Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 08:39   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Changing audio tracks in Windows Media Player

Whis would be the main reason why I prefer The Core Media Player over any other movie player program; ease of changing the audio track. Except ever since I upgraded Windows 7, a lot of movie files won't play on TCMP anymore. And it's really annoying when you play a multi-audio track video and you can't turn off staff commentary or switch to JP audio. So how do I do it with WMP?
Old 2011-07-29, 13:35   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How about just use MPC?

You should be able to change the audio track from the bottom right when the codec icons appear there though. I always change mine from there.
Old 2011-07-29, 15:45   Link #3
monster

In Windows Media Player 12, double click the video to make it go full screen (if it's not already), then right click it. You should now see an option at the top of the context menu for audio and language tracks.

If you're using Haali Media Splitter, you can also change tracks with that in the notification area of the taskbar.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 03:02   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Whis would be the main reason why I prefer The Core Media Player over any other movie player program; ease of changing the audio track. Except ever since I upgraded Windows 7, a lot of movie files won't play on TCMP anymore. And it's really annoying when you play a multi-audio track video and you can't turn off staff commentary or switch to JP audio. So how do I do it with WMP?
For video use Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC HC).
I didn't like the looks of the new WMP either, specially not the controls.
You can switch if you right click the codec taskbar buttons. MPC HC has those buttons available in the menu as well.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 17:46   Link #5
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

TCMP has, to my knowledge, not been updated since 2006 or so and I strongly suggest you update your shit. Just use MPC-HC like everyone else.
Some things, however, do not change; such as the fact that WMP is a piece of heavily deprecated shit.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote