AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 00:46   Link #141
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well talking from the perspective of someone who did each route in order...

At first it was a bit jarring to see the Maou plot just outright dropped in Tsubaki's route. But really if you think about it in in the main route... Once the mayhem with Maou stops, their lives are left pretty much in tact.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 01:27   Link #142
Metaler

I finished this VN today, and I have to say this is one of the best I've ever read. It kept me on the edge of my seat from beggining to end.

The ending was so.... ahhhhh, I cried so much... Most manly tears I've ever shed. ;A;

Spoiler:

Also, just like most people here, I absolutely love Haru. Easily one of my favorite heroines ever. She's an oddball, but can still be sharp when she needs to, not to mention her hair. XD
She's awesome, even though she never really
Spoiler:

Now I'm wondering what the drama CDs are about. I know it's set between the time period that
Spoiler:

But that's about it.

Is it an extra chapter, akin to Rise from the Ashes from the first Phoenix Wright game?
And is it safe to assume that
Spoiler:
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 11:55   Link #143
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Spoiler for Drama CD:
Old 2011-03-16, 13:50   Link #144
Metaler

Spoiler:
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 12:10   Link #145
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
What I'm wondering about now is will there be a sequel?
Spoiler for blah:
Old 2011-05-04, 13:05   Link #146
larethian

a sequel will spoil it (my personal opinion)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 13:55   Link #147
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering how things were concluded in G Senjou, a sequel is impossible to make, unless they are throwing even worse devices in order to have a "continuity".

If it is something similar to Sharin fandisc, that wouldn't be bad, although I'm actually surprised that Akabeisoft didn't make any FD, despite G senjou was a success (not a blast, but quite praised by the japanese community, IIRC).
Old 2011-05-04, 15:28   Link #148
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering how things were concluded in G Senjou, a sequel is impossible to make, unless they are throwing even worse devices in order to have a "continuity".

If it is something similar to Sharin fandisc, that wouldn't be bad, although I'm actually surprised that Akabeisoft didn't make any FD, despite G senjou was a success (not a blast, but quite praised by the japanese community, IIRC).
I get the impression that you didn't enjoy it that much .

I'm a fanboy of this VN, as I always enjoy cynical bastards with style.
Old 2011-05-04, 19:58   Link #149
Seitsuki
Onee!

Right? Beats the standard vapid clueless or skirtchaser protagonist archtypes found in most other VN anyday. I mean, imagine if it was Kyousuke in School Days instead or something. (wait, on second thoughts that might be a very bad idea >_> )

I'm just sad about the lack of merchandise for this. It performed very well in sales and reception, but there's hardly anything for it. All the focus being heaped only on series with an anime adaption makes me very sad. *goes off and orders another bundle of Touhou doujins*
Old 2011-05-05, 11:54   Link #150
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I get the impression that you didn't enjoy it that much .

I'm a fanboy of this VN, as I always enjoy cynical bastards with style.
I did enjoy it, as far as you could see with my review. The only problem is that I have a utter problem with companies milking a franchise with retconning and other lame devices, which G senjou doesn't need.

I should have put "worst" not "worse" there.
Old 2011-05-05, 12:48   Link #151
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I did enjoy it, as far as you could see with my review. The only problem is that I have a utter problem with companies milking a franchise with retconning and other lame devices, which G senjou doesn't need.

I should have put "worst" not "worse" there.
Ah, now that I see your review, tis true .

Yeah, I agree that anything beyond a fan disc like Sharin probably should never be made. The story concluded on a beautiful note already, no need to ruin that.

What I really want is to get an anime adaption of this story. Though I do wonder if they'd be able to capture the awesomeness of this VN. I wouldn't want them to change the OST all that much really for one thing.
Old 2011-05-05, 13:41   Link #152
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I would rather have a remake with more CGs and new music. Somewhat disappointed that the actual Air on G is not presented in the game.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:17   Link #153
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
I just finished playing it few days ago and G-Senjou no Maou is indeed a nice game. Someone recommended it to me with special notation of how awesome Haru as a character is and since I love unique and fun characters, I can say Haru clearly delivered. Tho its a shame side routes very pretty much tacked on at the very last moment, since other girls also showed some promise. BTW the game itself was quite uneven with (from time to time) some flawed logic, plot-holes, generic CG and long descriptions of bullshit no one cares about , while on the other hand coming up with great action sequences, genuine laughs, beautiful hand-painted illustrations and unique characters + few recognizable voices.
Special mention goes to the translation team - they did a great job
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:31   Link #154
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I wouldn't know, I never read it with the patch.

But, that's certainly not very nice. It takes a helluva long time to translate these.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:31   Link #155
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I personally liked the translation job a lot. Don't know what the complaints are about.
Old 2011-05-15, 15:33   Link #156
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Well, complaining about translations is just as 'trollish' as they might happen to be. After all, it's an enterprise which sinks a lot of time with no personal material benefit.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:39   Link #157
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You call that a 'great job'? I call that a trollish, amateur, frustrating-to-read job.
Hmm, strange, I found it easy to read and funny. Maybe I just except games to be enjoyable and fun rather than lectures about obscure things.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:48   Link #158
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Feel free to point out what you disagree with, or what would be those so "frustrating to read" stuff (man wtf?).
Old 2011-05-15, 15:54   Link #159
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Sorry, my mistake. I should have known better than to be negative on the Internet.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:56   Link #160
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sorry, my mistake. I should have known better than to be negative on the Internet.
Being negative is fine, but you should point out examples so we can understand where you're coming from.