AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-06, 21:09   Link #821
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

/sigh.. you're not getting it... forget it..
Old 2011-08-06, 21:11   Link #822
Who

Asexual Shepard for the win?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 21:14   Link #823
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
/sigh.. you're not getting it... forget it..
I do get it. You are angry at a fan applying his/her sexual preference on a character using flimsy evidence.

I however, consider it unworthy of anger because Tali's sexual preference is already way beyond what anything real life society would accept. Namely, going beyond your own species. This is still illegal in most countries.
Old 2011-08-06, 21:21   Link #824
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Im not angry at it lol, it just bugs me like some kids playing outside my house a little too loud.

But if their going to put in anymore bi romances, there better be some choices for male shep. While I'm at that.. Liara x femshep isnt even "really" same gender relationship... she said her self that Asari are just "like" female humans
Old 2011-08-06, 22:47   Link #825
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Im not angry at it lol, it just bugs me like some kids playing outside my house a little too loud.

But if their going to put in anymore bi romances, there better be some choices for male shep. While I'm at that.. Liara x femshep isnt even "really" same gender relationship... she said her self that Asari are just "like" female humans
Relationships of any combinations seemed to have been considered for MS1, they just backed away from it. Can't blame them consider the Kevin McCullough incident. Can't go too fast until the real life human society at large is ready to grow up.

Which probably is ironic, because Ashley Williams is Republican and most likely watch Fox News.
Old 2011-08-07, 09:33   Link #826
killer3000ad

Regarding the multiplayer rumour circulating after the latest issue of XBOX 360 World, a BSN forumite went to the trouble of acquiring said magazine, and basically the only mention of multiplayer in the magazine amounted to this:
Quote:
Well, if you believe the rumours- which we certainly do- Mass Effect 3 will have multiplayer. According to various sources, there will be a batch of three-player co-op missions that run parallel to the main story, with each player assuming the role of a single squad mate. It seems likely that this will happen, and that it'll form part of EA's Online Pass system. However, devs have been known to ditch multiplayer during development in the past if it doesn't work."
Old 2011-08-07, 09:42   Link #827
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Regarding the multiplayer rumour circulating after the latest issue of XBOX 360 World, a BSN forumite went to the trouble of acquiring said magazine, and basically the only mention of multiplayer in the magazine amounted to this:
*plugs his ears fromthe sound of 100000 garrus fans squeeling*
Old 2011-08-07, 11:08   Link #828
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
... So it was only a rumour that maybe, possibly there is some kind of multiplayer in ME3?

Okay, danger's over.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 12:27   Link #829
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Relationships of any combinations seemed to have been considered for MS1, they just backed away from it. Can't blame them consider the Kevin McCullough incident. Can't go too fast until the real life human society at large is ready to grow up.

Which probably is ironic, because Ashley Williams is Republican and most likely watch Fox News.
Yup, there's little bits and pieces here and there, especially in ME2, that suggest Tali and Thane could go both ways. But it looks like they pulled out at the last minute--considering the hatedom DA2 has gotten for making all the romances "Hawke-sexual" rather than particularly gay or straight...

Still though, I applaud Bioware for taking the situational sexuality route with DA2. If it makes certain people feel better, remember that female Shepard and female Hawke are both "non-canon."

also lol about Ashley. I regret not leaving her racist ass on Virmire sometimes. It just seemed most logical for Shepard to leave the person guarding the bomb...
Old 2011-08-07, 13:27   Link #830
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

have you guys even tried romancing her? if i remember correctly she lightens up to them a little >_>...... a little.. maybe she's gotten over her racism over ME2
Old 2011-08-07, 18:06   Link #831
Velsy

The romance is not what makes me like Tali'Zorah, As far as I am concerned its only a bonus. Keh, too much to explain and its not like anyone would care ^_^

Plus when you make her stumble over her words (like stuta), its kinda cute.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 18:39   Link #832
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for sup:
Old 2011-08-07, 18:55   Link #833
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Spoiler for sup:
Seriously. You seem a little defensive. There is really no need for that. As I keep saying, gender preference is irrelevant between alien species. But I understand if you have your own views that you held sacred.
Old 2011-08-07, 18:58   Link #834
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The whole anti-diversity thing is so last century, it's not even funny. Don't like it? Move along, I'd think...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 19:55   Link #835
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Just nit picking, sorry Seriously I have no beef with any of it. except that its kinda lazy that both sheps have the same dialog. I tried playing as fem shep, it felt exactly the same... 0% changes except romances =\ and Apparently their "fixing" that in ME3....
Old 2011-08-07, 19:58   Link #836
james0246

Quote:
Just nit picking, sorry Seriously I have no beef with any of it. except that its kinda lazy that both sheps have the same dialog. I tried playing as fem shep, it felt exactly the same... 0% changes except romances =\ and Apparently their "fixing" that in ME3....
There were a few more changed in ME2, but you are essentially correct (and I commented on this very problem earlier). There is no real incentive to play as both genders outside of trying to hook up with everyone possible at least once (which makes me a bit of slut ). Hopefully ME3 will actually show the differences between genders and maybe even show the differences between sexual preferences.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:05   Link #837
Who

I hope so too. I thought it was weird that male Shepard could freely walk into the women's bathroom and vice versa.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:13   Link #838
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well, is there any reason why Shepard should be a different person just because of his/her gender?

I actually see that as a plus. Shepard should not change dialogue, views and opinions just because of the different chromosomes.

Shepard is Shepard. If I play the character the exact same way, the dialogue should be the same. Gender should not come into it unless it is the actual point of a conversation.

(In fact, one of the complaints made in ME was that the female Shepard was too hostile in her speech compared to male Shepard, so even though their lines are similar she sounded more angry.)
Old 2011-08-07, 21:07   Link #839
james0246

^Unless Humanity has drastically changed in just a few hundred years (or Shepard had such a fucked up childhood that the character is now asexual), gender and sexual preference should always be defining characteristic that create differences between Shepards, and for the game not to reflect this messes with the emersion of the experience (imo).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 23:07   Link #840
Rurik
Golden

The game is orientated to a male Shepard and so is the dialogue, while is true what you say about gender should be a defining charasteristic, We could just say that a Female Shepard will act exactly like a Male Shepard, in other words, Female shepard is not lady like.

You know funny thing is that i had almost 7 months since last I played ME2, and I had a saved 2nd playtrough on insanity on soldier class, last night i finished it....

Anyway, now Im almost getting my level 60 on ME1, and plan on importing this one all the way trough ME3, the trailes look great.

Tags
effect, games, mass