Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 17:00   Link #6781
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sc1 2v2 was considered imba since pro gamers always devolved into zerg rush fests, so that zz teams were actually banned! But there were definitely korean pros playing it, and it proved too boring and stale to watch. They're actually saying sc2 2v2 is superior to sc1 by far, though maps help a lot. Sc1 Blizzard maps were actually worse than sc2 maps, if you can imagine.

Of course, I'm just referring to 2v2, 3v3+ is generally trash when it comes to the skill required, and all of them are trash in comparison to playing 1v1 decently. Honestly, playing 1v1 with other forumers just shows how really little I know about how much the game really works.

(Then again, if one is not Korean, you're definitely trash, so there's no really need to worry about skills and which is better)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 18:42   Link #6782
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

2v2 is very map dependent.
Take any separate base maps for example, a very simple TT 5 marine rush (10 together!) will be impossible to stop as they can be out before you can even make a sentry/get speedlings/banelings. You can spine but they can just tuck their marines away from your single spine and shoot away.
Oh, this is not even an all in, as you easily transition into mid game .

1v1s you are protected by a lot of terrain (2s maps often do not offer a safe natural). Rush distances are limited and you are also protected by random spawning.

The 8 base 4 teams map is a good start.

SelecT used to stream his 2v2s, but after his failure in MLG he has not been streaming that much. 2v2s, if no rushes are involved, can be very interesting to watch as you can opt for interesting unit combos such as infestors+HT (116 unescapable damage!)...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 00:26   Link #6783
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
This is why shared base maps are generally better games.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:14   Link #6784
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

GSLST finals tonight! hype hype!
Dreamhack begins tonight! But its in CEST, ie: if you live in EST you are going to be watching starting from like.... 3am~ >.<.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 15:05   Link #6785
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
GSLST finals tonight! hype hype!
Dreamhack begins tonight! But its in CEST, ie: if you live in EST you are going to be watching starting from like.... 3am~ >.<.
Oh good. Early broadcast time. LOLOL
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:40   Link #6786
paladinenvec

Lately i have been winning all my TvT's with 2 racks factory build i only build some siege tanks and add 3 more rax once the exp is up to make mass marines and some medivacs ,basically it's the same marine/tank/medivac that we always see in GSL, the mobility of it it's abusable, well i'm plat/diamond lvl so i think this doesn't work that well with masters but i think that i'm improving a little lol...

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2011-06-17 at 23:51.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:55   Link #6787
Anubis4272

Zerg Rush FTW!!!
Anubis4272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:56   Link #6788
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis4272 View Post
Zerg Rush FTW!!!
which one?xD
Old 2011-06-18, 00:11   Link #6789
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The Zergling rush??
Old 2011-06-18, 00:15   Link #6790
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The Zergling rush??
who knows?? he only said Zerg race, maybe he means 6/8/10 pool or something like that as you said
Old 2011-06-18, 00:48   Link #6791
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Zergs are quite economically powerful. Especially with Hydras & Roaches combo. Dang, I got owned by my friend with that combo when he played as zerg. But still, Terran FTW!!!

All of these real multiplayer stuffs? Dang, I barely played it for months. All I played is custom games. >.<

Anyway, can't wait to look forward for Heart of the Swarm.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 00:50   Link #6792
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I havn't played for quite awhile Probably because I fear playing on a laptop and clearly outdated on the many things people are picking up now.
Old 2011-06-18, 00:54   Link #6793
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Zergs are quite economically powerful. Especially with Hydras & Roaches combo. Dang, I got owned by my friend with that combo when he played as zerg. But still, Terran FTW!!!

All of these real multiplayer stuffs? Dang, I barely played it for months. All I played is custom games. >.<

Anyway, can't wait to look forward for Heart of the Swarm.
since im terran i almost never see hydras and when i see them my tanks melt them, the only unit that i really hate are the mutalisk , they simply don't let you get out of your base, i miss science vessels =/.
BTW people who you think will win GSLST? Polt or MMA, i like both players but my vote goes for MMA since it's Boxer's diciple...
Old 2011-06-18, 01:19   Link #6794
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
since im terran i almost never see hydras and when i see them my tanks melt them, the only unit that i really hate are the mutalisk , they simply don't let you get out of your base, i miss science vessels =/.
BTW people who you think will win GSLST? Polt or MMA, i like both players but my vote goes for MMA since it's Boxer's diciple...
Well, science vessels are campaign-exclusive unit. Raven's defensive drones could have help you.

What's MMA?

Anyway, here's the previews of Heart of The Swarm.

Old 2011-06-18, 01:32   Link #6795
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Yea, hydralisks pretty bad in SC2. The only time they are used in en masse is when P goes for a stargate opener and a ling/hydra comp timing window can exploit it.

Hydras are pretty trash against T and in Zerg the metagame is all about ling/roach/infestor.

Think the introduction of roaches destroyed the hydra as the "go to mass ranged unit" >.<
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 01:44   Link #6796
paladinenvec

Quote:
Well, science vessels are campaign-exclusive unit. Raven's defensive drones could have help you.
Science vessels in Starcraft 1 : Brood war were the " muta defense" they were mobile they could use defense matrix to support units and use irradiate to stop muta harass, ravens with seeker missile are not good since the missile it's really sloooooow and mutas can just go away and come back lol before it actually hits not to mention that it's energy expensive, i think that it was 125 energy? .
And MMA it's Slayers_MMA a Pro player from Korea .

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2011-06-18 at 01:59.
Old 2011-06-18, 03:15   Link #6797
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dreamhack begins.
Old 2011-06-18, 03:33   Link #6798
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Science vessels in Starcraft 1 : Brood war were the " muta defense" they were mobile they could use defense matrix to support units and use irradiate to stop muta harass, ravens with seeker missile are not good since the missile it's really sloooooow and mutas can just go away and come back lol before it actually hits not to mention that it's energy expensive, i think that it was 125 energy? .
Err... I actually said Defensive drones, not Hunter Seeker missiles. Defense drones can help you against range-attack units, which shoot lasers to destroy projectiles.
Old 2011-06-18, 03:47   Link #6799
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Then add 200/200 research for Seeker Missle? (If I'm wrong and it's cheaper, I doubt Seeker is worth the resource/research time anyways)
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 04:01   Link #6800
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Err... I actually said Defensive drones, not Hunter Seeker missiles. Defense drones can help you against range-attack units, which shoot lasers to destroy projectiles.
It may be effective only in the first encounters when mutalisks are only few but when they get their giant muta ball it's when things get difficult ,when you're attacking ,your base gets exposed to them, late game vs zerg it's like that, so i try that the game doesn't get extended too much.
Well the point it's that Ravens actually donīt fill vessels old job xD! but who knows maybe someone find an alternative way to control the zerg more easily it's a strategy game and it's evolving...even Brood War keeps evolving lol...

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows