AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-03, 15:28   Link #21
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
i've only seen short preiviews for this but it looks awesome if anyone has any trailers or opininos on the game i would be more than greatful to hear or see them . Thanks.
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 13:14   Link #22
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Must see trailer for MGS3: Snake Eater

I can't believe I found out about his soo late. It is definately the best trailer out for MGS3: Snake Eater. It starts off with the signature green preview splash screen and goes into the betrayal of "The Boss". The story of how the nations were seperated after the second world war follows. It then leads into an awesome new theme that sounds oddly familiar (maybe it's a remixed theme).
The trailer also brings along a preview of some of the new bosses to come. Most people I know like the new bosses although some people think they are wierd (The Pain - controls bees?). Most of the new bosses look great though. The Sorrow reminds me of Psycho Mantis quite a bit. Maybe it is some plot twist that "The Sorrow" is Pycho Mantis before he became what he was in MGS. In the trailer he appears to have psychokinesis. When he floats out of the water he bears a remarkable resemblence to Psycho Mantis. I'll leave the other bosses for you to see... There's a reference to the guy on the toilet (Johnny Sasaki) in the preiview. He was in MGS1 and MGS2. In MGS1 he was the guy that you see through the vent near the DARPA chief on the toilet. Also got beat down by Meryl and stripped butt-naked. He also guarded Snake when you had to break out with ketchup. In MGS2 he was harder to find. You had to bring out that mic. and point it at a certain wall (don't remember where at).

Here's the link to the trailer: Right Click Save

Last edited by Liquidus; 2004-10-11 at 13:27.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 17:05   Link #23
ramune

In case you don't know, the demo of MGS3 is out.

One thing I found interesting in the demo (the voice is in Japanese) is that "The Boss" is voiced by Inoue Kikuko.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 10:42   Link #24
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Yeah I played the demo its pretty awesome. Although while I was playing it the demo cut out while I was playing. I did how ever read the voice acter in the codec screen. She does a lot of anime. Other then that I just went around shooting aligators and killing guards.
Old 2004-10-12, 12:40   Link #25
AnimeFangirl

Yooosh, I'm getting it. Can't wait to watch it, I've always loved Metal Gear Solid.
Old 2004-10-12, 13:02   Link #26
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
In case you don't know, the demo of MGS3 is out.

One thing I found interesting in the demo (the voice is in Japanese) is that "The Boss" is voiced by Inoue Kikuko.
Played the demo also, the japanese voice is because I think they havent finished the english version so the had subs in the game. I liked killing the animals and eating them because you can get hungry now...
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 14:30   Link #27
Liquidus
╞╩╗

I hope the song from the trailer comes out soon. I like that theme almost as much as the main one.
Old 2004-11-18, 17:59   Link #28
ramune

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

IT'S OUT!! Go get it right now!

Well after a long wait it's finally here! I just got my copy, but unfortunately I have deal with school first, so I won't be able to open it until Thanksgiving.

Edit: oops just noticed that there already exists a Snake Eater thread. Mods please merge. Sorry for the trouble.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 17:47   Link #29
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

God I love Hideo Kojima's sick sense of humor...

Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 18:17   Link #30
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

I am a very big fan of MGS and I probably will buy sooner or later. MGS2 was very good game with nice graphics and fun gameplay. Storyline was a bit weird this time though. MGS1 for Playstation had a better storyline than the MGS2. And don't even get me started about mgs for nintendo and snes.
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 18:37   Link #31
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

MGS2 storyline was better IMO. Anyways, I'll wait til it hopefully comes out on Xbox.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 01:16   Link #32
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
God I love Hideo Kojima's sick sense of humor...

Spoiler:
I picked the first one... What did it say when you picked the second?

Oh and the conversation with Snake and the Col. when you pick Snake vs Monkey mode is priceless XD .
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 04:57   Link #33
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidAKP
MGS2 storyline was better IMO. Anyways, I'll wait til it hopefully comes out on Xbox.
MGS2's storyline was the quite possibly the worst I've ever seen in a game, especially near the end.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:26   Link #34
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I picked the first one... What did it say when you picked the second?

Oh and the conversation with Snake and the Col. when you pick Snake vs Monkey mode is priceless XD .
Just start a new game and select it...be faster than me telling you But if I must...don't read this if you don't want to try it yourself first:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
MGS2's storyline was the quite possibly the worst I've ever seen in a game, especially near the end.
Just because the Patriots make incredibly ridiculous claims, doesn't make them true. If it is true it's crazy though, imagine it's just superstitious "cloak-and-dagger" crap they were feeding Raiden.
Old 2004-11-21, 04:28   Link #35
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Picked it up today, very fun game. Still trying to get used to the jungle environment, finding it much harder than the previous games trying to get by enemies without using force. Soooo many cutscenes, feels like Xenosaga at the moment. Very good story so far, sucks you right in. Still haven't been able to grab someone from behind, they always hear my footsteps . Guess I need more practice .

Funny moment about an hour and a half into the game:
Spoiler:

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 04:35   Link #36
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
Picked it up today, very fun game. Still trying to get used to the jungle environment, finding it much harder than the previous games trying to get by enemies without using force. Soooo many cutscenes, feels like Xenosaga at the moment. Very good story so far, sucks you right in. Still haven't been able to grab someone from behind, they always hear my footsteps . Guess I need more practice .
Are you using the directional buttons? The analog stick is for normal movement and the buttons are for sneaking. Sneaking takes up a little stamina (I think) but makes it alot easier (though you move slower than the average soldier's pace so you gotta be creative in ambushing them. Once you get really good w/ CQC you can take on whole groups with just a knife).

Quote:
Funny moment about an hour and a half into the game:
Spoiler:
LOL I didn't even think to try that!

So far the radio conversations have all been pretty good (though the Major's voice seems a little bland). Para-Medic's fanaticism on old (but in the timeframe of the game - current) bad flicks (particularly the sci-fi/horror ones) has been pretty funny. Also radioing her to ask about food is pretty funny as well, the "weapons expert" though hasn't been particulalry interesting though.

Spoiler for thoughts on first four bosses:

Last edited by Sanjuronord; 2004-11-21 at 04:52.
Old 2004-11-24, 00:56   Link #37
Baleog

Best cutscenes in gaming histoire.
Baleog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 04:17   Link #38
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
About The Fear
Spoiler:

About interrogations
Spoiler:

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 22:49   Link #39
Austin1
Work=FUN!!!1ONE

Spoiler for thoughts on first four bosses:

Spoiler for thoughts on first Five bosses:

Warning I beat the game and this has major spoilers in it.
Spoiler for Questions about the ending:
Austin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 01:31   Link #40
baka manko
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to baka manko
Quote:
About The Fear
Spoiler:

About interrogations
Spoiler: