AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 22:36   Link #32301
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Heh, as RB said, it's cute that Lutecia's injuries immediately mark it as 'Verse...but Burning Glory should have been the immediate "tell"; he's RB's creation for Vivio's device in the Shadowverse stories (since this was back when ViVid hadn't come along and we writers had to all invent a Device for her in our "Vivio grows up and becomes a magical girl!" stories).
I still think it says something about me, though, when a clear mark of the Shadowverse isn't the fact that Burning Glory is Vivio's Device, but the fact that in the course of some action or mission, Lutecia ended up with an injury.

EDIT: Pageclaim for recognizing 'verses!
Old 2011-07-06, 22:56   Link #32302
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd remark for those of us who aren't parents could just as easily draw examples from our own parents, but then I remember that as far as I know, I'm the only person I know didn't have parent issues of single parents or divorce or the like. :k
I have no parent issues either. They've been married for 27 years and still going even after 5 kids. There are bumps but nothing particularly note worthy. Honestly I hold them as my standard for how I portray romantic relationships.

Anyways, one doesn't need to have experience in something to be able to write about it. I'm a 24 year old virgin who's never been kissed, never been on a date, and never even had a girl tell him she liked him yet that doesn't stop me from writing romance.

How well I write said romance is debatable
Old 2011-07-06, 23:10   Link #32303
blissfullyunaware

I’d like to take this opportunity to point out that you don’t need to actually have the experience to write about it. I mean, we are all writing about magical girls, and epic battles, and families with clones, etc. It just has to come across in a believable way, right?
blissfullyunaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 23:13   Link #32304
blissfullyunaware

Sorry for the double post, but
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'm a 24 year old virgin who's never been kissed, never been on a date, and never even had a girl tell him she liked him yet that doesn't stop me from writing romance.:
My kiss meant nothing to you

Here, have a romance, of sorts...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7038183/1/I_remember
blissfullyunaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 23:43   Link #32305
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
The wrap-up begins.

Red 1-55

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - 56:
Downed by simple blood loss huh?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 23:47   Link #32306
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Spoiler for The Two Goddesses:

... And we have come to the end of my reserves. Chapter 11 is not done as I am reading on some professional card tricks (Believe it or not, it is a pain to learn cheating), and figuring on the next few things I want to write on. At the moment I'm still trying to successfully start off the card fight itself, a bit of writer's block here...

I noticed my sentences tend to be a little blocky, or is it just my imagination?

Writing Chapter 10 has been a... pleasure I guess. Too bad I never got feedback from Aki on the final draft, I dunno why lol (Noo, please don't mention the first, it's too... lyrically embarassing!).
Old 2011-07-06, 23:53   Link #32307
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Writing Chapter 10 has been a... pleasure I guess. Too bad I never got feedback from Aki on the final draft, I dunno why lol (Noo, please don't mention the first, it's too... lyrically embarassing!).
Heh, sorry it's just that i guessed that it was a romantic comedy about Hayate(with all the Hayate x Vivio vibes ongoing the last weeks) i never imagined Signum had a significant part on it, probably i will give it a read and then give you my opinion(don't worry i'm not harsh on Signum on any other aspect aside of her portraying in battle).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 00:15   Link #32308
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Oh. Er, actually, I meant Eagle (Her nick is Aki). And er, I didn't focus on Signum. Maybe I should've added a 'Hayate Only' tag in front. My story was meant as a serious tragedy and not romantic comedy, although romance is introduced in this latest chapter. Hope I clear some of your confusion.
Old 2011-07-07, 00:46   Link #32309
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
The wrap-up begins.

Red 1-55

Why does counting up all the injuries after battle make me feel ten times sadder about them, particuly Hayate's and what will happen to Luna. Not to mention Lina and Nanoha.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 01:11   Link #32310
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
It's been a while since I've done one of these.
But here we go.

ZA WARUDO! BACKLOG! BREAKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I quite enjoyed this, it's a very interesting angle on events. I really liked the description of the empire, it's in stark cotrast to comman depictions of the Belkan empire and still manages to appear like a logical and efficient form of government... even if it was somewhat uninformed as to the concept of individuality. Oddly I don't see her as evil, I probably should but I don't. What are children reffered to as if they don't have names? Is it just a number or something. or their designation.

The way Childa became Mid-Childa would have amused me if it wasn't such a serious situation at the time. I did especially like the way all of these events influence events that we already know of. Also how is this being written from inside a prison on Jupiter anyway?
She's breaking the fourth wall, talking to the reader directly instead of actually talking to someone in her universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Finally posted A Parent's Job with an added note.
I liked it :3

Quote:
Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5 (Part 1), Chapter 5 (Part 2), Chapter 6

The next few chapters would be more... solid.
This was very good. Seeing Hayate breaking to the point of snapping and making Vita feel bad is something to be seen.

Quote:
Time for something else! Cross-posted from the OCT.

Chapter 1

MAGICAL GIRL LYRICAL NANOHA:
THE COLLARED

Spoiler for Chapter 2:
:O That was very good! Very exciting

Quote:
Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5 (Part 1), Chapter 5 (Part 2), Chapter 6, Chapter 7

An almost peaceful day. Almost.
Holy shit. That was very awesome. Very moving~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Anime Expo was tiring.

But now, back to writing.
You're a bastard and I hate you <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
I mostly attended industry panels and wandered around the dealer's room; nothing outright amazing other than only one Nanoha cosplay (a pair of girls as Nanoha and Fate). Hearing loss never felt so good at the Mikunopolis concert, and I learned about a few future localizations that I will look forward to. I helped out at a few dealer booths, and got some nice freebies as a result.

All the while, I pondered things to write. Unfortunately, very few ideas could be used for Nanoha-related fics.
Wasn't the Hatsune Miku U.S. concert supposed to be at Animexpo?

Quote:
Personally, I'm on the belief that Nanya made a pact with a Mazoku for such update speed.
It could just be Nanya's Inherent Skill: Unlimited Story Works

Quote:
Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5 (Part 1), Chapter 5 (Part 2), Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8

[SPOILER="The Two Goddesses"]
Chapter 9

To put it very shortly, Hayate's spanking a spoiled girl's ass. Or should I say woman, but well, that sounds kinda weird so...

One more chapter left before I stop, as the Chapters after 10 will be the end. They're still in progress, and I had my hands full trying to write the epic card cheating war between Lutecia and Hayate. I'm sure the end product would sound lame (Like trying to write with a Death Star aiming at you), but I'm trying. =.="

I'm currently reading 'Kara no Shoujo' just to beef up some inspiration and to remind myself my favorite writing style: Gore and Torture. I enjoy nothing more but presenting body parts in creative ways, and the victims must be innocent idiots who are so full of confidence and hope and young and... Ah, sorry, here's your leg. Watch me stepping it flat and squishy, and oh, don't faint just yet, we're just halfway pulling out your intestines from your a***. AHAHAHAHA!

Jokes aside, I do hope my imagination of a unique, One and Only disaster does not fall short of expectation. A disaster as natural as body splitting disease...

And oh, Chapter 10 is Yuuno/Hayate's spotlight.
I liked that very much <3. Was hoping we'd see clone!Nanoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I bringeth ye a fic!

Spoiler for Take Your Best Shot:

Spoiler for VMOT!:
That was entertaining. I miss some things because I'm not really up to date with the Nanofic community but I get it

Quote:

... And we have come to the end of my reserves. Chapter 11 is not done as I am reading on some professional card tricks (Believe it or not, it is a pain to learn cheating), and figuring on the next few things I want to write on. At the moment I'm still trying to successfully start off the card fight itself, a bit of writer's block here...

I noticed my sentences tend to be a little blocky, or is it just my imagination?

Sooo.... GOOD END? :O Srsly though it was a good ending. Good job!
Old 2011-07-07, 01:21   Link #32311
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Nah, I wish it was the end but there are still two or more chapters before that... Very long ones.

I had to change a few things to make that end of C10 logical, since I was trying to stuff in some cool quotes but failed horrendously in the end. Sob.

I had Hayate singing at one point. Thank god I deleted it.
Old 2011-07-07, 01:26   Link #32312
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Alright, so here's the first scene of the first chapter of my fanfic. It's got a name now and everything!

I will lead my friends against all odds. Even if it kills me.
I will protect the one I love. I will sacrifice myself for her.
I will show everyone what it means to live. If I must die, then so be it.
I will protect she who brought me back to life. I will die for her.
I will return to life and take my rightful place as ruler. I will kill everyone to do it.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: The Ghost of Al-Hazared
Spoiler for Prologue, Scene I:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

One last thing: This story is brought to you by Miku Hatsune, because I've been listening to Vocaloid constantly while writing.
Old 2011-07-07, 02:10   Link #32313
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Finally got Kyrie's personality down [a contrast from Amitie]... airhead (yeah she has idiot hair), cool (I think Homura-like? or Mami-like? or a flirtatious girl with tons of experience in the battlefield?) and cynical (wait, what?)
Old 2011-07-07, 02:34   Link #32314
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Alright, so here's the first scene of the first chapter of my fanfic. It's got a name now and everything!

I will lead my friends against all odds. Even if it kills me.
I will protect the one I love. I will sacrifice myself for her.
I will show everyone what it means to live. If I must die, then so be it.
I will protect she who brought me back to life. I will die for her.
I will return to life and take my rightful place as ruler. I will kill everyone to do it.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: The Ghost of Al-Hazared
Spoiler for Prologue, Scene I:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

One last thing: This story is brought to you by Miku Hatsune, because I've been listening to Vocaloid constantly while writing.
Well okay, first thing first: Clean up your story. Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.

Second, apart from being OC the story also looked like it would be OOC. You have to be careful.

Third, perhaps it was just me, but my impression of everyone's age was that of StrikerS or post-StrikerS, even if they're not. I dunno why.

Fourth, Hayate's English was supposed to be better than Nanoha. A good reader doesn't equate a good speaker, but in Hayate's case the opposite is more likely.

Fifth, some of the sentences sounded downright lazy, that is unnatural. The beginning explanation on Signum/Sein especially struck me so.

Sixth, Signum having a boyfriend is like Nanoha having a sex change. You'll need a really, really compelling back story to cover that, or you could just ignore me since I'm thinking this from a non-OOC PoV. Lol.

Seventh, I'll be honest, you made me skipped sentences. Sorry.

Eighth, it would be adviced to break between long dialogues with something like 'she paused' 'she scratched her head' as they'll make it more readable and enhance your characters.

Nineth, the colored monologues of each character seemed off in my opinion. It sounded like you just rephrase the same concept over and over.

Tenth and last, sorry to be giving negative reviews when you ticked mine positive. I hope you don't mind.
Old 2011-07-07, 02:37   Link #32315
Eagle8819

Quote:

Uhhhhhh. Did you? I might have forgotten...

Actually, my inbox has been bombarded by emails the last couple days. So, uh...it may have slipped my mind, in between reformatting laptop and packing and then a flight back to hometown for a break. Connection here sucks too, if I don't seem to be around often.

And, I gotta go. Um...send me the entire file again with all the new revisions you made please?

(You could post the lyrical parts as omake. :P)
Eagle8819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 02:53   Link #32316
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Let's just say I'm bad with humor, and we totally forget about anything that has to do with the lyrics. T_T

Ah well, since you're here, might as well ask: Any experiences of being owned real bad playing cards? xD
Old 2011-07-07, 05:00   Link #32317
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Downed by simple blood loss huh?
Dude, do you have ANY idea how bad it is to get your side cut open?

Blood loss (from a hole in your side) doesn't take much to put you down.

Especially since that's about where your kidneys are.

Don't let the fact that people in anime (looking at you Zolo) can put out 25 liters of blood and still fight make you think that everyone's the same way.

*shakes head*

Gave blood once, my arm was numb for almost two days afterwords.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2011-07-07 at 09:35. Reason: That's what I get for trying to respond when I'm only partially awake.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:48   Link #32318
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Um....I'll probably write that first talk someday ........
*prods* NO! You have far more important things to write! Things that go Ka-BOOM!! and POWPOW!! O_O *crackles Files-whip*

Quote:
Dude, do you have ANY idea how bad it is to get your side cut open?

Especially since that's about where your kidneys are.
^This. 20% of the body's cardiac output passes through the kidneys, add this with the blood that goes to the gut region (supply and drainage of the intestines) and we're talking about a serious amount of blood. Then of course, this is anime .
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 08:14   Link #32319
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
To be honest, both Slayers and Nanoha are fairly consistent with how injuries affect your ability to fight.

Don't forget, Aki, Nanoha was put out for a year because of a stab through her chest (there was more to it, I know, but she was still out hardcore).

If you saw the final battle of Slayers Evolution-R, you'll notice that the instant Zelgadis coughed up blood, he was out of the fight. Amelia was out the instant she broke her arm.

Back in Season 1 of Slayers, Lina took a shot through her gut from Copi-Rezo. Sylphiel had to get her out of there, get her heart pumping again and then cast Ressurection on her. And even then, it took a little bit of time for Lina to be back in fighting shape.

And back in Season 1 of Nanoha, Yuuno took a bit of time before he was recovered enough to turn back into a human.

Besides, Signum was out there, fighting for who knows how long before she got treatment, and even then she got back up to fight. I'd say that offsets a lot of your complaints, Aki.

Fate was being healed for a longer time than Signum was... And Hayate had to use specialized healing to be back in the fight after what she took. And she can't walk right now again.

So, yes, "simple blood loss" did defeat Signum.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 09:14   Link #32320
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
The wrap-up begins.

Red 1-55

oh boy... Luna's down... going to get revived one way or another.
hayate overexerted herself, Nanoha is in a some sort of a coma and Lina's out of gas. And for heaven's sake who in the world will not faint by blood loss while having one's side blown open by a magical attack?

Granted if the injury is small but it's a pretty big chuck of flesh near the kidneys...
someone needs a little update on common sense.
sorry for being a bit blunt on that one... i hope no one got offended.

and why do i have a feeling that a certain blonde is gonna become more special if Luna's power didn't get reborn at the red world.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha