AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 117 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 17.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-03, 14:22   Link #381
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You are... Riful was stated to be the first female #1. Clearly Cassandra being #1 at this time means this was after her awakening since otherwise Riful would have to have been demoted and therefore wouldn't have been an AO.
Ehm,iirc Riful was the first female n.1 TO AWAKEN, not the first female n.1 in general.......i'll go check again......
Old 2011-08-03, 14:29   Link #382
carbontaxes

Riful was the youngest #1, not the first #1 to awaken. was her nickname not also "The Dust Eater" though?

But technically I guess she would also be the 1st female #1 too, if Galatea was correct in saying "only 3 times has a #1 awakened" b/c Luciela was certainly after Riful.

Last edited by carbontaxes; 2011-08-03 at 14:34. Reason: hmm
Old 2011-08-03, 14:35   Link #383
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
Riful was the youngest #1, not the first #1 to awaken. was her nickname not also "The Dust Eater" though?
here ya go:

Last edited by haegar; 2011-08-03 at 14:41. Reason: bad tone :ashamed:
Old 2011-08-03, 14:37   Link #384
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Ehm,iirc Riful was the first female n.1 TO AWAKEN, not the first female n.1 in general.......i'll go check again......
Nope...

"Number 1 of the female warrior generation. Youngest warrior in the annals to reach that pinnacle and youngest to release that power"

Aka... she was the from gen two and was the first female #1 and awakened shortly there after. So she was never replaced or demoted and therefore couldn't have been outranked by Cassandra, there by proving Cassandra's gen came later.

Edit: damn Haegar beat me to it.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:38   Link #385
carbontaxes

yeah thx guys, I had already edited it, though.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:39   Link #386
MalakTawus

I found an eng translation where it's stated clearly that Riful was the 1st female n.1,in the official italian translation (that btw came out A LOT before any english translation and that was also the first translation that i read) it's not 100% clear.

At this point i'd say that i was wrong and that Riful was indeed the first female n.1,but if someone that really understands japanese can confirm this, it would be much appreciated.

Edit:LOL,you didn't even give me the time to correct myself (but still i'd like a confirmation from japanese).
Old 2011-08-03, 14:40   Link #387
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

how could roxanne suddenly heal her eye, galatea couldn't do exactely this, as we remember? I think this gives hint to her REAL ability. If roxanne did not hide her yoki on purpose, which i don't believe,
she must have stolen it and the strength and the speed from their victims.
a number 35 can NEVER EVER become that strong with only training and learning techniques. It is impossible.

sorry for joining so late but i have a lot of work to do at the moment.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:40   Link #388
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Aka... she was the from gen two
Ah ah ah....you're assuming their was only one single Male generation and we don't know that. The rest is correct though
Old 2011-08-03, 14:42   Link #389
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

But technically I guess she would also be the 1st female #1 too, if Galatea was correct in saying "only 3 times has a #1 awakened" b/c Luciela was certainly after Riful.
Quote:
yeah thx guys, I had already edited it, though.
Are you referring to Riful here? If so Dae called her "Empress Riful" on ch 110 page 11.

So Cassandra's nickname is "Dust Eater", not Riful's.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:44   Link #390
carbontaxes

Thanks for clearing me up on that then, it's just I could have swornful that I saw "Riful the Dust Eater" somewhere a long time ago, can't even remember where now.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:45   Link #391
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I'm not at all impressed by revelations about the power and character of these 3 number ones.

All three of them are dwarfed by Teresa or Priss. Just end the series already and confirm the notion that the greater monster between the two that Irene observed that day was Teresa.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:47   Link #392
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You are... Riful was stated to be the first female #1. Clearly Cassandra being #1 at this time means this was after her awakening since otherwise Riful would have to have been demoted and therefore wouldn't have been an AO.
Plus Roxanne was considered one of the strongest #1s that ever existed so I doubt Riful as a warrior would win with her. Unless they would have youki suppressant pills then or had a back-up.

As for Roxanne, for now I still think that youki suction is the most probable thing since that would at least explain how someone being #35 could overcome such a humongous gap and not only became #1 but one of the strongest #1s. Youki synchronization doesn't explain it (not that I see at least). If Roxanne would have only average or even strong youki (so let's say C or even B class) there would be now way she could become a very strong #1. And since they were hunting ABs, even more often than in Teresa's generation (since neither Noel nor Sophia even knew they existed) the survival rate shouldn't be that long. It's possible that because of that they've changed their policy and didn't hunt them as often.

Besides, just as Raftela has similar ability like Roxanne, Roxanne might have similar ability like Destroyer.

There is also a possibility she was cheating during the exam and not performing as well as she could or messing up with someone who was evaluating her power making her look weaker (or maybe stronger than she really was although I doubt it).

As for Cassandra being as strong as average #5, as I've written here it might apply only to non youki release (and that's how Roxanne and Cassandra sparred and that's how she was fighting Audrey and the rest). Since she was said to be many times stronger than #2 it must have been the case.

And yeah, how did Roxanne die is a real mystery.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:48   Link #393
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Ah this was a good chapter Roxanne did not disappoint with the hinted crazy and Cassandra was surprisingly cute in the past lol.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:49   Link #394
MalakTawus

Also are we sure that there weren't any generation with mixed genders?
Maybe there were,but the n.1 was always male,tbh we are not even sure if Riful was n.1 in a completely female generation.
Not saying that mixed gen actually happened ,just that atm i don't remember any particular evidence denying this possibility.

Quote:
Plus Roxanne was considered one of the strongest #1s that ever existed so I doubt Riful as a warrior would win with her. Unless they would have youki suppressant pills then or had a back-up.
What makes you think that Riful couldn't be stronger or just as strong as Roxy as a warrior?
I don't see any evidence......
Old 2011-08-03, 14:50   Link #395
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Ah ah ah....you're assuming their was only one single Male generation and we don't know that. The rest is correct though
That part is based on the databook...

I was previously told this page says she's gen two

Of course I can't read Japanese so I don't know how true it is... hell, maybe it was even on another page in the databook

Though in all honestly, you're right I don't know how true that statement was. I just seem to recall hearing differently and added it into my sentence without thinking too hard about it.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:53   Link #396
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Cynthia said once:
healing and regeneration depends largely on ones memory.
After such a long time it might not be able to return to old form. So perhaps roxanne got this memory which she obviously must have lacked from someone/somewhere else?
Old 2011-08-03, 14:56   Link #397
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Maybe there were,but the n.1 was always male,tbh we are not even sure if Riful was n.1 in a completely female generation.
Not saying that mixed gen actually happened ,just that atm i don't remember any particular evidence denying this possibility.
Probably did not happen but would be interesting if it did. Haha I can see it now. It ended with more awakening's then normal and lots of tentacle equipped Awakend Beings.
Old 2011-08-03, 15:02   Link #398
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
You mean futanari Claymores?
Old 2011-08-03, 15:05   Link #399
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
You mean futanari Claymores?
Of course i mean futanari!!!

Old 2011-08-03, 15:16   Link #400
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Cynthia said once:
healing and regeneration depends largely on ones memory.
After such a long time it might not be able to return to old form. So perhaps roxanne got this memory which she obviously must have lacked from someone/somewhere else?
I'd say more like, Galatea has been without eyes for about seven years, whereas Roxanne's time with Neidine(sp?) was likely on the order of several months at most. Her 'memory' should still be reasonably recent. Also, she has her other eye to reference.
Closed Thread