AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-20, 16:19   Link #1
Ellie97

Action/romance/supernatural anime

I am looking for a very specific anime. One that includes a lot of action and drama, with a lot of fantasy involved. I especially want romance, but one where it is obvious from the beginning who will end up together (usually the one I want the guy to end up with doesn't get him this upsets me!) I love the drama that is in the supernatural/fantasy animes, but I certainly want a lot of romance too. I have been looking for ages for the perfect anime, but I haven't found it.
I haven't watched any animes like this so whatever you recommend, I probably haven't watched it...
Old 2011-06-20, 20:02   Link #2
kitten320

Romeo + Juliet is a perfect choice... you can't get wrong with pairing here
Obviously drama and action and in anime case it involves supernatural stuff, for example they fly on pegasus.

Bunsou Renkin has an obviouse pairing which starts to grow together a bit towards the end of the series but over all their relations improve all the time. Series involve Alchemy so it is supernatural with drama.

Elfen Lied is a gory anime with some nudism. Involves supernatural stuff, romance and action with drama.

Fate/Stay Night the pairing is quiet obviouse as well though you might want to see someone else together. Lots of action, supernatural and has drama.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is a supernatural movie about spirits attacking the Earth. It has action and quiet obviouse pairing/romance.

Ga-Rei Zero is a supernatural show with lots of action and drama, a bit gory. Has romance though it is not the main point of the story but does play huge role in whole conflict.

Inuyasha has several pairings but the main is clear because it is the two main characters. It is a long lasting series so a lot of things happen such as conflicts, romance, drama, action... and obviously a bunch of supernatural stuff.

Mai HiME is another great choice, series have several pairings and almost each one is clear from the begining. Bunch of action and drama (especially in second half of the series) and a lot of supernatural stuff.

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles at first it is a normal military show but later supernatural stuff starts to happen like Valkyria warriors with super powers appearing. Has quiet clear pairing, bunch of action and some drama.

Hopefully some of the series will suit your taste.
Old 2011-06-21, 00:19   Link #3
Elegance

I second Elfen Lied, Buso Renkin and Fate/Stay Night.

Eureka Seven- everything but fantasy. Its a Mecha. Still worth checking out. 50 eps long but you know will pair up. There are 3 couples i guess.

Midori Days- Ehhh not really Action. Just small scenes of school fights. Its about a deliquent whos hand changes into a girl(supernatural?). Sounds stupid huh? Dont let the cover trick you.

Fushigi Yuugi- Fits ur Description. Its a reverse harem

Yu Yu Hakusho- A old and long anime. It was my first anime and definately one of my favorites. It has fantasy, definately action, there is romance.

Elemental Gelade-There is romance and action as well as fantasy. This fits ur description though its kind of two kids. Still there is a kissing scene

Dragonaut The Resonance-This was a alright anime and the romance was a bit sudden. Give it a shot. Its basically a mecha so theres also action.

Tsubasa Chronicles- Theres action definately. You know who likes who but to me theres not a good romance scene.

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World-This could fit ur description

Lunar Legend Tsukihime- if u like vampires

Dance in the vampire bund- If u like vampires(1st ep is pretty boring but the rest is good)

Noein- i didnt finish this but i know theres some supernatural, romance, and some action

Hope u like this List

Last edited by Elegance; 2011-06-21 at 18:13.
Old 2011-06-21, 13:15   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai. It's a series of seven films, each about murders that are taking place through supernatural means. The protagonist is Ryougi Shiki, a girl that has been raised in a family of demon hunters and has the ability to see the death of everything through her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. She also has an almost insatable urge to kill:
Spoiler for sample:
Old 2011-06-21, 15:44   Link #5
Ellie97

These all look brilliant and I will be sure to take a look at these
I forgot to mention that I do not want ANY harem at all, since in my opinion, it's not really romantic... I apologise, I should have been a little clearer in my description
Old 2011-06-21, 18:14   Link #6
Elegance

Edited my post. The reverse harem one was actually pretty romantic.
Old 2011-06-22, 21:47   Link #7
kitten320

No harems in my list
Old 2011-06-22, 23:54   Link #8
sadisticlust

I'd say that Vampire Knight has what you are looking for. It has drama, romance, and a supernatural theme to it. The story is also very good in my opinion. If you decide to watch it you must watch both seasons. In my opinion the second season is the best one but this is because you learn some secrets that were hidden in the first season.