AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-17, 09:43   Link #21
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
He already figured out how to defeat the Preta path once before. He forced it to absorb senjutsu and turn it into a stone toad. He could've done so again (and if he couldn't, would it have killed Kishimoto to give us one line explaining why?) and would've permanently taken care of Nagato to boot.
That's easy with different bodies specialized with specific path.
Nagato/Kabuto is using different paths in one go; how can Naruto predict what will hit him?

Also, the circumstance is different. The Nagato/Kabuto is focusing sucking out his soul and just store it in that huge-face-thing, not absorb his whole chakra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm unclear why Kishimoto decided to give Itachi's Susano'o yet another technique/potential tool. It would have been just as believable for Itachi to use Amaterasu, so why create a new technique at all?
Is it? With the burning and waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
Didn't Itachi say his eyes went dark in the last chapter after Shisui's eye's went off of Mangekyo.
what
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 09:50   Link #22
Lunarskylar

hahah his long range technique is a flying sharingan if you look at it

personally i think this chapter was a fanservice chapter for everyone back in the pain arc who said "nagato was weak, the rinnegan should be much stronger if it's the best eye, we wonder how he would fight if he had his full powers and wasn't crippled"

well here's your answer

oddly enough it's also like he's parodying himself too, especially making naruto stay in character so much "naruto is an idiot thatimpulsively uses rasengan to solve everything.... yes let's make him try that even though pain absorbs ninjutsu, it'll save a couple panels"

So it was a parody-fanfic chapter o.o

(plus minato's too cool, he'd get his own series)
Old 2011-08-17, 09:55   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
That's easy with different bodies specialized with specific path.
Nagato/Kabuto is using different paths in one go; how can Naruto predict what will hit him?
We clearly see Naruto figuring out that it's sucking out his chakra so he knows what's going on. And it's not like he can't use senjutsu whilst it's sucking his chakra because that was how he defeated Preva path the first time.

Quote:
Also, the circumstance is different. The Nagato/Kabuto is focusing sucking out his soul and just store it in that huge-face-thing, not absorb his whole chakra.
No it started sucking out his chakra first. Then it started drawing out his soul.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 09:58   Link #24
islandfire340

did anybody see the painted scans at the end of half of madara's face?
islandfire340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:01   Link #25
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
We clearly see Naruto figuring out that it's sucking out his chakra so he knows what's going on. And it's not like he can't use senjutsu whilst it's sucking his chakra because that was how he defeated Preva path the first time.

No it started sucking out his chakra first. Then it started drawing out his soul.
No, I'm pretty sure its Human path that's did the sucking out first to Naruto. And it sucks the soul. The Preva absorbed the rasengan.
Old 2011-08-17, 10:05   Link #26
Akashin

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure its Human path that's did the sucking out first to Naruto. And it sucks the soul. The Preva absorbed the rasengan.
Not sure where you got that from, since him figuring out that Nagato was sucking his Chakra out and then him forming a Rasengan was one of the first things that happened.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:08   Link #27
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Not sure where you got that from, since him figuring out that Nagato was sucking his Chakra out and then him forming a Rasengan was literally the first thing he did.
Last chapter, it pretty said its Human Path. In this flashback, which it showed his thoughts about sucking ninjutsu, was when Pain was sucking Bee's/8 Tail's chakra. Then Naruto stupidly used the rasengan
Old 2011-08-17, 10:09   Link #28
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfire340 View Post
did anybody see the painted scans at the end of half of madara's face?
The picture wasn't a scan, it was fan art.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:12   Link #29
Aqua Knight

WOW! Itachi is the most awesome ninja I've ever seen.
Though for a second I though it was Sasuke saving Bee and Naruto with his Susanoo.
Old 2011-08-17, 10:13   Link #30
islandfire340

thought so lol
islandfire340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:16   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm unclear why Kishimoto decided to give Itachi's Susano'o yet another technique/potential tool. It would have been just as believable for Itachi to use Amaterasu, so why create a new technique at all?
So that Sasuke can use the same haxxx with his new eyes Still not very clear if the weapons are eye-bound but I'll go with it until proven otherwise.
Quote:
oh kishi....you trying to tell your fans something?
Yeah really sounds like the author's sending out a message here...but lol @ calling Nagato trash, he's one of the best characters in Naruto, with more depth than other villains who want world domination and ultimate knowledge.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:42   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Last chapter, it pretty said its Human Path. In this flashback, which it showed his thoughts about sucking ninjutsu, was when Pain was sucking Bee's/8 Tail's chakra. Then Naruto stupidly used the rasengan
Oh you're right. It is the human path. Wouldn't have known if not for the last chapter though..
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 11:11   Link #33
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It sure sounds like he's talking about the manga itself, doesn't it?
I was thinking that as well...
Old 2011-08-17, 11:15   Link #34
yakumo-chan

what does Kabuto means when he say... "Ah yes.. one more person joined my capture list now"??
Old 2011-08-17, 11:25   Link #35
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Nagato was a beast, never imagined him taking on Kyuubi Naruto, KB and Itachi at once! Asura path surprised me too, at first I just thought the body Pein controlled had been modified, but apparently Asura path gives you the power to turn into a freakin' cyborg. Soul stealing, chakra absorbing, gravity controlling, cyborg eyes FTW! I guess that means Madara will have all those abilites + Sharingan powers? Nasty.

I wish Naruto had played a more crucial part. He's so powerful, yet he's still being bailed out. At least this shows that old enemies can still present a serious challenge for him, though Nagato and Itachi are about as ludicrously strong as you can get. Entertaining chapter.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 11:26   Link #36
tarachi
Observer

I think he meant Itachi after Itachi freed himself via the Crowjutsu. Yeah a combined Pain > Separated Pain, especially if he is not limited on how many Paths he can use at a time.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 11:32   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Nagato was a beast, never imagined him taking on Kyuubi Naruto, KB and Itachi at once! Asura path surprised me too, at first I just thought the body Pein controlled had been modified, but apparently Asura path gives you the power to turn into a freakin' cyborg. Soul stealing, chakra absorbing, gravity controlling, cyborg eyes FTW! I guess that means Madara will have all those abilites + Sharingan powers? Nasty.
If they ever make another Naruto game, I want this form of Nagato in it
Quote:
I wish Naruto had played a more crucial part. He's so powerful, yet he's still being bailed out.
I got a question though, how/why did all the paths merge in one and where did Nagato get the power-up? Naruto had barely escaped chibaku tensei at 8-tails but with the kyuubi power at his command and another 2 powerful allies, they had to combine their powers to negate it this time? Seems a bit much...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 11:40   Link #38
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I got a question though, how/why did all the paths merge in one and where did Nagato get the power-up? Naruto had barely escaped chibaku tensei at 8-tails but with the kyuubi power at his command and another 2 powerful allies, they had to combine their powers to negate it this time? Seems a bit much...
Nagato always controlled all 6 paths, he just distributed each path through a single body. Seems like absorbing Bee's bijuu chakra restored his body and allowed him to be able to use all the paths again at a heightened level.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 11:50   Link #39
ChronoReverse

Naruto mentioned how Nagato was far stronger than the Six Paths he fought earlier. Nagato right now is invisible and has full access to all his powers simultaneously AND has the experience of fighting Naruto again.

That's why it was the Human path gripping Naruto's soul (negating the sage chakra attack Naruto used last time). Also note how fast and easily he did the mini-gravity-moon jutsu this time around as well.

If Nagato hadn't been tied down dealing with both Bee and Naruto, even Itachi might not have been able to strike so suddenly using all those kunai to nail the various rinnegans spread out.

Also interesting is that Naruto and Bee can't have their souls pulled out instantly like with all the other ninjas. Because they've mastered their jinchuruuki, they can tug back at their own souls and offer resistance (although Naruto was clearly losing to Nagato's power).

This battle was actually really nice. It had lots of little details and made quite a bit of sense in my mind. Kabuto is still a retard for disregarding Itachi in order to focus on capturing Bee and Naruto though.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 12:02   Link #40
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Personally, my fav part was when Itachi made a joke. Oh my lord.

Spoiler for page 11:

Seriously. Itachi is badass and he has a sense of humor. Man. I hope Itachi sticks around, he is way more entertaining than Sasuke-no-emo.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion