Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-31, 01:58   Link #361
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Probably the number one thing about this that interests me the most is that fact that the protagonist has his own identity in this adaptation. He's not just an avatar that represents the player in the game anymore. It should be interesting to see just what exactly his personality is.

Since this is only a 2 cour series, I'm not expecting to see all the social links completely fleshed out, but it would be nice to see them at least reduced to cameos.

Also...

Spoiler for Persona 4 Game spoilers:
Spoiler:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 02:06   Link #362
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So... no Naoto? ... pass =\
The trailer comes following the same date as the game progress.

If I recall it correctly, this trailer comes at the same date as the date when you can start exploring Rise's dungeon.

So, if you're looking for a trailer with Naoto in appeareance, wait until the same date as her dungeon unlocked
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 02:28   Link #363
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Reply:

Quote:
The trailer comes following the same date as the game progress.

If I recall it correctly, this trailer comes at the same date as the date when you can start exploring Rise's dungeon.

Actually July 27th is the date where the Void Quest dungeon becomes available. Rise's dungeon becomes available on June 24th.

But yeah if we go by this logic then a trailer with Naoto should release on September 16th, only a few weeks before the show starts airing.~
Old 2011-07-31, 12:12   Link #364
Westlo
Lets be reality

Also guys please keep in mind that most anime episodes aren't even finished until just before broadcast... some companies.. coughshaftcough even finish it the day it airs... So you all know how far into the game Naoto appears... if Naoto isn't in many trailers/pvs it's because the episodes Naoto would be in haven't been done/finished.

They might animate a bit of Naoto for a specific teaser and the OP/ED but don't expect much otherwise.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 16:28   Link #365
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
However, I have yet to find a single female VA that can match the emotions and intensity of their Seiyuu counterpart.
The quality just seen so...lacking when compared to the Japanese industry, I know part of it is due to cultural difference (squeaky "cute" style voice simply does not work in English), but I feel there is something else missing for these female VA before they can match their male or seiyuu counterparts.
I dunno man, general consensus is that JP Rise's seiyuu (Kugimiya Rie) didn't fit her very well (to put it NICELY ), while NA Rise's VA (Laura Bailey) was a smashing homerun.

And at least for me, P4 pretty much started my idolization of Laura Bailey. I mean, I've liked other female VA's before (ex. Karen Strassman, who played English Nanako btw, but I know her as the one who voiced my favourite character of all time: Misha), but not to the near obsession I have of Laura Bailey... and it all started when I just couldn't get enough of Bailey's Rise during the time I played P4.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 21:35   Link #366
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well theres the posibility(but not very likely at all) that we might not have seen naoto because maybe those 2 xours will be for a season 1, since i remember that there were a couple of points in the game were i thougth that it was gonna and was just a false alarm(i know im wrong, but maybe , just maybe they want to adapt everything social links included).
Old 2011-08-02, 02:57   Link #367
drsypher

On the subject of Naoto:
Spoiler for Spoilers for those who haven't played the game, I guess:

As for the latest trailer, I loved it, especially the song! I am seriously more hyped than ever about this so October can't come fast enough for me!
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 17:13   Link #368
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno man, general consensus is that JP Rise's seiyuu (Kugimiya Rie) didn't fit her very well (to put it NICELY ), while NA Rise's VA (Laura Bailey) was a smashing homerun.

And at least for me, P4 pretty much started my idolization of Laura Bailey. I mean, I've liked other female VA's before (ex. Karen Strassman, who played English Nanako btw, but I know her as the one who voiced my favourite character of all time: Misha), but not to the near obsession I have of Laura Bailey... and it all started when I just couldn't get enough of Bailey's Rise during the time I played P4.
^This.
And "(Kugimiya Rie) didn't fit her very well " was a very nice way to say it. May I say that I really hate Rie's Voice? As I heard her voice as Rise I thought my ears will start to bleed
I even went as far as to not watch some anime because Rie is voicing someone in it. Really, I can't hear her squeaky voice anymore
I'm very fond of the NA voice cast and there were two of my favourite voice actors playing major roles. Yuri Lowenthal and JYB.
After P4 I started to love Troy Baker als well and I love it whenever I hear him somewhere.
I love the NA voice cast alot more than the Japanese ones, 'nuff said

And I'm an Original-with-Subtitles-addict, usually. So it means alot if I say something like that!
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 20:28   Link #369
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
... and it wouldn't be surprising if this consensus was made by americans

Point being that american reviewers always trash anything foreign, being japanese or in the past german and french.

As for Kugimiya Rie specifically, I must say that most non-americans were surprised, rather than disappointed.

In any case, as long as your rags don't touch Horie Yui, I can keep it civilized
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 07:04   Link #370
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yerp we amerecaaines just get steamed when we see anything foreign, we just some darn rednecks who hate evaryting I tell you what. ehehehe propane...
Old 2011-08-09, 09:32   Link #371
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Don't worry my redneck friend, Japanese are equally ignorant of foreign cultures, actually this is a common problem in all large countries (Germany, France, China, UK, Russia, etc).

Now let me go back in enjoying Hot-chan's voice accompanied by police sirens :/
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 10:21   Link #372
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I don't care what they are from, aslog s they fit their role,I like them.
Old 2011-08-09, 15:49   Link #373
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... and it wouldn't be surprising if this consensus was made by americans

Point being that american reviewers always trash anything foreign, being japanese or in the past german and french.

As for Kugimiya Rie specifically, I must say that most non-americans were surprised, rather than disappointed.

In any case, as long as your rags don't touch Horie Yui, I can keep it civilized
Though I'm from Germany and I'm not the only one here thinking that Rie's voice is a bit too high, I absolutely love Japanese Dubs.
As I said, I'm usually someone who rather enjoys original with subtitles than English/German dubs.
The only exception being Persona 3/4 and the Tales of-series
Bellieve it or don't, but I don't like German dubs very much, they don't put much love in anime and it sounds as if they really are only reading their lines so that they can go home or something like that
I only came across a few good German dubs, but I guess anime is not popular enough to make good ones, sadly. At least that's what the companies are thinking, I believe

Oh, don't worry about Horie Yui, I like her alot

So, I'm really hoping that P4 comes to the US, I want to enjoy the awesome English Dub ♥
(Guess Germany won't license it anyways, like plenty of other stuff they don't bring over here )
Old 2011-08-09, 16:49   Link #374
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am eagerly waiting for a P5...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 18:07   Link #375
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^i think a lot of us, have hogher expectations os a possible P5 announcement, than to the anime itself
Old 2011-08-09, 21:35   Link #376
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
Though I'm from Germany and I'm not the only one here thinking that Rie's voice is a bit too high, I absolutely love Japanese Dubs.
As I said, I'm usually someone who rather enjoys original with subtitles than English/German dubs.
The only exception being Persona 3/4 and the Tales of-series
Bellieve it or don't, but I don't like German dubs very much, they don't put much love in anime and it sounds as if they really are only reading their lines so that they can go home or something like that
I only came across a few good German dubs, but I guess anime is not popular enough to make good ones, sadly. At least that's what the companies are thinking, I believe

Oh, don't worry about Horie Yui, I like her alot

So, I'm really hoping that P4 comes to the US, I want to enjoy the awesome English Dub ♥
(Guess Germany won't license it anyways, like plenty of other stuff they don't bring over here )
While you want that P4 anime will not be licensed in Germany ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 00:52   Link #377
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
While you want that P4 anime will not be licensed in Germany ?
I would love it if Germany brings the P4 anime over here, but I'm sure they won't do that. They didn't even released Trinity Soul (not, that I mind, I didn't watch it).
If the German dub won't be any good, I could at least hear the Japanese one, because they usually give you a choice here.

But as I said, I guess they won't release it here, sad but true
Old 2011-08-12, 12:19   Link #378
Miraluka
Banned

COMIKET 80 PV:
http://www.youtube.com/user/wx6867#p/u/4/45Kr9VxH2pU
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 12:27   Link #379
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

That's the PV from Mayonaka Channel we got a couple weeks ago.
Old 2011-08-12, 12:34   Link #380
Miraluka
Banned

Whoot! Sorry, wrong link.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy