AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 12:58   Link #301
Kyouka
Is Here

is this going to become a ongoing series or just like a 26 episode and dante is awesome
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 14:36   Link #302
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Shinzou overcoming the friske for a short while was nice. Switch and Daisy's battle is awesome, still can't believe he pulled out a win. Roman to the rescue! She should be god at love games.
Old 2011-06-23, 23:41   Link #303
Johnny
Working the bags...

Man, this show just keeps getting better and better. It's been awhile where I've had a blast watching a show from start to finish. Switch and Daisy's banter back an forth had me rolling...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 04:29   Link #304
Serp
Moving along....

The best thing I like about the anime so far, speaking from a manga reader perspective, is that they VA have a real natural flow with their dialouge. It just feels real natural, like the part when Bossun is about to explain why switch was going to win and Himiko pinches him and he stops to react to that. Perfect! Next episode is going to be seriously funny. Roman is one of the funniest characters in this series. The whole series has that Phoenix Wright feel to it, the eccentric cast is what gives it that feel imo.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-06-28 at 11:59. Reason: Let's not spoil future story arcs for the anime only viewers...
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:12   Link #305
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man how did that guy turn down Roman, but Mimori was quite cute as well. Shocking that Bossun's concentration mode didn't work and they lost. Was worried that the president would go through with kicking Bossun out. Luckily he's actually a nice guy and let him stay and lol that he gave Yabasawa the 3-mouth.
Old 2011-06-30, 12:08   Link #306
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The first half of the episode was so great, I ended up watching it 3 times before moving on to the final match lol Roman had cracked up the Roman Vision to 11, and by gods was it glorious to watch! Keiichiro Kawaguchi is becoming among my favorite comedy directors, as Act. 176, while fun as hell in the manga, left my sides hurting here (that and he managed to really make Acts 80-95 more watchable). Excellent stuff.

Mimori is really cute as well (and having a nice rack helps too) unfortunately her inability to separate monetary matters from emotional ones can be quite problematic But Roman is simply the Goddess of Shojo, so there wasn't any competition between the two to start with.

The final match was a really fun parody of Yu-Gi-Oh! specifically, the second match between Yugi and Kaiba during the Death-T finale. It was really cool to see Bossun use his mind to memorize each card and turn the tables around, but Agata was simply one step ahead of him and foreseen his comeback. It all works out in the end when he decided to just forget the bet, but I think it might have worked a bit better in the manga since Agata had a different reason for not pursuing the matter.

Nice way to end the first 13 episodes of the show. These episodes were really such a blast to watch, and hopefully we continue on to have the comedy going crazier in the future (and more Roman!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh man how did that guy turn down Roman, but Mimori was quite cute as well.
Well

Spoiler for manga/stuff omitted from the anime.:
Old 2011-06-30, 12:28   Link #307
Blaat

I admit I didn't care much for Roman when I read the manga but thanks to the anime she's now my favourite character.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:11   Link #308
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Roman's scene animated totally delivered . Oh man i laughed so hard.

Bossun and Agata's battle had horrible pacing. Was so obvious they wanted to fit it all into the remaining part of the episode. Ah well. Was wondering how they were gonna cover the rules for the game (the rules are about 4 pages long in the manga ).

Glad to see the anime is carrying on with some of the best stories in the first half of the manga. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I admit I didn't care much for Roman when I read the manga
Madness.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:16   Link #309
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor Roman. She really went all out and lost just because they needed the final showdown. Without a doubt it was her win with her cranking the dial up. In order to make a severely average guy like that into her ideal she had to brink the level up. Though I have to say both have quite the ability to make auras float around the stadium . "Stephanie!!!!"

Quite the showdown with Bossun and the Council President. An actual loss for Concentration Mode. Of course when you think about it the tactic was solid. The odds of being checked on the first card were low and it'd be far too early for Concentration Mode to be used either. The perfect time to get things done. Still quite the good effort and bringing his the A game to this match. The first loss for that mode, but the President when serious is some kind of monster so it's understandable.

Some interesting questions created though as to why Bossun created Sket-dan in the first place. Have gotten some information about the past with Himiko and less with how he helped Switch out.
Old 2011-06-30, 16:40   Link #310
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Spoiler for manga/stuff omitted from the anime.:
Boobs or money, which was one is more alluring to men? Both the anime and manga's interpretation work, in my opinion

That said, I would have chose Roman in a heartbeat too. She is such a lovable (fake) klutz <333. I kind of would have wanted to see the omitted 174 acts, but it might have been a tiny bit too long

The Pixie battle was entertaining, but everytime Bossun puts his google, I recall the face he made when he declared he had powers of concentration to the mangaka voiced by Furuya and I bust out laughing. I already found it hard to take that power seriously, now I find it impossible

Agata's got a pretty nasty personality indeed, but he's clearly a good guy deep down. He raised some interesting questions about the Sket Dan, which I'm hoping to see answered soon.
Old 2011-06-30, 19:57   Link #311
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The fourth wall breaking by Roman isn't as effective in the anime.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 13:31   Link #312
taichi-kun

Roman is great !! she is really cute and funny .... himeko you have a rival for bossun

The final battle... I felt it rushed... I don't know why... maybe I should read the manga ...

Agata is like a monster .. now I don't know if he is a good or bad guy
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 13:34   Link #313
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Agata is like a monster .. now I don't know if he is a good or bad guy
After that last scene in the credits, it should be obvious.
Old 2011-07-01, 14:39   Link #314
larethian

as always, the Roman filter (capable of causing Roman to be deluded about the guy) and the Roman aura (capable of causing others to be 'deluded' about Roman) work magnificently.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 16:13   Link #315
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

has it been announced how many eps this is going to be?
Old 2011-07-01, 20:38   Link #316
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
has it been announced how many eps this is going to be?
It's a TV Tokyo show airing @ 6:00PM which is the same time slot as Bleach and Gintama. It isn't confirmed but judging based on past shows as well as a scene in the ED I'm fairly confident in saying it has a one year run. Now that one year run can get extended just like D.Gray Man did (same timeslot and channel) and Fairy Tail (TV Tokyo as well)

I would be content with 1 year but I'm hoping for in excess of 2.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:35   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'd be pleased with 1 year, and anything else would be a bonus. With one year, the show can cover the material that would be needed to make an anime only watcher satisfied. There is some seriously good material later on though , so it would be nice to see this adaptation going on for a long time.
Old 2011-07-02, 02:38   Link #318
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'd be pleased with 1 year, and anything else would be a bonus. With one year, the show can cover the material that would be needed to make an anime only watcher satisfied. There is some seriously good material later on though , so it would be nice to see this adaptation going on for a long time.
I think this decision will mainly be made based on how much the anime increases manga sales in Japan (i.e. DVD sales are irrelevant).

In another 3 months, if Sket Dance's manga sales go up 3-4 tics in the monthly rankings, I'd expect them to renew it for a second year.

Fairy Tail continued to a second year because the anime helped push the manga up into the top 5 (when before it was around 15-10..).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 04:31   Link #319
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well the anime hype bumb was decent enough, quoting myself from when Vol 18 came out.

Quote:
Sket Dance Vol 16's first two weeks.. (Dec 2010)
*9, *58,315 *,135,141 Sket Dance vol.16

Sket Dance Vol 17's first two weeks.. (Feb 2011)
*5, *58,249 *,144,938 Sket Dance vol.17

Sket Dance Vol 18's first week. (April 2011)
*7, 139,022 *,139,263 SKET Dance vol.18
Now I'll see what Vol 18 did the second week....

#21 Sket Dance #18 (33,879/173,142) (Shonen Jump)

So only really a 30k bump when you take into account the first fortnight, Vol 19 is coming out this month though so we'll see what the anime has done for it.

As for 2011 so far Sket Dance has ranked 15th, Top 10 was posted on ANN but 11-20 was on 2ch.. so take @ face value.

Spoiler for Manga Top 30 for Novemeber 22 2010 - May 22 2011:

Probably finish 14th for 2011. Should overtake Reborn and FMA but will get passed by Blue Exorcist 100%. But yeah take 11-20 on that list @ face value....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 04:49   Link #320
larethian

as always, despite the love I have for it, it's still insane to look at One Piece's numbers...

BOT: a bump is still a bump. and the numbers are verifiable, but I'll leave it to someone else
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen