Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 11:10   Link #21
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Yeah i thought that was supposed to kill him
It will increase the rate QB eats into his chakra. What Bee said was that he shouldn't use it (as opposed to "couldn't). lol translations?

In any case, I fully figure Naruto will either be weakened or near death after this interlude.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 11:39   Link #22
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Those new Rasengan moves are pretty crazy.

But since when can he summon different huge frogs?
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 12:03   Link #23
Kallen4life

sure hope that mass shadow clone bites him in the ass

but the new rasengans are alright

soo Zetsu = tree ? lol

and boy Hashirama sure is popular ^^ EVERYONE HAS A PIECE ^^

I do miss my weekly 1-2 page Itachi/Nagato bromance though =/
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 12:07   Link #24
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

For me chapter was amusing more than anything else.

Finger shuriken FTW! Indeed.

I can only hope his stomping isn't exclusive to white zetsus and some of it is reserved for the some of the host dudes or anyone of name.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:07   Link #25
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Like Jiraiya, the contract with frogs allows him to summon different frogs: Gamakichi, Gamabunta, Gamatatsu, Gamahiro, etc.

OK... Kishi... i liked what i read today, silly or not, it's always good to see this type of action.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:07   Link #26
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

W-whoa...
Seriously that was cool ! I mean, Naruto is looking kinda badass there when he utterly destroyed his enemies without sweating Couple it with his teleportation ability, he could be a match to Sasuke right now :P

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 12:14   Link #27
Fran~
floating away...

It would be "funny" if Naruto reachs Sasuke to find out that he has no hostility at all
Old 2011-06-29, 12:17   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Those were some pretty sweet moves Naruto pulled off. He's definitely become tremendously stronger. Too bad he hasn't gotten any smarter. He's falling head first into Madara's trap. This chapter signed Bee's death warrant. He'll have to sacrifice his life to protect that idiot once he runs out of chakra (with the amount of clones he made, it will happen fast).
Old 2011-06-29, 12:23   Link #29
Kallen4life

if Bee dies for Naruto there'll be RAAAAAAAGE on da internets
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 12:29   Link #30
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
if Bee dies for Naruto there'll be RAAAAAAAGE on da internets
There is always rage for something on da internets.... so "bee" it
Old 2011-06-29, 12:33   Link #31
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Like always, Kishi leaves me a bit annoyed when Naruto shows the result of his training. Specifically, as I understood it, Naruto couldn't make normal Rasengans in RM Mode since it basically becomes a Tailed Beast Bomb, and thus what Naruto had spent the night training for was the Tailed Beast Bomb.
Yet apperently, I was misstaken, which is well and good, but what really bothers me is that Naruto now can make six Rasengans, instantly, without breaking a sweat; without Kage Bunshins. Prior to recieving Bee's training, Naruto needed Kage Bunshins to make even the simplest of Rasengans, because he needed to divide the task involved in making a Rasengan: he couldn't focus on both things at once, and thus he needed a clone to do part of the job.

Well, it is what it is, but I wish Kishi hadn't given Naruto such an extremely significant boost in (all) his abilities in a very short period of time (ala Sage Mode), but rather had spread out Naruto's development better.

That being said, apart from Naruto, I enjoyed the chapter. Madara looked badass with his jin/Pein in tail, and it was nice to finally get some information/confirmation on the mysterious Zetsu.
Wisshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 13:26   Link #32
Ero-Senn1n

This was a chapter to hype Naruto's power, and it was really great at that
After all that happened in the past i didn't expect that Kishimoto will give to Naruto all these great moves off screen, that was what he used to do with Sasuke only (last time giving him the hawk summon with no explanation). So it was really nice to see that Kishimoto stopped handicapping Naruto, but this also means that his current enemies will be stronger and smarter than all these of the past. Of course this is confirmed by Shikaku too, Sasuke will go for the kill with every of his moves, while in Naruto's case it's not clear if he will use full power during the fight (his emotions and stuff), so it's the reverse situation than the Pain vs Naruto, where Naruto went for the kill and Pain held back to not accidentally kill the precious demon host. There Pain was stronger than Naruto, here if Naruto is weaker than Sasuke he will die, so Kishimoto cannot afford that.

I think this mass kagebunshin is not a problem if Naruto can kill the zetsus fast enough so that he doesn't loose to much chakra and he can then disspell the KB jutsu so that the chakra returns to his original body (as opposed to the clone being destroyed when the user just loses that chakra). These Zetsu clones are very weak, Naruto should be done in minutes, and killing the clones will be just a nice warmup for him, the real battle begins when the clones are all destroyed.

Seing all these epic moves used with such ease i'm not even sure any more that Naruto didn't already combine sage mode with kyuubi mode. Sage mode could also help him because the sage chakra boost can also stand against the kyuubi chakra acting as his own chakra, and so allowing him to have more clones.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 13:27   Link #33
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
Like always, Kishi leaves me a bit annoyed when Naruto shows the result of his training. Specifically, as I understood it, Naruto couldn't make normal Rasengans in RM Mode since it basically becomes a Tailed Beast Bomb, and thus what Naruto had spent the night training for was the Tailed Beast Bomb.
Yet apperently, I was misstaken, which is well and good, but what really bothers me is that Naruto now can make six Rasengans, instantly, without breaking a sweat; without Kage Bunshins. Prior to recieving Bee's training, Naruto needed Kage Bunshins to make even the simplest of Rasengans, because he needed to divide the task involved in making a Rasengan: he couldn't focus on both things at once, and thus he needed a clone to do part of the job.
I believe instead of using KB, he was using the Kyuubi chakra arms to create the Rasengans.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 13:33   Link #34
Lunarskylar

i'm creeped out, because i was bored last week... and thinking of naruto fanfic in my head (as I do when I'm bored) and i thought to myself, wouldn't it be amazing if Naruto could compress the Rasenshuriken to be a regular shuriken, then combine it with the kage bunshin shuriken jutsu...

then i was trying to figure out what to call it? would it be Fuuton: Chibi Kage Bunshin Rasenshuriken? Fuuton: Chibi Rasengarenshuriken?

Then i thought to myself, phrff such foolishness is fanfic and nothing more, you'll never see anything close in canon at all

I guess kishi likes mocking me

On a serious tone, usually i really love watching naruto be badass because he's such an underhyped underdog compared to sasuke, but this doesn't really impress or excite me :S
I thought trying the rasengan in Kyuubi mode turned it into a tailed beast bomb, I don't understand why kishi is contradicting himself despite the fact that her drew the art for the rasengan riot before he established the plot point about the rasengan tail beast bomb O.O

And I guess the fact that it's all just odd rasengan techniques angers me, even though technically all the characters use a variation of the same technique (All They Have Is a Hammer Indeed) But the english translations just make it sound dumb, like Rasengan Vacuum -___- (but Rasenkyuugan ok that sounds bad ass)

Over all i'm not really feeling the whole Awesome in this crowning moment... what's Naruto's code name going to be in the future? Konoha's green thumb? Naruto of the Gardeners?
I guess i like the whole, I have multiple body parts to do whatever I want kept from the original kyuubi mode
Old 2011-06-29, 13:37   Link #35
MinuSeveN
Lurker with free time

Finally some action! I think it wasn't that good compared to other battles (even if this was beat-the-zetsus-just-to-show-the-readers-naruto-hasn't-wasted-his-one-day-training), I found it lacking in actual fighting. It was pretty much "Naruto shows off". Very much obviously.
And the moves weren't particularly impressive... It felt like Kishi wasted that part. Still, better than before.

The Madara development was interesting but not unexpected nor surprising. Make the Boss character look invincible so that the heroes can beat him up. (bonus points if the hero makes up with his rival and team-up) So, not interesting.

Quote:
Theoretically, ever since he summoned the frog contract. He only started showing it after the timeskip though.

And yes, the Finger Rasenshuriken. I laughed. Can't wait to see that animated.
Old 2011-06-29, 13:57   Link #36
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Those new Rasengan moves are pretty crazy.

since he signed the contract and when he came to fight pain in sage mode
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 14:11   Link #37
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
Didn't he make one with only one hand with only 2-3 tails back at the battle at the waterfall? If anything, he has gotten worse at it. Using chakra to make chakra. lolwut
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 14:22   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n

There was one mystery added in this chapter: when Tsunade realizes that Madara uses the cells of the 1st hokage in his body she tells that Madara is immortal. Why do the cells of the 1st hokage make someone immortal? And if so, what about the 1st hokage or Yamato? The 1st defeated Madara and was said to be the strongest ninja of his time, so why did he die then if his cells made his body so durable? Was he assassinated by Madara later? Is Yamato immortal? Doesn't look so. Again we see Madara and Orochimaru in the same context, it seems that Orochimaru discovered Madara's secrets to some extent, so it's no wonder why Kabuto knows all these things, he is just using what Orochi left him. If Orochimaru did know so many things about Madara and other secrets of the past then maybe he also had some other secret reasons to attack Konoha, because he wanted to obtain something that was in Konoha's hands. That would be a better reason for attacking Konoha than the ones he gave when asked.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 14:57   Link #39
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Clearly, Oonoki killed Hashirama with his Dust Style Molecular Dismantling jutsu. That's why finding his cells is apparently a huge deal.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 15:09   Link #40
Fran~
floating away...

What i remember is that Madara has Hashirama's body in his base, Madara even said he "is still living", but in reality he grew that "body" from samples of tissue that he got in their battles. (ch 512)

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion