AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-16, 18:56   Link #1
evirob

[GSD] Yzak not the same?

Im puzzled, what happen to Yzak? is he a clone or something? his hair, facial scar and voice has changed since from the original gundam seed.

can anyone explain why?
evirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:07   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Hair? White instead of gray? Meh, close enough.

Voice? He got older.

Facial scar? The only reason he kept it to begin with was to remember his grudge against Kira; since they practically fought on the same side last time, there was no reason to keep it anymore...their medical technology is probably advanced enough to remove it completely.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:26   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Their medical technology was high enough to remove the scar when he got it, He kept it as a...symbol? of his defeat and the need to extract revenge and kill the strike pilot
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 20:03   Link #4
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evirob
Im puzzled, what happen to Yzak? is he a clone or something? his hair, facial scar and voice has changed since from the original gundam seed.

can anyone explain why?
War changes a man...

But the scar is easily explained. He only kept it to remind himself of losing to Kira and he worked past that and realized how foolish he was behaving as he observed the conflicts during the war.

The voice. He's older and he has more responsibility. He's matured and he's a more in control/calm person. You can hear it in his voice. But you can definitely recognize it's him when he says 'Nani' in the episode
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 20:07   Link #5
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Yzak no longer wants to kill Kira after Dearka tells him that he was Athrun's friend and the previous pilot of Strike.
Old 2004-11-16, 22:05   Link #6
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evirob

can anyone explain why?
Really? Just a little change in hair color, no different at all. More handsome without scar. Voice actor is the same. He is Tomokazu Seki. The only difference is his mobile suit, or his rank.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 23:31   Link #7
Silver_Scorcher

It has been 2 years since he recieved his scar, and even towards the end of that war he began to stop obsessing over it. He is a commander now, so obviously he had to have shown alot of maturity to get promoted. When he sortied in missions that didn't involve fighting Kira, he acted cool & calm and at one point even questioned ZAFT's tactics in dealing with the Earth Alliance. It's really hard to say at this point weather he really has changed. And if Shiho Hanenfus (The girl sitting beside Yzak & Dearka in the ending credits) really will be in the series, there is a rumor that she is his fiance, so all the more reason that he's matured a bit. We'll probably see him in action again in episode 6, and it'll be pretty safe to say then weather he's still the same old Yzak or something else. Maybe they can get him to slap around Shin for a bit. Oh well... Atleast good old Dearka seems to be the same guy.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 04:57   Link #8
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
I like the new "appearance" of Yzak,because he seems less hot-headed and much more like a person that has responsibility.Above all he stopped treating Dearka as a lackey.
I wonder how he will react in Phase 6 when Dearkas squad is wiped out,will he just jump in his Blaze Zaku and go out ?!

They sure had in Seed the possibilities to remove the scar,cause Athrun asked Yzak why he didn't let it be removed. (as far as I remember)
Wolfslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 07:24   Link #9
AieL

i missed the old screaming Yzak.
he was like "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
XD
AieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 11:49   Link #10
kaaaboom

Japanese voice actors are so good that they can act totally different people.

I was amazed that Yzak has the same voice as Sagara Sousuke (From Full Metal Panic). Now he sounds like the Sousuke
kaaaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 12:03   Link #11
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
You can hear it in his voice. But you can definitely recognize it's him when he says 'Nani' in the episode
Exactly...that was such a Yzak patented line!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 16:57   Link #12
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
yeah i think i do remeber athrun asking why he didnt get the scar removed in one of the Seed episodes.
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 17:07   Link #13
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroitatsu
yeah i think i do remeber athrun asking why he didnt get the scar removed in one of the Seed episodes.
I think I do remember Athrun did not ask a single question about Yzak's scar

It was more likely that Yzak was the one who explained the reason for not removing the scar (was it to Dearka? or Klueze....?)
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 17:48   Link #14
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaaboom
Japanese voice actors are so good that they can act totally different people.

I was amazed that Yzak has the same voice as Sagara Sousuke (From Full Metal Panic). Now he sounds like the Sousuke
This is obvious. The voice actor of Rau Le Creuset and the voice actress of Lacus Clyne are awesome. That's why Japanese voice actors are professional, not like Kids WB and some others. They just use some "voice actors". (In fact, those "voice actors" are just part-time employees, the directors themselves.) They are not professional like Japanese do.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 17:54   Link #15
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
But you can definitely recognize it's him when he says 'Nani' in the episode
lol, you can really tell its him when he says that. even when he has a different voice actor
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 23:02   Link #16
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
I think I do remember Athrun did not ask a single question about Yzak's scar

It was more likely that Yzak was the one who explained the reason for not removing the scar (was it to Dearka? or Klueze....?)
I believe it was Andy that "guessed" it and judging from Yzak's reaction he hit the nail on the head. He also said the scar could be easily removed.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 23:34   Link #17
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE

People change over time, thats life.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 07:19   Link #18
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
I believe it was Andy that "guessed" it and judging from Yzak's reaction he hit the nail on the head. He also said the scar could be easily removed.
Yep, Phase 21 of Gundam SEED, Andy addressed the fact that Yzak had a scar, and said a man only keeps it as a symbol of a grudge, and Yzak gave a pissy look.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 10:11   Link #19
kaaaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
lol, you can really tell its him when he says that. even when he has a different voice actor
No, it was the SAME voice actor
kaaaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 10:34   Link #20
_Riku_

lol...

just watch the first episodes of Seed, and then you'll notice that Yzak sounds like this when he isn't obsessed with Strike
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote