AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-10-31, 14:51   Link #101
rothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovu79
Anybody hear anything about Onegai Friends. I know it's suppose to be some sort of "Drama CD" but I have't heard anything else about it.
Onegai Friends is a side story of Onegai Twins. The offical title of the drama cd is "Onegai Twins: Another Story - Onegai Friends." I listened to this a couple of weeks ago. The story centers on Futaba and Akina, Karen's and Mina's classmates from episode 5 of Onegai Twins. They had a very small role in the anime, but had more exposure in the three Onegai Twins drama cds. Contrary to some assumptions, the story of Onegai Friends in not about shoujo-ai. Here's a short summary:
Spoiler:

Like I said, it's really a simple short story. It doesn't have any extraordinary circumstance like Onegai Teacher or Onegai Twins. I don't see how it can be made into 13 episodes. It looks like just a little attempt to milk a little more money out of the franchise. It's not a bad story, just a little cliched.
rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 20:33   Link #102
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
heehehe it would be a failure oav or tv series ..or whatever they want them to make hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar
Onegai Friends is a side story of Onegai Twins. The offical title of the drama cd is "Onegai Twins: Another Story - Onegai Friends." I listened to this a couple of weeks ago. The story centers on Futaba and Akina, Karen's and Mina's classmates from episode 5 of Onegai Twins. They had a very small role in the anime, but had more exposure in the three Onegai Twins drama cds. Contrary to some assumptions, the story of Onegai Friends in not about shoujo-ai. Here's a short summary:
Spoiler:

Like I said, it's really a simple short story. It doesn't have any extraordinary circumstance like Onegai Teacher or Onegai Twins. I don't see how it can be made into 13 episodes. It looks like just a little attempt to milk a little more money out of the franchise. It's not a bad story, just a little cliched.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:43   Link #103
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What's a Drama CD? Is it something like a book on tape?
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 16:24   Link #104
rothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Yeah, it's kinda like a book on tape. The contents can vary a lot tho. In my experience, most drama cds cover stories that were never animated, or even in the original manga. Most use the same seiyuu that the anime used, but not all of the time. Some have a bunch of tracks that consists of short stories, other have one long story throughout the whole cd. In the case of the Onegai Twins cds, they had a bunch of very silly and funny skits in each track. The events in the first cd occur during the same timeline as the anime, the later cds occur after the anime ends. The Onegai Friends drama cd is much more serious tho. It's like a story where each track is a chapter.
rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 16:46   Link #105
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Something like that. It is like a radio drama where the story is told entirely through speach without images. At least two anime drama CDs have been subbed (with still images added) and are listed on AnimeSuki, so if you want to hear an example of what one is like you can download one of these:
Twelve Kingdoms Drama CD
Evangelion Audio Drama

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 01:07   Link #106
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar

If that's what the series turns out to be... all I can say is

oh...

<insert your favorite synonym for feces here>!!!

That storyline sounds terrible. One thing that OT did better than OT was the inclusion of the Sci Fi, and one thing that OT did better than OT was the new characters and plot twist. It sounds like the new series will have neither. I thought they would have refined what really works in OT/OT for this third series.

However, there's a good chance it will turn out ok, and I can hope that it will turn out great.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 07:00   Link #107
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Spoiler for Possible image to a new Onegai show?:

Don't say I remember seeing this in any of the two established Onegai series'
Old 2004-11-08, 07:58   Link #108
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Spoiler for Possible image to a new Onegai show?:

Don't say I remember seeing this in any of the two established Onegai series'
Holy -- ! Now that's what I call a teaser. For some reason, that dark-haired woman with the eyeglasses reminds me of another character from some other series. Hmmm. I guess that happens nowadays, but still--care to tell us where you found those images?

Perhaps it's a small special from the Japanese dvds? Or it could be fan-made...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 14:12   Link #109
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

They were floating around 4chan, but due to the quality, something tells me they aren't fan-made. I mean, the one with the dark-haird "Mizuho" and the old guy doesn't look quite on a level that a fan would make, even in the high level stuff.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 14:23   Link #110
choia

That's a OT spoof in Dokkoida. Which is extremely good and you should watch it.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1..._miyako_n.html

Onegai Friends is a drama CD and will probably stay that way. Yes many drama CDs get turned into anime. But many drama CDs also stay drama CDs.
choia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 02:35   Link #111
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Well many Onegai fans will want it yellow (Elevated Risk), hehe...

My prediction:
Girl X falling in love with Girl Y, but then Girl Y is 'straight' and is going to have a boyfriend later...
I think what will happen, is that Either Girl X/y will also a childhood friend Boy Z, Boy Z will have fealings for girl X/y, only to get dumped in the end, once X/Y share their true fealings to each other..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 05:27   Link #112
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun
I think what will happen, is that Either Girl X/y will also a childhood friend Boy Z, Boy Z will have fealings for girl X/y, only to get dumped in the end, once X/Y share their true fealings to each other..
Nope, the real story for Onegai Friends is already stated by rothgar in the first post of this page.

That was just my speculation a long time ago...
Old 2004-11-09, 11:49   Link #113
kobun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Nope, the real story for Onegai Friends is already stated by rothgar in the first post of this page.

That was just my speculation a long time ago...
I should look at the date of the post.. HA.. which was over 6 months ago..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 00:16   Link #114
Kaiko

Onegai Friends

I remember something about a new Onegai Series. I searched Anidb's anime calender and I tried to find it elsewhere. I'm wondering if it really is coming out cause I enjoyed Teacher and Twins very much so. I also found Amaenaideyo!! Katsu!! which the picture kinda looks like osmething that could be an Onegai series. Could anyone give me any updates?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-18 at 01:33. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 00:24   Link #115
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, as far as I knew, this was just the title of the final Onegai Twins Drama CD, which featured a bit of a yuri side story (if I recall correctly - haven't heard it myself yet). (Edit: This is actually incorrect - it's not shoujo-ai - that was only a rumour - see thread link below for details.) That being said, I'd gladly purchase another Onegai anime season on DVD, so I hope they do make another someday! Twins was my favorite of the two, but I enjoyed both.

Edit: Here's another thread for you with more info.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 20:57   Link #116
ellifeedn
Thinker

I saw the two anime series and found them good. I then got curious about this story. Did it get licensed? If not, did it get subbed or whatever you can do with a drama CD?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 23:10   Link #117
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No and no. Sorry.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 17:04   Link #118
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For the love of god just let it go. This will be nothing more than a milking series, honestly Onegai Teacher was great, Twins ummm well lets just say it could have been a hell of a lot better. So now we have Onegai Friends involving two 2 girls. So we go from teacher to twins to Yuri love sigh. I guess this will appeal to some people. But if you just want some girl on girl love then go for it but im sure story will mediocre and full of nothing but fans service.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-11-08 at 17:17.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote