lmao that was hilarious
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 01:54   Link #6282
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Quote:
Colossi now have 5 legs. They just looked kinda weird with 4.

I wish they really made that change.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 02:23   Link #6283
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
The Ghost can no longer be produced. Once a Ghost's progress bar is partially complete it will be postponed indefinitely.
Bahahaha.

Quote:
Protoss players that are matched against another Protoss player will automatically start the game with 4 Gateways and Warp Gate tech researched.
I lol'd.

It's funny how Blizzard knows about certain imbalances, overused strats etc yet they don't do anything about it...

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-04-02 at 03:13.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 02:42   Link #6284
paladinenvec

Quote:
Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game.
Hahaha this one was the best
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 11:50   Link #6285
Qikz

Oh man, that was a painful game. We traded armies, then in the second encounter at my third he had DT's which I didn't know about. I'd just called down two mules and they were just killing my planetary fortess. He got away with more units and I had to wait for a raven, went back to Macro, managed to retake my third and he was on 3 bases (AFAIK need to watch the replay) and I was getting some Ravens.

I got to like 150 supply and thought now would be a good time to push out. I kill his new expand at the gold base on meta and he comes out on top of the battle we have. I try to macro up again and think, I've got ravens. His DT's are not going to do anything. Next thing I know I see a mothership in my base recalling his entire army in. I had no scans and my ravens died. I hardly had any units and just lost right there.

I thought I saw one of his units cloak during the second engagement then reappear but I thought I was seeing things. First Mothership I think I've ever seen on ladder!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 14:00   Link #6286
JuGG

Quote:
Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game.
Hands down my favourite remark in the changes. Though the banelings rolling up hills also made me laugh.

I miss playing this game too much. My internet is so slow at my current location that I haven't played online for 4 months. I'm gonna severely suck when I eventually get my net upgraded but at least I won't feel that my purchase was gimped.
Old 2011-04-02, 16:30   Link #6287
triskelion
*Fansubber

But what would happen when it's a TvT?

Do they both win?
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 17:42   Link #6288
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Least TvT isn't boring to watch. Especially if they break out Battlecruisers.
Old 2011-04-02, 17:45   Link #6289
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by triskelion View Post
But what would happen when it's a TvT?

Do they both win?
It's obvious... every time a TvT game is played the dimensions divide to make sure 1 of them always win in each dimension.

Everyone's a winner!
Old 2011-04-02, 20:54   Link #6290
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuGG View Post
It's obvious... every time a TvT game is played the dimensions divide to make sure 1 of them always win in each dimension.

Everyone's a winner!
Well, that would still mean that one terran loses in each dimension, and thus the bug is still present.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:17   Link #6291
lordshadowisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
Well, that would still mean that one terran loses in each dimension, and thus the bug is still present.
I believe that when a TvT occurs, the surrender option is greyed out. Also, all buildings automatically liftoff when built and cannot land to simulate space battles.

Since the victory conditions cannot be met, neither player can lose.
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 02:58   Link #6292
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
Hmm.... how about if dimensional transference occurred and therefore each person were only present in the dimension in which they won.....
I suppose the difficulty here is that I've changed the outcome to fixing the bug for the player rather than the in-game race. *sigh*

Fine, I made a mistake and a pretty appalling one. I suppose we could just say that no matter what happens within the game both sides are presented with winning statistics.

I just liked the idea of dimensional activity--but you quickly crushed those dreams.
Old 2011-04-03, 03:12   Link #6293
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Obviously mirror matchups were never meant to be played. Just look at PvP-- Protoss is uninspired enough, but now two of them!

Fix imo.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 03:35   Link #6294
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It doesn't say that Terran will win, just that they won't lose.

If you never stop fighting, than you cannot lose, but you can also not win...a draw and or infinate loop.

"We have entered an endless recursion of time"
Old 2011-04-03, 04:20   Link #6295
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Obviously mirror matchups were never meant to be played. Just look at PvP-- Protoss is uninspired enough, but now two of them!

Fix imo.
I find my dual viewpoints on Protoss odd: in theory and away from the game I see them as an interesting race with some of the more exciting technological aspects (warping, blinking, hallucinations etc.) but as soon as I begin playing them or playing against them (or even worse: a mirror match) then I quickly find myself bored of their units and find their tactics slightly cheap (simply because I was never good at handling them ) and/or repetitive.

It's just weird how such a good race conceptually seems to fail so easily when put into practice. (at least for me, anyway)
Old 2011-04-03, 04:34   Link #6296
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The problem with toss can be summarized in 3 words:

Build Order Loss.

The problem is that no matter how magnificent your tactics or micro, it means nothing to the likes of 4 gate and colossi. Gateway units are very, very weak, relative to all other units. But at the same time, if you go for the colossi, you'll get overwhelmed by the masses of gateway units. Protoss units are built off hard counters. It's especially severe in PvP where if your build is wrong, you might as well just leave the game. This results in a typical 4 gate---> collosi pissing contest.

There's nothing wrong with this actually; the problem is that it's almost impossible to scout early given that scouting can be denied so easily. This basically turns it into a crapshoot.

Plus the cannon rushing and in base proxy gateways, are especially hard to stop when you are protoss. Adding cheese to this, really sucks.

I demand a map contest. Now. The new map pool for 2v2 is ... horrific.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 04:44   Link #6297
Pocari_Sweat

Warpgates totally changed the way how protoss is to be played compared to SC1. It appears that on larger maps, protoss has the ability to be the aggressor as well as the best "turtling" race as a 200/200 protoss deathball is the most powerful in the game except for maybe terran pure-mech but that has a lot of flaws both once obtained (immobility) and getting to it (takes a long time and forfeits map control). Kinda controversial and imbalanced.

On smaller maps and close spawn locations, terran was the aggressor as their units are the most "cost-efficient" in the early to early-mid game and the short rush distances allow for tactics like siege tank pushes to be deadly. Zerg might as well not be a playable race in such spawn locations because they will die 95% of time on close spawn locations and small maps.

Warpgates pretty much negates any defender's advantage and large rush distances due to the ability to proxy units. This is why PvP ends up being 4warpgate fests and terrans having a hard time because if they attack, the rush distance owns them and if they defend and go FE, they have a hard time defending against protoss aggression. Kinda a lose-lose situation.

However, I think it's best if you balance the game around big macro maps and then just get rid of the small ones. With that in mind, in my opinion I think warpgate mechanic needs to be changed. Perhaps increase the time for units to warp-in (from 3 seconds to say 10 seconds) or increase the cooldown time to match the unit build-time as it was for gateways. If I remember warpgates can produce units faster than gateways by 8 seconds as well as almost "instantly" get them rather than wait the full build time of gateways.

That and the collosus unit needs to be weakened period. This unit is just a more mobile, higher DPS without the drawback of friendly splash version of a siege tank. It's just better than the siege tank in almost every single way bar a bit of range. Sure it can be attacked by air units, but vikings and corruptors don't clearly kill collosi not even closely fast enough before your ground units are melted by its laser beams and cut off by forcefields. It also makes immortals obselete as they do BETTER against both light and armored targets than immortals do against armored once about 3 or so collosi are produced. I think it would be better for collosus to be used for what it is actually used for (anti-light units) than just dominate everything on the ground. Instead of 15x2(+2) I think it should do something like 10x2(+1) with a 5x2(+1) bonus against light and then give immortals a range of say 6 or 7 instead of 5 so they are actually useful and can be used as the "armored" counter while the collosus is the "light" counter.

Just my 2 cents regarding protoss after playing them for a long time and then now switching back to terran.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-04-03 at 14:07.
Old 2011-04-03, 09:10   Link #6298
Pocari_Sweat

Lol:

Btw, not an April Fools Joke. It was only uploaded on April 1 but I've seen this as part of the ads during GSL commercials.
Old 2011-04-03, 09:24   Link #6299
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Lol:

Btw, not an April Fools Joke. It was only uploaded on April 1 but I've seen this as part of the ads during GSL commercials.
Considering BoxeR and SNSD are both sponsored by Intel, nothing surprising in the least.

I found it a little amusing though, since SlayerSBoxeR is essentially among the few Starcraft pros who's friends with SNSD.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:42   Link #6300
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post

Just my 2 cents regarding protoss after playing them for a long time and then now switching back to terran.
I find it funny because right now I just switched to protoss and I'm winning so much more .

Protoss just has some of the best timing early attacks as well as turtling games right there is.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows