Old 2004-10-21, 15:46   Link #44
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 20:08   Link #45
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

So are those level markers denoters of your powers or what skills you have available or is it something else? I also think that part of what is making beet so powerful is he's got the 5 sagas inside him. Kinda like Naruto with the Kyubi, same idea, but different application.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 23:45   Link #46
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

They denote level of the person at hand. Powers are probably gained proportionate to learning and level (i.e. need to be a certain level before you can memorize another spell). There hasn't been much spell learning in the manga thus far though. Generally, Vandel Busters only have one Saiga a piece because they're the weapons that embody them. Beet is different though because he was given Saiga as opposed to earning one for himself.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 10:30   Link #47
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, he's got 5 I believe, doesn't he? Plus one he'll probubly earn for himself. 6 saiga is insane. hehe. No vandel would have a chance against him.
Old 2004-11-09, 11:47   Link #48
Ero-Senpai
Hm Otaku Sapiens i think?

beet the vandel buster

i was just wondering if any of the fan subbers plan on continueing to sub this series?
Ero-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 15:20   Link #49
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senpai
i was just wondering if any of the fan subbers plan on continueing to sub this series?
The easiest thing to do would just be to goto one of the group's sites and check if the project was dropped. Anime-Keep's web site maintains it's a current project (check "Active Projects" under projects), but of course, with the number of projects they have going, you have to prioritize somehow. Just wait and it'll eventually come out.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 16:46   Link #50
lamer_de

There, episode 04 released...

Btw, it's against the rules of Animesuki to ask when the next ep will be out, but of course you knew that already ^_^

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-11-10, 11:06   Link #51
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler for ep4:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 14:18   Link #52
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

-Pulls hair out- Gaaaaaaaaah! It feels like every episode is 5 minutes long.
DarknessTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 22:38   Link #53
Ero-Senpai
Hm Otaku Sapiens i think?

well lamer, i never asked when the next episode was coming out i asked if they plan on continueing the series which is not against the rules, but you should know that alrdy
Ero-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:17   Link #54
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Beet's Saiga situation is abnormal heh. None of the Saiga he uses is actually his own. So, it begs the question of whether or not he'll lose them and gain his ultimate Saiga (i.e. his own) or if he'll stick to using all 5 throughout the manga series. Knowing the writers though, he'll probably lose them and gain his own towards the end of the series.
Old 2004-11-18, 10:55   Link #55
gtx
On the run~!

Send a message via ICQ to gtx Send a message via MSN to gtx
This series is kinda predictable isn't it? Emphasizing on the rules of the game and applying into the series... Kinda reminds me of Ragnarok on this aspect.

I have read the newest of the manga series (which is quite ahead of the anime) and truthfully speaking it has yet to impress me. It's the usual fight==>get stronger==>meet stronger enemies===>becomes stronger===> gain more comrades===>meet stonger enemies again until the final boss. It's one big cycle happening all over again. Kinda regret buying the manga series.

However, i'm willing to give it more time to impress. i think every generation needs a cool "hero vs bad guys, light against darkness" series. Before this there was dragon quest (and perhaps a few more others) which wasn't so bad. But having seen Dragon quest, this series seems repeatitive.

It's a slightly above average series.. i hope it grows to something more spectacular!!!
gtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 22:44   Link #56
rman0099
On my nut

Personally, i think beet's natural saiga is the same as Zennon's. In the second episode Zennon said "Naturally sleeping alot means....Sould he have it too? That power?" I think he was refering to his own ability to use the excellent blade. So, in essence, Beet already has his saiga. And if not, maybe the writers will make him have some other "legendary saiga" that they'll pull out for dramas sake. I hope its not the latter
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 02:43   Link #57
Hsiehinator

any one know wah happened to ep 5.. ? it was released buh i dun c it anymore anyone know y?
Hsiehinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 03:11   Link #58
jpwong

Well, I read this message while I was in their IRC channel earlier
[19:24:06] <A-K|Belldandy> ** NOTICE: Beet 05 pulled, the file hasn't pass final checking yet. **

So I'm assuming that the file was accidentally released before QC finished with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099
Personally, i think beet's natural saiga is the same as Zennon's. In the second episode Zennon said "Naturally sleeping alot means....Sould he have it too? That power?" I think he was refering to his own ability to use the excellent blade.
I think when he says that, he's refering to the symbol of the strongest buster, the saiga. Not nessessarily his own since it looks like each person has a unique saiga. I think it's Excellion blade, Excellent blade doesn't sound quite right.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:19   Link #59
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I've always translated it as the Excelsion Blade myself although I can't recall the Katakana at the moment.

That said, the series is fairly typical Shounen material (in the fight genre). The same can be said about Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken. However, in a genre that's filled to the brim with such titles, what really defines a series is the journey itself rather than the structure of the journey. It's what made Dai no Daibouken so good as well as The Emblem of Roto. It should be noted that DnD didn't really pick-up until the early teens for tankouban.

As for the Saiga situation, knowing the author and the general genre rules, it is more than likely that the Excelsion Blade is just a placeholder until the hero overcomes a trial to earn his ultimate weapon which truly belongs to the hero. The E-Blade is Zenon's Saiga and it would bust genre conventions if he kept that (or all 5 of them) as his own throughout the series).
Old 2004-11-22, 23:53   Link #60
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Since I don't read the manga, this is probubly a stupid question, but does the manga go kinda like how the anime is going in respect to fights? IE talk, talk, talk, talk, small fight, talk, talk, talk, talk, small fight, talk, kick some tail, talk, talk, talk, small fight, stare, stare, small fight, etc.

It seems to take forever to get through one fight sequence. Of course that's just my opinion.