Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-07, 00:07   Link #6261
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I'd be annoyed if they're NOT the offspring of SouKana and Kurz/Mao. Shikidouji is better than that, she doesn't make carbon copy characters, so they must be the next generation~ Can't wait to find out what they're like! *super excited~!*
I noticed theres a roman numero 2 on the girl's shoulder?

II ?

TDDA II ?

Urzu 2?

AL team 2?

Generation 2?
Old 2011-05-07, 00:08   Link #6262
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Uhh guys... it's "10 years after." If that's Sousuke and Kaname's offspring then he probably has a severe aging priblem

Also the story's setting is probably at 2008-2009, novel timeline.
Old 2011-05-07, 00:52   Link #6263
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Uhh guys... it's "10 years after." If that's Sousuke and Kaname's offspring then he probably has a severe aging priblem

Also the story's setting is probably at 2008-2009, novel timeline.
It says OVER 10 years <.<
Old 2011-05-07, 00:54   Link #6264
biscotti
Pokemon Master

Send a message via AIM to biscotti
Hi..I've been following this forum for a really long time now and finally decided to register haha...Anyway, the new "generation" that has been announced...will this be an extension of the light novels or another manga? Or a sequel to the Full Metal Panic Sigma manga? Btw...how can I get a hold of the Full Metal Panic Sigma mangas? Have they even been translated? Because when I search them on Amazon, there are only French translations. I know there are some translated into English online...but are they up to date?
biscotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 02:14   Link #6265
HuNGaricum

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
I noticed theres a roman numero 2 on the girl's shoulder?

II ?

TDDA II ?

Urzu 2?

AL team 2?

Generation 2?
Urzu 2 lol inherited from Mommy if she is Tha Mommy(!?!?!) btw it's o.II or something similar...
btw i love these speculations... my excitement slowly hits intolerable levels...
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 02:51   Link #6266
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Well here is some more speculation.

Either Mao or Sagara might have taken over Kalinins job.

I can't wait to see a adult Tessa in her early 30s.

A TDD2 would be awesome but Tessa already denied that in the last novel, didn't she? I would go for Urzu 2.

As much as they look alike characters from the original series i doubt both are related to them. I guess the girl indeed is the offspring of Kurz/Mao but she looks slightly younger than the guy and you know that Kurz/Mao already achieved thrid base in ANOT whereas Sousuke and Kana still have way to go.

I am wondering what part Clouseau might play. And Lemon ... there are so many characters they could bring back in this while presenting some new.

EDIT: i am also wondering how much freedom Gatoh will garant that new writer to fuck with his characters. Since he just outlines the story there is always a lot room for the writers own imput. It is possible that we will only see a very small appearance of previously known cast. I just hope they don't do the macross sdf->marcoss 7 thing where the couple previously in love split up in the future due to ... stupid writing - i don't want them to fix that happy end from ASBM - not by a replacement writer - just some continuation please :3

Last edited by Cenit; 2011-05-07 at 03:08.
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 07:14   Link #6267
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Spoiler for So I heard you liek Hi-res...:

Now if you look closely at the girls shoulders, the numerals are 3, not 2.
Quote:
It says OVER 10 years <.<
Um...
Old 2011-05-07, 09:46   Link #6268
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Just something strange in mind......
Spoiler:

......Forget it.

But on the other hand, I really want to see other character's stories after SBM rather than the two. We should have tons of idea for that anyway.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:51   Link #6269
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
What if Sousuke...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-07, 13:44   Link #6270
cris23mk

Who wants to bet he is the genius engineer who built the new AS, and she is the fearless pilot who whacks him with a rolled-up newspaper whenever it doesn't work just the way she wants it?

Also, if the girl is indeed Kurz's daughter and the boy is indeed Sousuke's son, I imagine Kurz will only be worried for about 5 minutes or so, before remembering that this is Sousuke we're talking about here and realize he'll have to give the poor new kid some dating advice. And hope he's more receptive than his father.

Joking aside, this is great news. I have faith that Gatoh won't let the new guy screw up too much.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I can't wait to see where this is going.
cris23mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 13:45   Link #6271
biscotti
Pokemon Master

Send a message via AIM to biscotti
That girl on the right definitely looks like Mao, their facial features are exactly the same. The only features that are different are the hair and eyes, which reminds me of Kurz. The guy on the left reminds me of Sousuke, I think the Jindai uniform and the eye color really emphasizes that. And of course he has Kaname's hair color. It has to be at least 20 years in the future because the new characters look like they're at least 15 years old, and Sousuke and Kaname are around 18 when the light novels ended, unless I'm wrong. I think it would be exciting to read/see an older Sousuke and Kaname, most Animes and Mangas usually stop once the main story ends, I like how Shoji is continuing the story.

B/W Friend Code: 4169 3825 2087
Follow me on Tumblr
biscotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 14:09   Link #6272
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris23mk View Post
Who wants to bet he is the genius engineer who built the new AS, and she is the fearless pilot who whacks him with a rolled-up newspaper whenever it doesn't work just the way she wants it?

Also, if the girl is indeed Kurz's daughter and the boy is indeed Sousuke's son, I imagine Kurz will only be worried for about 5 minutes or so, before remembering that this is Sousuke we're talking about here and realize he'll have to give the poor new kid some dating advice. And hope he's more receptive than his father.

Joking aside, this is great news. I have faith that Gatoh won't let the new guy screw up too much.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I can't wait to see where this is going.

Rofl, it can go the same in reverse!

Sousuke Jr. might be like completely oblivious to the incredibly flirtly and seductive blondie here..
if she's Kurtz-Mao daughter she'd inherent that from her parents..a notorious tease! XD

it'd be hilarious as HELL to see her moves dont work on lil Sousuke Jr. Just like his dad XD LOL minding his own buisness tending to the AS...

Plus we got a hottie Tessa at age 30,..she may not be doing TDDA anymore but am sure shes around giving pointers somewhere. She said she was going to travel to europe after the last ordeal?..

oh god rofl..

am SURE our familiar gang will show up somewhere along the lines...
Didn't Gatou surprise us with the FIRST girl shown up in the first book rescued by Sousuke?
the poor whispered redhead that was escaping, Miss Sarah Miller...She didnt even came up untill
the FINALE books!

If they are not in the beginning, I know something will show up eventually ^_^...

Again, I say, who is BONTAKUN now?!!?
you think Sousuke would make random bontakun appearances ?

Speculation for III um...Arbalest/AL #3? It is the THIRD version since Laevetien went kapoot...

Hurray for Sousuke Jr.!!

------------

The entire FMP Japanese fan community is going nuts XD

Here's evidence..

Now that I noticed, her SUIT is similar to Chidori's whispered suit?

?? Maybe shes not a pilot but a Whispered?
Argh, please dont tell me Sousuke's Atomic Bomb moment made ANOTHER set of Whispers!!

*dies!*

Last edited by selilychidori; 2011-05-07 at 14:38.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 19:14   Link #6273
seiichi-san

Send a message via MSN to seiichi-san
Wow, you guys have found a lot of intel. I'm getting really excited to be able to read the new series someday. Thanks for sharing all information. Even though I'm starting to wonder if I'm to old to be enjoying this series so much.
seiichi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 21:25   Link #6274
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
Wow, you guys have found a lot of intel. I'm getting really excited to be able to read the new series someday. Thanks for sharing all information. Even though I'm starting to wonder if I'm to old to be enjoying this series so much.
Never too old to enjoy Anime =)
My dad still watches tom and jerry and looney tunes, but even though they are kiddie cartoons, they were kiddie cartoon of HIS time, so i dont see anything wrong with it and nor does anyone else

In the future, our kids would roll their eyes and think "gahh..Anime, so lame"
yep...

So you go and enjoy your anime, this is your era to do so! In the future, no one will know what the hell is anime or FMP anymore...
Old 2011-05-07, 21:37   Link #6275
FeistyDreams

Quote:
In the future, no one will know what the hell is anime or FMP anymore...
FMP is eternal! XD
Old 2011-05-07, 21:54   Link #6276
seiichi-san

Oh okay... The both of you are right. I'm not going to stop watching anime anytime soon.

Yes I do agree FMP is eternal. I never get sick of watching "Uncontrollable Bluebird" I think it is one of my favorite episodes from Fumoffu.

Thanks for the response I appreciate it.
Old 2011-05-07, 23:08   Link #6277
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
Oh okay... The both of you are right. I'm not going to stop watching anime anytime soon.

Yes I do agree FMP is eternal. I never get sick of watching "Uncontrollable Bluebird" I think it is one of my favorite episodes from Fumoffu.

Thanks for the response I appreciate it.
No problem ^.^...glad to help!

I dont see anything wrong about it...

but I DO see something wrong with this guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
What if Sousuke...
Spoiler:

What the hell is your problem!? ><..I dont want to see Sousuke dead!
I swere you do this to get a RISE out of me dont you!? :frustrat ed:
Old 2011-05-08, 00:09   Link #6278
seiichi-san

Quote:
No problem ^.^...glad to help!

I dont see anything wrong about it...

but I DO see something wrong with this guy..

What the hell is your problem!? ><..I dont want to see Sousuke dead!
I swere you do this to get a RISE out of me dont you!? :frustrat ed:

I KNOW!!! I mean I wouldn't want him to die, but I surely wouldn't him to die like that.
Old 2011-05-08, 07:56   Link #6279
cris23mk

Actually, I've seen that subject being discussed a few years ago, on another forum I believe. It stems from the fact that Gauron was supposedly dying of pancreatic cancer, and some people believed said cancer was induced by extended use of the Lambda Driver. Since Sousuke also had to use it a lot, some fans feared the same fate would be in store for him. But the novels never explicitly state what caused Gauron's cancer, the only clue that the LD might have something to do with it is Gauron's specific desire for revenge against his former colleagues from Amalgam, and it's made pretty clear that, whatever his actual health problems were, his obsession with Sousuke was, in fact, a much more insidious disease.

A more probable alternative is that the drugs Amalgam gave to its pilots were the cause of the cancer. Some of the side-effects of said drugs were discussed in the novels, and they were indeed very unpleasant, but most were related to the psyche of the individual. I don't remember cancer being one of them. In any case, Sousuke never took them, so he should be safe. Poor kid already has enough problems as it is, what with those half-missing organs and all...
cris23mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 08:35   Link #6280
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris23mk View Post
Actually, I've seen that subject being discussed a few years ago, on another forum I believe. It stems from the fact that Gauron was supposedly dying of pancreatic cancer, and some people believed said cancer was induced by extended use of the Lambda Driver. Since Sousuke also had to use it a lot, some fans feared the same fate would be in store for him. But the novels never explicitly state what caused Gauron's cancer, the only clue that the LD might have something to do with it is Gauron's specific desire for revenge against his former colleagues from Amalgam, and it's made pretty clear that, whatever his actual health problems were, his obsession with Sousuke was, in fact, a much more insidious disease.

A more probable alternative is that the drugs Amalgam gave to its pilots were the cause of the cancer. Some of the side-effects of said drugs were discussed in the novels, and they were indeed very unpleasant, but most were related to the psyche of the individual. I don't remember cancer being one of them. In any case, Sousuke never took them, so he should be safe. Poor kid already has enough problems as it is, what with those half-missing organs and all...
This is highly interesting, but i didn't even refer to that. I was more thinking about the nuke on Melida Island, but combined with the partly organ loss and possible side effects from the lambda driver ... ouch. If Gatoh had a bad day when lining out this spinoff, someone could be missing.

@selilychidori

<3

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen