Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-10, 03:43   Link #1
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Looking for any anime you think i'd like

Well I watch prety much any kind ofve anime. And I am not sure how to descrive my tastes so ill list animes i am watching, animes i liked and animes i hated.

watching:
Naruto
Bleach
Steins's Gate
Ao No Exorcist
Blood-C
Dantalian No Shoka
Ikoku Meiro No Croisee
Itsuka Tenma No Kuro Usagi (fells rushed like hell but it's not to bad for now)
Kamisama Dolls
Kamisama No Memo-chou
Mawaru Penguin Drum
No. 6
Nurarihyon No Mago: Sennen Makyou
Rou Kyuu Bu! (Pretty much the first ever sports theme anime I like, all other sports theme anime before that putted me off real quick.)
Usagi Drop (IMPO the best series this season.)

Watched and loved:
Akira (old one)
Bakemonogatari (was very strange anime seems like I am missing stuff that is supposed to happen before and more stuff seems should happen after, if it's hiding under a different name I want to know)
Bronken Blade (1-6)
Card Captor Sakura
Code Geass. R1-2
Chrono Crusade
Clannad complete (what a master peice)
Claymore
Death Note (part 1 was awesome, part 2 was a let down)
Elfen Lied
Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Fate/Stay night
Fullmetal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic (ALL)
Ghost hunt
GOSICK (AWESOME ANIME LOVED EVERYTHING)
Gundam 00, Seed, Wing, and a few others (hated the so called DARKGUNDAM forget what name the series was)
HighSchool of the dead (pretty awesome)
Higurashi no Naku koro ni (best ever horror series IMO)
House of 5 Leaves (Very nice story and chra development, the art style seems ugly at first but it fits wonderfully to the story. Wouldn't have it any otehr way.)
Kanon
Kiss x sis (it's just to lewd to not like, man these Japaneses have extremely good lewd senses)
Kodomo no Jikan (the artist did his child psychology home work well)
Koi Kaze (Twisted)
Last Exile
Love Hina
Lyrical Nanoha (ALL)
Madoka Magika (just finished it was TOTALY awesome)
Nodame Cantabile (ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS MOST LIKELY IN MY TOP 5 EVER!!!)
Nurarihyon No Mago
Section 9 stand alone complex.
Shakugan no Shana
Spice and Wold 1&2 (economics are so thrilling)
Tsubasa
Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ (wish their was a season 2 already)
Vampire Knight
XXXholic
5 centimeters per second

somewhat liked:
Kamisama Kazoku Was fun and enjoyable, but from the plot I was expecting maybe a bit more then your dating anime. My expectations were to high. But still fun none the lest.
Kaze No Stigma (wasn't bad wasn't anything special either)
Shugo Chara (was at times a bit to childish for my taste, the AmuxIkuto relationship is all that kept me going, without that it would be junk.)
Inuyasha
Angelic layer
Uchuu No Stellvia (came close to dropping it at a point but it managed to save it's self. )
Yosuga no Sora (to much fan-service, not enough lewdness I guest)

animes i hated:
pokemon
digimon
monster rancher
Sacred Seven ( I know I dropped at episode 3 but the dude being omniscient of his new powers was very lame and macho, REJECTED!!!!)
Air (watched it from start to end but I failed to gets the whole point of it)
Lucky Star (was there a point to it? dropped about 5 episodes I couldn't take no more)

Their is more but those are what I can remember on a whim. Basically I believe what i don't like is anime with a to simplistic plot or to kid oriented. So Hit em up and ill be sure to give it a try. IF you know and anime that pulls you into the story very strongly then by all means list it here.

************************************************** ****************************************
SUMMER 2011

Well yes you can call me grave digger now!!!! I felt digging up my old old OOOLLLLDDDD recommendations post would be good to take in new recommendations. I updated my lists a lot, well as much as I can now but I know I am still omitting a bunch. I am looking for those few rare forgotten gems that might slip in the cracks like Puella Magi Madoka Magica that I missed this winter/spring that I only started watching on someone else's recomendation.

Last edited by EadTaes; 2011-08-07 at 16:33.
Old 2007-03-10, 03:54   Link #2
shiro83

Code Geass.
Higurashi no Naku koro ni.
Kanon.
Air.
Nodame Cantabile.
Old 2007-03-10, 04:09   Link #3
jedinat

Juuni Kokuki - like the best anime ever
RahXephon - good mecha anime
Crest of the Stars - interesting relationship between the main characters, nice sci-fi
Noir - awesome music, cool characters, mysterious
Old 2007-03-10, 04:36   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Soukou no Strain
Death Note
Noein
Last Exile
Shakugan no Shana
Fate/Stay night
Fullmetal Alchemist
Erementar Gerad

Since you liked CCS:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A`s
Old 2007-03-10, 05:10   Link #5
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Utawarerumono
Old 2007-03-10, 05:49   Link #6
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

If you liked both Wing and SEED I´m sure you´ll like this one aswell.

Gundam X

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2007-03-10, 08:24   Link #7
miaka

Zegapain - mecha
Demonbane TV - mecha/magic
Black Blood Brothers - vampire/action
D.Gray-man - action
Kekkaishi - action
gintama - since your watching bleach naruto.
Old 2007-03-11, 02:04   Link #8
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Thx for all ofve the suggestions. Curently i am dowloading 6 ofve the animes lited the rest are on my to get lits. It seems my ISP doesnt like the insane amount of trafic on my line. Probably because i havent payed them last month but i will this month.

Whats a problem as that soem i woudl realy wnat to see are licensed and find active torents ofve them is quite difficult at times. But I am sure they are still some others there. I guest ill have to reinstal shareza and find the torrents that way.

Anyway if you got more suggestions keep them comming.

Agrigato Ja Ne
Old 2007-03-11, 06:18   Link #9
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Hmm, you seem to have no exact preference and seem to be fairly diverse in your anime. So I'll recommend BECK and Tenjou Tenge as new additions to the list. I'll also reenforce a few of the other suggestions such as Death Note, Black Blood Brothers, and the Full Metal Panic! series to help you maybe pick and choose through some of the suggestions you've recieved.
Old 2007-03-11, 06:34   Link #10
H-man
3rd year Otaku

Location: Hmm...: Bollnäs, Sweden; Sundsvall, Sweden; Edsbro, Sweden and a couple of places in Texas, USA
Send a message via MSN to H-man
No noe has mentioned it so I have to put it in. Watch Golden Boy!! The most awesome Shonen series there is.
Old 2007-03-17, 02:15   Link #11
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Well I've been watching alot of the series youve recomended me. SO i thougth id give you guys some feed back a bit. If i dont lista nd anime here yet it is becaus ei have not yet watched it or it is licensed and i am still looking for torrents.

Nope their will be some spoilers in my comments so if you have not seen it dotn read the coment son that anime.

Air: Was interesting and fun to watch. But i feel the logic ofve the story escapes me. I am a bit comfused by all ofve it. But my comfusion only only comes whent he guy is now the crow and i got WTF. Up till that point it was AOKAY but after it slid out ofve control. overall 7/10

Kanon: Very good series made me cry quite a few times and found my self absolutely shocked out of my mind at what some of the characters did. I was a very gut wrenching aniem to watch and watching more would be nice. But ill ahve to give my self abit ofve time before the next one. I am also happy this serries has a happy end. But episode 24 should have been a 1 hour long special. 9.5/10 just because the last episode falls short.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha and A's: Wasvery intertanign had been a while sinc ei hadnt seen a good magical girl series. But i have to admit that season one to me wasnt all that superb. But with season 2 it became quite amazing. I currently cant wait for season 2. So far i give it and 9/10.

DEATH NOTE: I'll keep it short sicne the series isnt yet finished but i have only oen thign to say. MASTERPEICE!!!!!!!! 20/10

I'll leave it at that for now. will coem back later and fill out info about other animes. Till then keep the coming, Onegai

Arigatou and Ja Ne
Old 2007-03-18, 01:38   Link #12
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
Go watch Chobits Its great! No matter what you like
Old 2007-03-18, 23:11   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you're looking for a good magical girl show, I'd recommend Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu. Gorgeously animated with a dark and compelling story, this show doesn't get enough love in my mind.
Old 2007-03-19, 02:36   Link #14
DreamerRin
Furu Furu Furu Moon~

Onegai Teacher- A good anime~
Onegai Twins- Sequel~
Happiness!- Only seen one episode but it was okay so far
Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~- A cute anime with a hint of darkness
Old 2007-03-19, 07:15   Link #15
Suhaki

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka- Comedy, Drama, School. One of the best anime that i've ever seen
Beck (Mongolian Chop Squad)- Music, Shounen and maybe a little Drama and Romance. This is also one of the best i've seen
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen OVA Action, Drama, Historical, Romance, Samurai. You must see it. It's a masterpiece and also my favorite anime.
Old 2007-09-09, 02:12   Link #16
Aznbanana

a lot of good suggestions already. I'll add Negima, Elfen Lied and School Rumble.

Negima is sorta lacking -_- so i actually reccomend u read the manga. School Rumble is a romantic comedy but the plot is pretty much a snails pace.

Elfen Lied is a dark pleasure of mine lol. It has an interesting plot and morality and actually ends in a pretty good fashion.
Old 2011-08-03, 20:18   Link #17
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

SUMMER 2011

Well yes you can call me grave digger now!!!! I felt digging up my old old OOOLLLLDDDD recommendations post would be good to take in new recommendations. I updated my lists a lot, well as much as I can now but I know I am still omitting a bunch. I am looking for those few rare forgotten gems that might slip in the cracks like Puella Magi Madoka Magica that I missed this winter/spring that I only started watching on someone else's recomendation.
Old 2011-08-03, 20:48   Link #18
Elegance

Have you tried Freezing
Shows i recently watched and liked are
Kamisama Kazoku(pretty underrated) and True Tears
Old 2011-08-03, 21:02   Link #19
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Have you tried Cross Game?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-08-03, 22:04   Link #20
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Bakemonogatari (was very strange anime seems like I am missing stuff that is supposed to happen before and more stuff seems should happen after, if it's hiding under a different name I want to know)
You did see the three web episodes[13, 14, and 15] that aired months after the 12 T.V. episodes; right?
Also there is a prequel movie titled "Kizumonogatari" that covers the events before the series began to be animated for early next year .

Also since you enjoyed the series[and Spice and Wolf], I'd really also suggest "Katanagatari"[different studio/story, but same author as Bakemonogatari] with a somewhat similar character dynamic that drives the story like Spice and Wolf.
MAL
Closed Thread