchecker. I don't care about typos but you're messing up some words completely that I don't even know what you're trying to say.

My arguments are laughable?

You - Fighting games need story mode

Me - *lists some of the most important and/or best selling fighting games ever which had no story mode

You - People want story mode1

Me - *shows that MvC3 has vastly outsold every hd fighter this gen aside from SFIV which also had no story mode*

I was going to post a newer MK ending but it was pretty bad, just had Sonya in game model dancing while the voiceover talking about some boring crap, at least the one I posted, was unintentional funny so it had some entertainment value to it lol.

Quote:
This trailer has a plot, it tells a story, it is good and, hell, it was very promising.

Seriously, is it really hard to understand the clear and fair statement I'm complaining about?
You've got 4 episodes of them in MvC3 along with everyone getting ending pictures which you know was the standard thing in fighting games until Tekken blessed us with CGI videos instead.

So why are you complaining? And posting a vid that has some retard go "oh who uses shehulk" when the top 2 players of this game in Justin Wong and Combofiend do?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 12:16   Link #1406
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Me - *shows that MvC3 has vastly outsold every hd fighter this gen aside from SFIV which also had no story mode*
It ha sno story mode but it has a plot which made beating the game with everyone much more atractive. MvC3 has none.

Quote:
I was going to post a newer MK ending but it was pretty bad, just had Sonya in game model dancing while the voiceover talking about some boring crap, at least the one I posted, was unintentional funny so it had some entertainment value to it lol.
This one:

Maybe this:

Or this:

Even this, despite being short

Quote:
You've got 4 episodes of them in MvC3 along with everyone getting ending pictures which you know was the standard thing in fighting games until Tekken blessed us with CGI videos instead.
I have nothing against Image endings (like you can see above), but all endings at MvC3 just suck and are very vague, seriously, have you seen Shuma's ending?

And, oh, that's Dante with Ghost Rider for no aparent reason or Jill with Blade, or Ryu with Iron Fist or Trish with Nightcrawler without any logical reason, just bringing more names without any explanation which made the ednigs both lame and really disapointing when you get them.

Quote:
So why are you complaining? And posting a vid that has some retard go "oh who uses shehulk" when the top 2 players of this game in Justin Wong and Combofiend do?
My complain is that Capcom said "Oh, we have a robust story mode, yeah, Wesker and Doom making an alliance of villains and all that" it is one of the things I was really expecting from this game, discovering that in the end there was nothing and capcom hasn't made any explanation about is what makes my blood boil.

And the guy was half-joking when he said about She-Hulk, you can see behind him a pop-up message that reads "Hey! I like She-Hulk!" The guys mostly complains that both online and offline gameplay is very bare bones and lacking of more game experience, unlike SSFlV was, in which I agree.

The whole thing here is that you're stucked in your "Fighting games doesn't need a story" thing and that people who complain for the lack of the so promised story mode at MvC3 are all wrong and have no point in complaining. As usual you don't asept other's arguments and you're totally convinced you're all right and other are all wrong, which alredy happened with the Thor and Megaman subjects. Stop acting as MvC3 loyal puppy defender and asept that MvC3 is not the MvC3 we all were expecting.
Old 2011-03-31, 22:51   Link #1407
Westlo
Lets be reality

The only difference between sfiv and mvc3s story mode is that since sfiv is a single fighter you had a clip before you start in addition to when you completed it. Due to marvel being 3v3 you can't exactly do that... Which is why you have the 4 episode trailers instead... The amount of combinations possible lol..... funny how no one complained about this for tvc...

So really there is no difference between them except one has poorly animated endings and the other has images. Also where is the exact quote of a robust story mode, I do remember reading something about that but I want too see if this is a case of Chinese whispers and/or an out of context quote. As for the endings not making sense... Lol maybe some are just over your head.

As for Thor, haven't seen a single one online and I've put in 30 hours on xbl.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-03-31 at 23:12.
Old 2011-04-01, 00:54   Link #1408
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Old 2011-04-01, 01:06   Link #1409
Westlo
Lets be reality

So in other words you made up that crap about capcom lying about a robust story mode? There is no real difference between mvc3 and sfivs story mode and Thor isn't seen online because....
Old 2011-04-01, 02:50   Link #1410
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So in other words you made up that crap about capcom lying about a robust story mode? There is no real difference between mvc3 and sfivs story mode and Thor isn't seen online because....
Don't claim me to invent crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Best News everyone GO HYPE!!:

The Story Mode is confirmed !

Here the link of video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmyW5Y_Ras#t=4m25s
at 7:40

The interview asked him, what kind features this game will have besides Arcade mode, then Seth replies Story Mode.

Maybe this game will be like MK vs DS when we have a Story mode full of cinematics and a Arcade more more about the fights.

If thats true, then that would be awesome. I really fell like that this game could have a really great story mode for the fans who enjoy the story as much as the fight.I was hoping they would take that approach. I was afraid they would just give us arcade mode with different character endings and beginnings. PLUS, it's written by Frank Tieri,a Marvel comics writer! This is the second time(lolbrawl)I've ever been excited for a crossover fighter story!
And seriously, you're just to eager to fight that you must start talking about your Thor hate again?

I didn't asked you about Thor, I just quoted that matter as an exampkle of your so anoying way of debating a subject.
Old 2011-04-01, 05:13   Link #1411
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

guys I want to ask something
I've been praciticing Felicia now, since I want to get to know other characters other than Zero

anyway, do you guys know how to connect Felicia's df+M to her qcf+atk move D:
they say it's just cancelling, but I just can't do it
is there a number of frames required before doing the command? or anything?

I appreciate the help

EDIT:
scratch this, I've figured it out
silly silly Frailty who not once thought of jump cancel

well if you guys are wondering, it's doing a qcf with a uf on the arrows~

Last edited by Frailty; 2011-04-01 at 05:28.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 14:36   Link #1412
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm mostly playing Wesker, it's somehow amazingly easy to go cancel->chain with his finisher while doing an air combo. I've been trying the same thing with Deadpool, but my combo gets canceled at double jump, and I can't cancel during the double jump because then he moves out of hitbox
Old 2011-04-01, 15:43   Link #1413
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
well if you guys are wondering, it's doing a qcf with a uf on the arrows~
This is why I like the Japanese notation. It's so much easier to understand 2369 [although I guess [TK] qcf works too].

Is chaining toy touch to rolling buckler better? I've always been practicing 236C~B 5A 5B 3B [jc] j.a j.b j.b j.c 5E [etc.]. I haven't been keeping up with the best combos though [or even practicing], so I wouldn't know.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:36   Link #1414
lightningfire
gamer

hmmm, everyone.
who is your favorite characters you like to use right now?

Amaterasu and Dante is my favorite
It’s a matter of keeping close the pain that causes you harm
lightningfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 02:51   Link #1415
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Now, this was all an April Fools joke and all, but I'd still like to share the image that had many across the internet raging war with others about whether it was legit or not~

Spoiler for Size:

Looks pretty legit don't it~? Well, there's a reason it was released on April 1st of all days~
Old 2011-04-02, 03:06   Link #1416
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Now that was a mean April fools joke....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 04:24   Link #1417
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Roy Nitsuma and Seth Killian are both assholes -_-
Old 2011-04-02, 07:43   Link #1418
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/ar...List-189658067
just going to drop this one here...
my friend made this (he requested me to ask everyone I know about his opinion ;_; ). It's about this possible (just a wishlist though) DLC for the game. What do you guys think about this one?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 08:29   Link #1419
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Who are the best characters to beat Galacticus?
Old 2011-04-02, 09:24   Link #1420
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Who are the best characters to beat Galacticus?
Any character that's XF LVL3. But really, as long as you super jump you should be able to avoid a lot of his attacks in the first stage (his snap back flick is what you need to avoid the most). This makes flying characters pretty optimal for this.

Once you get him to his "beam spam" stage do as much damage while blocking his beams and sacrifice the two you don't want the ending for. Once the last is in, activate XF and got to town on him but remember to block his beam attacks.

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, ps3, xbox360