AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 00:32   Link #181
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^Because they suck in anime (traps not included)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:40   Link #182
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
Why is there no men on this show?
Because there's already a dog in it.

... not that it'll make any sense.

... not that sense is needed much either.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 01:12   Link #183
k3fan

Quote:
It's based on an all girl pachinko game.
k3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 08:50   Link #184
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
There's also the Imagawa clan, the first "major" clan the Oda defeat. Although I'm not sure if Okehazama already happened in the series or not. Historically though, since Akechi Mitsuhide already joined Oda Nobunaga, Oda clan should have defeated Saito and Imagawa clan.
Imagawa is in the anime.

Quote:
Because no one wants them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
From the new pachinko and card game that they're gonna to launch soon.More new characters revealed *warning heavy spoilers*.Hope these new characters will appear in this series

Spoiler for new characters:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kimura sensei; 2011-04-28 at 09:15.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 12:38   Link #185
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Well now, this series is going to get a lot more interesting a lot sooner than I had expected... Shingen and Kenshin were pretty much how I expected them: Heated rivals who can't stand the thought of someone else defeating the other.

Quite a showing here, and while I'm pretty sure Nobunaga wasn't involved in the Kawanakajima skirmishes, I would've been upset if they included those two without at least referencing those battles. Bit of a shame that we didn't get to see Shingen deflecting a sword strike with her fan, but I guess that wouldn't be "right" with Kenshin having a spear.

Spoiler for new characters:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 22:11   Link #186
Kelpie
Banned

What the hell is pachinko?
It feels like I have to google every word you people type, is English really that inconvenient?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-04-29 at 00:42. Reason: Let's TRY to be NOT so rude...
Kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 22:56   Link #187
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Pachinko (パチンコ?) is a Japanese gaming device used for amusement and gambling. A pachinko machine resembles a vertical pinball machine, but with no flippers and a large number of relatively small balls. The player fires a ball up into the machine, controlling only its initial speed. The ball then cascades down through a dense forest of pins. In most cases, the ball falls to the bottom and is lost, but if it instead goes into certain pockets, more balls are released as a jackpot. Pachinko machines were originally strictly mechanical, but modern ones have incorporated extensive electronics, becoming similar to video slot machines.
Seeing as you asked... there's really no English counterpart(aside from Plinko from The Price is Right, I guess), so "pachinko" is really all we have to go with.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 23:04   Link #188
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Rude much?

Anyway, quite a few of the words are ALL there is in terms of "English versions" of said words...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 13:59   Link #189
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Sengoku Koihime Girls 05 - The Dead Men That Actually Do Tell Tales:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 15:20   Link #190
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Historically speaking didn't Tokugawa leech their way into the Shogunate, first playing Imagawa for fools then Hojo, until they established their dominion in Nagoya and Tokyo, only to double-cross the other regents during Toyotomi years?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 22:14   Link #191
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm disappointed that none of those stories were actually scary. XD Unlike a certain Black Lagoon special.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 02:50   Link #192
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I'm disappointed that none of those stories were actually scary. XD Unlike a certain Black Lagoon special.
Heh, I didn't really expect them to be, but yeah.

A bit of a weak episode overall. It was still fun, but a bit monotonous.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:28   Link #193
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Heh, I didn't really expect them to be, but yeah.

A bit of a weak episode overall. It was still fun, but a bit monotonous.
I thought it was rather entertaining, they seem to do a good job on the comedy genre.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:02   Link #194
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I can't for the life of me get interested in this anime or arroused because they are all supose to be men mainly samurai warriors chronicles I'm playing and samurai sarabasa or something.. that I just finished.

Oh and that little "because they don't want them" comment on the why's there no men question.. is a bit rude and sexist. how can you guys betray your own gender

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-05-03 at 14:16.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:45   Link #195
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Akechi freaking out (and having to carry her shorts back on a stick XD), the group randomly ending up at the River Styx during their attempt to escape after bluntly abandoning Date (*dramatic CLANGs* ...Bye. lol ), the little misunderstanding about the (poor) bunny while also moving the plot somewhat forward by the end.

Pretty nice overall.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 18:18   Link #196
kitten320

I like this show so far. It might not be seriouse with great action, but I do appraciate the humour and think that they are doing well. I take this series more as a comedy with some action in between^^

I think most of the stories were not finished so that's why they were not scary. Though I would have prefered to hear at least one proper story.

I just loved the moment when they looked at each other and then simply abondened Date.

Also loved the scene when they got to the river and all togetehr calmly decided to go back
Old 2011-05-03, 18:23   Link #197
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh i wanted to ask, does this anime have a genderbended

Old 2011-05-03, 19:15   Link #198
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 5:
Old 2011-05-03, 19:42   Link #199
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I can't for the life of me get interested in this anime or arroused because they are all supose to be men mainly samurai warriors chronicles I'm playing and samurai sarabasa or something.. that I just finished.

Oh and that little "because they don't want them" comment on the why's there no men question.. is a bit rude and sexist. how can you guys betray your own gender
You know there is no dearth of anime told from the male perspective. If this anime does not work for you, drop it and move on.

Speaking as a male and a huge yuri fan, it is easy for me to say: the fewer the males, the better while none is ideal.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 19:59   Link #200
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
You know there is no dearth of anime told from the male perspective. If this anime does not work for you, drop it and move on.

Speaking as a male and a huge yuri fan, it is easy for me to say: the fewer the males, the better while none is ideal.
Na I want to give it a chance, speaking as a male and a huge fair gender spread fan its easy for me to say I dont care if its all women. its the fact that I just got done playing two games that star the actual male versions. Frankly i would be all over this anime if they werent genderbended versions.

also note im a huge fan of Samurai warriors and Basara

if this doesnt have a some what serious plot then I wont bother.. so answer me this, is the plot decent so far?