AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-02, 20:03   Link #1
msgpoisoning

Go Vote!

Right now, go and vote, but only if it's Kerry, if you support Bush the voting is tomorrow.
Old 2004-11-02, 20:09   Link #2
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
Right now, go and vote, but only if it's Kerry, if you support Bush the voting is tomorrow.
roflmao that is too funny. I should have tried that this morning when I did Vote for Kerry
Old 2004-11-02, 20:11   Link #3
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Voted. Was challenged by a democrat challenger as expected. The poll worker (my former elementry school teacher) kicked the challenger out and I was able to vote 5 minutes later.

Now if only they didn't run out of the "I voted" stickers and balloons So sad
Old 2004-11-02, 20:52   Link #4
Xie

Voted this morning and my state is in. Yeah to Jersey for going democrat once again! Most years Jersey is not considered a swing state but this year was a tad different since polls had them running about 50/50 and we had the big scandal here with our democrat governor.

Dragged all my family and friends out to vote and looks like enough other people did as well .
Old 2004-11-02, 20:57   Link #5
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
You guys had balloons? Damn, I only got the sticker, but I voted at like 6 in the morning.

Voted in Kentucky, so didn't really have a snowflake's chance in hell of making an impact in that state. More annoyed at the ban gay marriage amendment than the presedential election here though.
Old 2004-11-02, 20:59   Link #6
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Voted. Was challenged by a democrat challenger as expected. The poll worker (my former elementry school teacher) kicked the challenger out and I was able to vote 5 minutes later.

I had to vote absentee..no sticker for me either
Old 2004-11-02, 21:00   Link #7
???
Unknown

Bush is winning so... for those who voted for kerry... LOLZ You got PWN3D !!!

anyways im canadien.

Last edited by ???; 2004-11-03 at 01:10.
Old 2004-11-02, 21:05   Link #8
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
The woman in line behind me had already voted by absentee, then came to the polls to vote a second time. She was in the rolls as voting absentee, they asked if she had already voted, and she said yes. So she was told you can't vote twice.

That and Move On. org people being annoying at the polling station was the only thing I came across.
Old 2004-11-02, 21:06   Link #9
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
Bush is winning so... for those who voted for kerry... LOLZ You got PWN3D !!!

anyways in canadien.
I'll say this simply:

More than half the states polls aren't even closed yet.....

DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKEN'S BEFORE THE EGGS HATCH!
Old 2004-11-02, 21:07   Link #10
Aquillion

Nobody's winning yet. So far, none of the major swing states have been decided (unless you count Kerry holding NJ, I suppose); there certinally haven't been any surprises. Leaked exit polls give Kerry a huge (17-20 point) lead in Pennsylvania, which the Republicans were making a big effort to take, and tiny leads in most of the other swing states (incl. Florida and Ohio, the big ones), but who knows what exit polls really mean?

...oh, and even if you're not from the US, go out and vote anyway! Go to your local government representitive and inform them that you are voting in the US elections! When they ask if you are a US citizen, say no! Then refuse to leave.

The future of democracy depends on you!
Old 2004-11-02, 21:37   Link #11
???
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
...oh, and even if you're not from the US, go out and vote anyway! Go to your local government representitive and inform them that you are voting in the US elections! When they ask if you are a US citizen, say no! Then refuse to leave.

The future of democracy depends on you!
Does this work, even if your from japan or iraq ? Cause im sure iraqui peoples realy hates bush and will vote for kerry. Just because of the war thing or the will to give up the arab world.
Old 2004-11-02, 21:37   Link #12
SlugZilla
woofles

I didn't vote but it didn't matter anyways(not that I can ). Kerry was gonna win our state no matter what.
Old 2004-11-02, 21:43   Link #13
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
For those who haven't voted yet.

:Ahem:

VOTE KERRY!

Spoiler for to Bush:

Well if Bush wins there's at least one thing I can look forward to:

More anti-Bush jokes.
Old 2004-11-02, 21:58   Link #14
???
Unknown

The question is: Who would the Terrorists vote for?
Old 2004-11-02, 22:05   Link #15
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
The question is: Who would the Terrorists vote for?
A vote for Kerry would get us out of where we don't belong and then the terrorists would give us a permanent break.
Old 2004-11-02, 22:14   Link #16
???
Unknown

Osama doesn't likes Bush because he divided the Arab World. The goal of Al-Qaeda is to unite the Arab world into a new superpower under a new Caliph.
Old 2004-11-02, 22:22   Link #17
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
A vote for Kerry would get us out of where we don't belong and then the terrorists would give us a permanent break.
you people really want to assume that don't you?

1. America will NOT get out of Iraq regardless of who the president is. Now that we're in Iraq, and already did some damage what are you going to do? Suddenly leave in the midst of turmoil? It's a bit late to do that. Like it or not, America still has a job to finish in Iraq and Afganistan. (Speaking of which, I haven't heard much news in Afganistan)

2. Terrorist will attack again, attack whoever is president. Do you honestly think they cared whether or not who was president in 9/11? Do you think they'll stop just because Bush left the office? They're probably planning to bomb us again even if Kerry wins.

As you know I voted for Bush. Yes I can see my Negitive reputation go up along with screams of idiocy comming soon.

Throughout the 3 debates, Kerry kept saying he has a plan. A plan to do this a plan to do that. Exactly what the hell are those plans? Who knows, I don't like random crap. At least we know what Bush is doing. Do I agree with Bush? Not with Iraq, but he does tell the truth.

I hope you guys don't use the Recession as a voting step against Bush. Bush got the US out of the recession in less then 8 months. or you should Thank yourselfs for spending huge amounts of money. And this recession honestly wasn't too bad, only a 6.5% Unemployment rate (5% is full employment).

Heck, my prediction is that after the war in Iraq, and the US stations their power there, America will be able to purchase more oil at lower prices. So gas prices will go down. However, that's only after Iraq stablizes. When's that going to happen? Who knows. But the US will be able to trade with Iraq, Palistine, Kuwait, Jeruslem (SP), and some others.

Who here is actually registered to vote, 18 years of age, and an American Citizen for at least 8 years?
Old 2004-11-02, 22:28   Link #18
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Who here is actually registered to vote, 18 years of age, and an American Citizen for at least 8 years?
You don't need the last requirement to vote...otherwise I shouldn't have been allowed to vote!
Old 2004-11-02, 22:31   Link #19
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
You don't need the last requirement to vote...otherwise I shouldn't have been allowed to vote!
how interesting, if you're a immigrant, you usually have to wait 8 years to become a citizen. Then upon becomming a citizen then you can register and vote.
Old 2004-11-02, 22:40   Link #20
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
Osama doesn't likes Bush because he divided the Arab World. The goal of Al-Qaeda is to unite the Arab world into a new superpower under a new Caliph.
If their families do business within the oil industry I seriously doubt Osama dislikes him. I think what we see publicly is simply manipulated to benefit all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
you people really want to assume that don't you?

1. America will NOT get out of Iraq regardless of who the president is. Now that we're in Iraq, and already did some damage what are you going to do? Suddenly leave in the midst of turmoil? It's a bit late to do that. Like it or not, America still has a job to finish in Iraq and Afganistan. (Speaking of which, I haven't heard much news in Afganistan)
I am sorry you misunderstood, That was an attempt at humor. I was just making a joke.
Closed Thread