AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-19, 20:00   Link #61
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Judging by Reckoner's overly egotistical posts, we all know who the most rabid hater is.

Personally, for me, it's fans of most of AIC's shows (mostly Sora no Otoshimono and Asobi Ni Iku Yo.) Whenever I explain to them why I don't like most AIC shows, they always say "But the fanservices is so in-your-face it's awesome!" or "The characters are hot as hell!" If you don't have anything else to say, then you're just lying to yourself.
Old 2011-08-19, 20:04   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
Judging by Reckoner's overly egotistical posts, we all know who the most rabid hater is.
I'm honored.
Old 2011-08-19, 20:05   Link #63
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I feel left out ://

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-19, 20:20   Link #64
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I feel left out ://
But dude bashing Deen is like so totally passe.

That said, this sure does seem like another variant on a hate thread. I actually would have said KyoAni regardless since I'm guilty of lapping up most of their stuff. Except Nichijou makes me ashamed to be fanatical on 'em anymore.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-08-19, 20:21   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So it is safe to criticize Kyoani now.

I guess I was the original pioneer who dared to criticize the uncriticizable "perfect" studio way back when and took a ton of crap for it and earned a reputation that I'll still probably never live down as a result. A part of me wants to say Shaft is the one now, but I also have to consider epochs here. At the current peak of Shaft's popularity (where I'd argue we are at right now) I still don't think the hardcore fans even come close to just how intense the Kyoani hardcores could get during that studios peak (2006-2009 IMO).

I still remember giving a mostly positive review of the Haruhi movie with a few criticisms about the length and some of the characters actions and pretty much the whole thread coming down on me for about 5 pages pressing me to defend my thoughts on the show and just refusing to accept that I could find something faulty that was also in the source material. No other sub-forum has ever had that kind of reaction and frankly I've still yet to see anything like what I was greeted with when I first started to take notice of Haruhi back in 2006. Little advice for people, if you are trying to get people into a show or have a functioning community that can continue grow, don't ever be as hostile towards criticism as Kyoani diehards were circa 2006-2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post

Success does breed contempt, but mainly when people feel it's undeserved credit. Kyoani plays safe, produces OVA quality animation in TV shows, based on solid source material. Creating a good adaption is not an easy task but it's very different from making an original production. Few fans can even name a Kyoani director. Fanboys and haters tend to go overboard on either side of the debate so imo Kyoani has both the most rabid fanbase and anti fanbase (both need each other, it's a form of love )
This is basically what I had tried to argue for the longest time. Needless to say these thoughts and ideas were EXTREMELY unpopular around these parts for quite some time. To be honest even though it's been a couple years I'm still kind of adjusting to the fact that I can make these arguments now and have them actually be considered let alone not be met with immediate hostility and the feeling of being ostracized for daring to even suggest that Kyoani's reputation may be more than a little inflated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
On the internets, Kyoani hands down.

If you're talking about my own backyard (Australia) then Gainax. Here, Evangelion fanbase/hype exceeds all Kyoani shows put together. The release of Rebuild 1.0 and 2.0 only extended the already massive fanbase. Not to mention TTGL is also very big here, and FLCL is also well received. Panty and Stocking is reasonably popular too.

Sunrise is pretty close too. Gundam, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop and now Tiger and Bunny are very popular here too.
I think this post helps highlight an important factor to distinguish. Outside of the internet I rarely here anybody I know of that likes anime talk about Kyoani or Shaft, but I do still hear a lot of talk about Sunrise, Gainax, Ghibli, I.G etc.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-08-19 at 20:40.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:26   Link #66
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So it is safe to criticize Kyoani now.

I guess I was the original pioneer who dared to criticize the uncriticizable "perfect" studio way back when and took a ton of crap for it and earned a reputation that I'll still probably never live down as a result. A part of me wants to say Shaft is the one now, but I also have to consider epochs here. At the current peak of Shaft's popularity (where I'd argue we are at right now) I still don't think the hardcore fans even come close to just how intense the Kyoani hardcores could get during that studios peak (2006-2009 IMO).
I thought we loved to hate you because you brag about what you do?
Old 2011-08-20, 04:37   Link #67
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
That said, this sure does seem like another variant on a hate thread.
So very true, which is way I fail to see the point in letting this go any further.

Thread closed.