AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 19:29   Link #21
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Glad you like it. The game will last quite long. You will find the game play very traditional. but will play very smoothly, interactive, and with just about the right difficulty. I am not sure if you can read Japanese, but there are some hints site if you need some information. I am not sure if it is allowed to paste the links here, but feel free to send me a PM.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 16:38   Link #22
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm almost crying how good the game is. Haven't played entertaining RPG in a long time. Just finished the prologue and I'm absolute in love with the game and it's characters. Estelle is such a superb main heroine. I'm interested in anime even more now
Old 2011-04-02, 21:50   Link #23
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

PV for the new Falcom Kiseki game is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJz7K0ZtSUI
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13945130
Old 2011-05-09, 22:31   Link #24
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Website is now open?

Not sure if new, but I hadn't seen it posted yet, so...

There seems to be a cast list on the website along with a splash image, but that's that for now. Here's hoping for the PV soon.
Old 2011-05-09, 22:44   Link #25
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Website is now open?

Not sure if new, but I hadn't seen it posted yet, so...

There seems to be a cast list on the website along with a splash image, but that's that for now. Here's hoping for the PV soon.
/me dances.

My Estelle-chan forever! :3

A somewhat side news: there is a Falcom 30th anniversary character poll:

http://news.dengeki.com/sp/falcom30th/

Top 3 winning characters get figurines .
Old 2011-05-10, 04:56   Link #26
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
nice can't wait to see Estelle animated! hoping for a PV soon

and i guess i would be spoiled in the anime if i didn't play the SC and 3rd game
Old 2011-05-10, 07:33   Link #27
Crimrui
Hollow

If anime keeps that awesome character interaction and ''realistic atmosphere'' feeling that game has, enjoyment is guaranteed. I too am looking forward to PV.
Old 2011-05-27, 20:04   Link #28
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Finally, the PV! Courtesy of floofy, the always awesome Falcom supporter who does a tremendous job on her blog which is pretty much the source in english for Falcom related news.

Anyway, it's looking quite nice. The action scene in particular has some very nice shots, like Joshua running towards the other dude. The arrange of the music is pretty fitting as well. Hype just went up, haha. Now can we get an air date, please, Japan?
Old 2011-05-27, 21:29   Link #29
farios

Sword Emperor FTW!
Old 2011-05-28, 08:02   Link #30
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:

Finally, the PV! Courtesy of floofy, the always awesome Falcom supporter who does a tremendous job on her blog which is pretty much the source in english for Falcom related news.

Anyway, it's looking quite nice. The action scene in particular has some very nice shots, like Joshua running towards the other dude. The arrange of the music is pretty fitting as well. Hype just went up, haha. Now can we get an air date, please, Japan?
thanks!! looks good than anticipated
Old 2011-05-28, 09:11   Link #31
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

The Official Sora no Kiseki Twitter has a tweet saying that they'll be showing the anime in some event next Fall. I guess this means we won't be getting the series until 2012 -- but there's still a chance for an early 2012 premiere, so it's not too bad. Oh well!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-05-28 at 10:36.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 16:20   Link #32
Crimrui
Hollow

Wow, impressive. The animation during the battle is fluid. Have to be frank, I expected this to be on a much lower level.
Old 2011-05-29, 00:56   Link #33
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

character design looks bad though, at least compared to the game.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 19:10   Link #34
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

wow, action scenes looked good, digging the bgm as well.
Old 2011-05-30, 01:15   Link #35
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

BGM is nice indeed (well, no surprises there, seeing they used a remix of one of the original songs, which were always quite pleasing), but i can't say i am thrilled with the character designs. While the backgrounds and animation seemed decent, i find the designs absolutely flat and uninspiring. The characters just look so ... bleak ? The face designs seem to lack inspiration and are very plain, borderline desolate. Ah well ...

One thing this trailed confirms though - they will be covering both the first and the second game within the anime, which is a lot of ground to cover. Here's keeping fingers crossed for 2 cour length, the story is going to need it if they plan on animating both first and second chapters.
Old 2011-05-30, 13:19   Link #36
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:

The trailer looks decent. I am not too concerned about the date as well, but it does give us a general idea how long series planning needs.
Old 2011-05-30, 16:09   Link #37
dark998

Character design isn't exactly the best, but oh well. Better than nothing. Hoshi no Arika instrumental version is great, animation is ok and the presence of Ouroboros' agents confirms SC plot too.

Quite hyped for this now.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 06:15   Link #38
AlaAlba

Ooooo! Eiyuu Densetsu 6 becoming anime? I'll absolutely be watching this when it's out.
Love the trilogy, and the old school rpg style

I still have to play 7(zero no kiseki), sad that Estelle and Yoshua are not the main characters again (though they'll appear later in the game).

Back on anime version, I haven't seen the PV but from that image, the character design is really realy different from the game, Estelle doesn't look like Estelle at all, but if Kanda Akemi is voicing her again then I'll shut my mouth
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 07:45   Link #39
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

While I understand where most people are coming from with the character designs, personally, I don't mind them too much. Very simplified, certainly, but something's gotta give nowadays, and if it means we have to get these simplified designs in order to have some slick animation, I'll cope up with it. That said, it's also good to see that these simplified designs are still fairly consistent. We've got a lot of series these days which will use an artstyle like this that unfortunately seem unable to keep the characters looking like the same people in two different cuts.

Other than that, I dunno. This trailer, like one of the commenters on YouTube said, screams 90s stuff. I just don't see that as a bad thing -- considering Sora is basically a fantastic "oldschool like" RPG, I find it funny (and approve) of decisions like that scene where Estelle is hitting Joshua in the head and we get to see those "lines". Not too common these days, but it's quite charming.
Old 2011-06-04, 16:39   Link #40
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
While I understand where most people are coming from with the character designs, personally, I don't mind them too much. Very simplified, certainly, but something's gotta give nowadays, and if it means we have to get these simplified designs in order to have some slick animation, I'll cope up with it. That said, it's also good to see that these simplified designs are still fairly consistent. We've got a lot of series these days which will use an artstyle like this that unfortunately seem unable to keep the characters looking like the same people in two different cuts.

Other than that, I dunno. This trailer, like one of the commenters on YouTube said, screams 90s stuff. I just don't see that as a bad thing -- considering Sora is basically a fantastic "oldschool like" RPG, I find it funny (and approve) of decisions like that scene where Estelle is hitting Joshua in the head and we get to see those "lines". Not too common these days, but it's quite charming.
I personally do not have any problem with any character and art designs as long as it suits the needs of the series. To me, the designs are fairly decent (at least for now).

However for modern anime, I think attractive art and character (not just art design but also the personality) style do factor strongly in popularity and commercial success. The above statement is not about how things should be, but it is about how things really are in practice.

Tags
adventure, eiyuu densetsu, fantasy, legend of heroes, sora no kiseki, trails in the sky, trails series