AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-26, 21:28   Link #141
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, like I said from another board. They haven't learned their lesson on how to do the animes. Heck, even Bandai's a step higher than them.
Old 2004-10-28, 21:48   Link #142
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
ragweed,
If that picture is actually real, wtf and omfg.
If it's not, that's so not funny.
It's a fake picture someone made with photoshop. :P
Old 2004-10-28, 22:10   Link #143
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
It's a fake picture someone made with photoshop. :P
And just like I said, that was not funny, man. Though it's not too far from what those idiots at 4kids would do or there's the option of skipping the whole entire arlong arc which would of course receive the reponse of multitudes of hate mail.

Can anyone explain to me how they thought it was a good idea to liscense this show when it obviously has some much content that has to be edited with this having its own costs.

Actually, the better question would be why was it freaking necessary to give up on using the original one piece dub for a stupid rap.

I also would like to ask what were they smoking, sniffing, injecting, etc. while they wander on whether or not they should have liscensed one piece, because I would really like a piece, since it must be some good stuff.
Old 2004-10-28, 22:23   Link #144
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Simple question is.

Why would they feel the need to license a show geared towards 17ish bracket.

And lobotomize and neuter it, and make it into a kiddy show.
Old 2004-10-28, 22:54   Link #145
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Simple question is.

Why would they feel the need to license a show geared towards 17ish bracket.

And lobotomize and neuter it, and make it into a kiddy show.
The answer to that would include just to get money I guess based on its popularity in Japan.

Another question would be how much will it cost for the all the insane and stupid editing that they would for at least 2 or 3 ruined seasons of OP?

P.S.
Wasn't there someone who posted a letter that they sent to 4kids about their actions in relation to One Piece. I wonder if that person was even given a response. Would be far from surprised if they just set that letter on fire since I'm sure their unbridled arrogance and ignorace would influence such a decision.
Old 2004-10-29, 02:17   Link #146
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, 4Kids, from day 1 (since they've been in the states) have been pathetic (even though I didn't notice it till recently). Because they can't even deliver anime the right way. And yet with One Piece and F Zero GP Legend. They still didn't learn their lesson on how to deliver a good quality anime.
Old 2004-10-30, 11:58   Link #147
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
OMG! It's the first time I get to see the 4Kids version... It's like steping on a mine.. Fox here is tweaked at the foxbox hours to give us some other shows, but now I can watch the Vancouver's FOX with digital tv. So just half an hour ago, I gave it a shot. WTF?? A rap song OP??!! Did they knew it was shorter to just translate "We are!"? Especially when they actually did it. I remember watching it when we could vote on some animes on foxbox website.
Old 2004-11-02, 14:23   Link #148
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Does anyone know why the name "Yassop" that was on Yassop's headband and the word "Anchor" that was originally on Luffy's shirt would be removed from the 4th episode?

And does anyone else find it stupid to edit out showing Zoro having a knife going through his body but he still shows signs of pain fromt this weapon?
Old 2004-11-03, 01:32   Link #149
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, what'd you expect from a stupid dubber (4Kids). They don't want the "kiddies" to see those *ahem* edited out parts of the original version.
Old 2004-11-06, 23:04   Link #150
AnimeNewtype101
Anime/Manga Tensai

Send a message via AIM to AnimeNewtype101
Oh man, I feel just like I've walk right into safe haven............... one question, does anyone know how stupid 4Kids and FoxBox is?

4Kids for killing every single anime they have ever dubbed (Pokemon, Yugioh, Digimon, Dragonball Z, etc.)

FoxBox for getting a licensed to every single shouen anime out there (Shaman King, One Piece, Hikaru no Go, Tennis no Oujisama, basically nearly every single good anime out there!!!)

Do any of these companies or whatever they are even realize that none of these animes even Pokemon and Digimon are meant for kids under 11!!!

However as badly as they messed up my beloved Shaman King, I shudder to think to what they did to One Piece one of the greatest anime's/manga's in the world!!!

I mean Fox5 had to cancel Escaflowne once those fuckin dumbasses finally realized that no matter how much they edit they cannot make that anime a kids thing only............. so how are they badly are they going to butcher One Piece before they realize that this isn't DBZ where you can edit every little thing until the anime becomes crap!!!

No matter how much you edit, there's just too much violence and blood............. and that's just during the Merman Arc alone!!!!!! I really don't want to see the Crocodile Arc or the Sky Island Arc.

Poor One Piece, there should be a law prohibiting anyone from dubbing animes.

You know what, Fuck you FoxBox and 4Kids!!! :fingers: :fingers: :fingers:

Off to hell with all of you and your crappy dubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-11-06, 23:22   Link #151
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Through foolish curiosity, I watched like 5 minutes of today's dubbed episode of One Piece.

The dubbing was the biggest sack of crap that I've ever heard and the music they used to replace the original soundtrack music was just as bad and definently didn't correspond well with the occuring scenes and moods that go along them. The editing was also of course that of the retarded and pointless.

The shock from seeing such crap made it so that my brain took an extra 5 secs to digest the horror that my eyes and ears perceived. I'm guessing that my facial expression and horrified groan was that of a man who just saw something he should have never have seen and this horrific sight forever scaring this man.

They have quite literally turned my beloved and favorite anime One Piece from the perfect way that it was to simply crap piece, as in their editing and stupide ideas have lead to the creation of a piece of crap.

And by the way, even though this may seem harsh, the person in this forum who said that the dub of One Piece was ok or wasn't really that bad, you deserve a 100 smacks to the back of the head and castration through the use of a dull, rusty spoon for your gross understatement the quality of this stupid dubbed version of One Piece that lead me to try to give this crap a chance, that of course was that of failure on its part.

In short f**k 4kids and f**k Foxbox.
Thanks for reading my dissapointed rant and hopefully 4kids will not liscensed another great show and ruin its great entertainment value.
Old 2004-11-07, 03:33   Link #152
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

The dubbing was just awful. I seriously have no idea what to say. The opening theme was crap. Their voices are awful. They cut out as much violence as possible, censor the stupidest things like the "cross" Zor--Zolo was tied to... What are they gonna do with all the lethal weapons? Is Don Kreig gonna shoot stink gas at them? Will Kuro "scratch" everyone with overgrown fingernails? Is Arlong (or the way they're going with Ls and Rs, he will be Alrong ) gonna attack Nami's adoptive mom with one of those gun-hammer things? This anime belongs on Adult Swim, or not on TV at all

I dressed up as Luffy for halloween. One person recognized me and said "Hey, you're that guy who sounds like a 5 year old from that baby show!"

You know what, 4kids? :fingers:
Old 2004-11-10, 09:13   Link #153
myoga
village idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuli-chan
The dubbing was just awful. I seriously have no idea what to say. The opening theme was crap. Their voices are awful. They cut out as much violence as possible, censor the stupidest things like the "cross" Zor--Zolo was tied to... What are they gonna do with all the lethal weapons? Is Don Kreig gonna shoot stink gas at them? Will Kuro "scratch" everyone with overgrown fingernails? Is Arlong (or the way they're going with Ls and Rs, he will be Alrong ) gonna attack Nami's adoptive mom with one of those gun-hammer things? This anime belongs on Adult Swim, or not on TV at all

I dressed up as Luffy for halloween. One person recognized me and said "Hey, you're that guy who sounds like a 5 year old from that baby show!"

You know what, 4kids? :fingers:
Here Here.so far 4 kids may have,and this is MAY have done 1 thing right,and actualy left it so shanks missing arm is shown off his body.but thats about it.
Old 2004-11-10, 11:07   Link #154
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoga
Here Here.so far 4 kids may have,and this is MAY have done 1 thing right,and actualy left it so shanks missing arm is shown off his body.but thats about it.
That's weird. I never saw that episode... 10 minutes in the first one was enough to make me hate them all forever. Plus, I heard that Shanks now has an Irish accent. And now even Shonen Jump has joined their evil ways and decided to change Zoro to Zolo
Old 2004-11-10, 13:11   Link #155
myoga
village idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuli-chan
That's weird. I never saw that episode... 10 minutes in the first one was enough to make me hate them all forever. Plus, I heard that Shanks now has an Irish accent. And now even Shonen Jump has joined their evil ways and decided to change Zoro to Zolo
yes,i heared about shonen jump too. *starts looking for his key to the underworld.*i heard about them keeping the severed arm from my friend.just so happons that was the week my cable was cut off.now,if your not busy,can you help me find my key,i need to dangle the person in charge of the english shonen jump over a boiling volcano.
Old 2004-11-10, 16:03   Link #156
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoga
yes,i heared about shonen jump too. *starts looking for his key to the underworld.*i heard about them keeping the severed arm from my friend.just so happons that was the week my cable was cut off.now,if your not busy,can you help me find my key,i need to dangle the person in charge of the english shonen jump over a boiling volcano.
Just get Mr. 3 to make a key for you. Then you can also throw in whoever is in charge of 4kids for being such an ass, not to mention the president of Fox. That'll show em for cancelling Futurama ...and showing slaughtered anime.
Old 2004-11-10, 19:45   Link #157
Spicy Dimsum
ha gao, please!

watch this? you must be crazy
Old 2004-11-11, 20:34   Link #158
Kouji
StrykerX

Hmm, me thinks what 4Kids' reaction will be when they step foot into this messageboard. Though, no doubt that it won't be a pretty sight.

Well, I'd have to give you guys credit in trying to send an email to 4Kids. Telling them about their actions in their dubbing.
Old 2004-11-11, 21:07   Link #159
Yuli-chan
...that fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Hmm, me thinks what 4Kids' reaction will be when they step foot into this messageboard. Though, no doubt that it won't be a pretty sight.

Well, I'd have to give you guys credit in trying to send an email to 4Kids. Telling them about their actions in their dubbing.
Feh. They'd buy the message board and ban us all or something. >_>

I'd email them, but I don't know who to email. That, and I doubt they'll give a damn.
Old 2004-11-12, 17:05   Link #160
Chamberlain

Yea I of course agree that the dub sucks so bad but I figured if I just ignore it it will go away. Sadly that's not true for the rest of the world.
I told my friend over the phone the other day that I was playing a one piece video game and she was like "you mean that show from fox" and I immediately thought "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Now One Piece will forever be associated with this crap they show on tv to those who weren't loyal fans before hand. Wah it's so sad to think about that. I'd take my badly subtitled Hong Kong Dvds over this dub anyday. I've even made a few fans of OP by showing them these dvds because at least they can still appreciate the original.

Lemme just join in by giving this to 4kids and the rest responsible :fingers: :fingers:
Closed Thread