AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-21, 23:50   Link #41
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Ok ok I beat the game and... I didn't get to fight The stalker during the game at all.

And what about item #6 I only got to use the pheromones once on chapter 9. I wasnt able to summon my army of monsters afterwards... So why did the machine keep that item if it was only going to be used once?
Old 2004-11-22, 01:03   Link #42
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

What do you mean you didn't fight a stalker? You had to fight a stalker its apart of the game!

Anyways who here remembers Shepherd from op force? You think he will come to the sequial to HL2?
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 01:38   Link #43
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
What do you mean you didn't fight a stalker? You had to fight a stalker its apart of the game!

Anyways who here remembers Shepherd from op force? You think he will come to the sequial to HL2?
Yes that's what I mean. There is a monster called "Stalker" a he appears in the guide book but I didn't get even get to fight him throughout the game.

And as I said in my last post, is the item #6 only used once?

The weapon arsenal wasn't as big as it was in the first game. I consider that this games MUST have a lot of hidden things for you to find out. I also hope that it has some secret chapters or something. The game seemed rather short to me.
Old 2004-11-22, 02:22   Link #44
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Yes that's what I mean. There is a monster called "Stalker" a he appears in the guide book but I didn't get even get to fight him throughout the game.

And as I said in my last post, is the item #6 only used once?

The weapon arsenal wasn't as big as it was in the first game. I consider that this games MUST have a lot of hidden things for you to find out. I also hope that it has some secret chapters or something. The game seemed rather short to me.
Ops sorry, got the stalker confused with the strider :P
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 03:24   Link #45
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker

Ah I was just thinking about this earlier, couldnt remember Shepherd's name. Opposing force was a pretty kick ass expansion, would be cool to order around a group of combine soldiers or something, beating up civilians with stun batons.

Edit: By the way, why is there less content in CS now? What happened to maps like Militia and Docks? And the VIP mode?

Shun me, for I am frumious!

Last edited by Bandersnatch; 2004-11-22 at 03:54.
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 03:27   Link #46
Umbrae
Generic Human

I have been playing this game since the day it was released, but unfortunatly do not have alot of time.

I think I am quite near the end. As some one mentioned returning to city 17, and getting a squad, I just finnished that part, and am back with the girl to meet barny.

some one here mentioned time travel, if you pay attention at the start of the game, that is quite aparent. First, people on the train mention they did not see you get one. Thus you must have ported thier. 2nd the scientist mentiones at one point it has been 6 years and you look like you have not aged a day. . . because you did not age a day! you traveled time.
Although you beeing the G-man is not somthing I thought of. . .

So far the high way was my favorite level. Man that was a blast.

Spoiler:

This game almost makes me feel like making a mod for it, just a simple HL2 mod, add a few weapons and scatter them arround, and change the damage values. I see no reason resistance, and some of the outlying areas should not have various weapons from todays time. as rebles arround the world are well known for using outdated arms for a resistance. . . perhaps I could export and import the modles from CS:S.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 03:58   Link #47
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Awwww, you guys are killing me here talking about HL2. I'm planning on getting the game mainly because I'm really looking forward to the mods that are coming out. It was quite tedious searching the net to look for mods for HL2 that I find interesting. Hopefully, there will be a mod as successful, fun and unique as Natural Selection was. Currently, the mods: System Encounter, Eternal Slience 2, Lost Reaction, Neoshock Online, Project 117, and Return to Mana sound promising.
Old 2004-11-22, 16:09   Link #48
FrostLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
Edit: By the way, why is there less content in CS now? What happened to maps like Militia and Docks? And the VIP mode?
Theres going to be a patch that will add more maps soon enough. As you can see the game is obviously not done yet. There is only 1 sprite for each side and some parts from different maps look kind of plain with not much objects. Example: Italy, the market place kind of looks like plain but i like the fact that you can slice the fruits .

Im not a big fan of CSS so far since i suck at it so far. I've played CS for over 2 years and even though CSS is not much different, i will play it anywayz.

Updates I like:
-The small things such as slicing fruits or the new way the glass breaks
-the dust/debris that comes out after u shoot the wall or ground
-the new knife
-the new smoke garnade which is very effective now
-HE garnade makes you temporairly deaf if your close enough

Updates i dont like:
-flashbang is way too strong especailly since everybody carries one now. Im getting flashbanged every second from my teammates and enemies.
-Ak seems to have much more recoil now (although it may just be that i havent played CS for a LONG time)

I've only played about an hour and a half of CSS right now cuz i dont want to play it until i beat the all amazing half life 2.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:52   Link #49
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLich
-flashbang is way too strong especailly since everybody carries one now. Im getting flashbanged every second from my teammates and enemies.
-Ak seems to have much more recoil now (although it may just be that i havent played CS for a LONG time)
The recoil in CS 1.6 and CS: Source very much the same. The recoil system in CS: Source have not be altered any way, and to dispel rumors of recoil change, Valve themselves have conducted tests, and released data for everyone to see. See here. If anything, AK-47 is actually better in CS: Source, at least the first few bullets are more accurate than it was in 1.6. Which is a huge plus for me because AL-47 is my favorite weapon. The only change seems to be the recoil crosshair. Read more about it in that page.

I don't mind the flashbang being boosted. In fact, I like it, because I'm a flashbang spammer . I am however quite surprised, and a bit annoyed that the power of the dual elites are (or seem to be) massively bolstered as well. I mean, I recieved 2 hits (non-headshot, I had armor) from dual elites and recieved 74 damage! Then I died. Crazy. Feels like dual deagles now. Saw people making CONSISTENT kills with the elites.

I'm also bummed that some of my favorite maps never made it to CS: Source (WTF is my de_inferno! ). But this page may explain why some maps aren't reSourced. I'll just quote the relevant text:
Quote:
I can't believe they spent time "SOURCing" maps like Chataue and Piranesea ... While Valve ignored good maps like Nuke or Train (or Inferno, etc). Some of the map versions don't use the new Source engine to its advantage and it seems the only updates to the map were textures ... I can't get enough of shooting those oil barrels or empty bottles, so add more! Has anyone shot the couches in Office? Amazing! Or if you shoot the computer enough a vieo card pops out! Classic

Valve almost certainly has the original .bsps for Chateau and Piranesi, but may not have everything they need for Nuke, and may not have had the license to make new versions of Train and Backalley (which were both made by Barking Dog for CS Beta 5.) Releasing a game is a complicated legal battle, and we're largely shielded from it.

Yes, the stuff in Office is cool - I wish they had done that with other maps. We can always look towards the future.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:31   Link #50
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Can't wait for CAL ( www.caleague.com ) to switch to source, me and my buddies were cal-main back in the old days. I hadn't even checked out any mods, thanks for the links. I know people are trying to crack HL 2 singleplayer mode into co-op, I want to do that so bad ~
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 21:33   Link #51
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae

This game almost makes me feel like making a mod for it, just a simple HL2 mod, add a few weapons and scatter them arround, and change the damage values. I see no reason resistance, and some of the outlying areas should not have various weapons from todays time. as rebles arround the world are well known for using outdated arms for a resistance. . . perhaps I could export and import the modles from CS:S.
actually
there are weapons from today's time

the pistol and the smg are both made by H&K
the pistol is a USP match
and the smg is an mp7 pdw...except with a full rail on the top and an attached red dot sight
the shotgun is a SPAS 12
and that pistol alyx uses looks like a usp tactical ...or a glock 18c
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 08:04   Link #52
Ending

@ Wandering_Youth

Yes, NS *was* creative and fun. Then the dev.team got stuck to their own "excelence" and decided to halt all development or leave (like the head of the project, Flayra). *Poof!* One dead mod! Stay away from it.

Hopefully the other mod makers learned from this case and hopefully there will be more of team-game mods than boring frag-mods. Neoshock seems rather promising and they advertised it in the NS forums too, when I was a regular there.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 09:06   Link #53
HopelessLover

I just got this game today, and all I have to say is WOW. Half life 2 is probably THE best game ever.

Fucken wow.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:46   Link #54
Ending

It looks good, it works good, and it has been pretty exciting thus far. Except that I STILL don't have a foggiest idea why Freeman is putting his spoon into a soup that looks a lot like civil war. Storywise not that interesting.
Old 2004-11-25, 11:01   Link #55
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
The recoil in CS 1.6 and CS: Source very much the same. The recoil system in CS: Source have not be altered any way, and to dispel rumors of recoil change, Valve themselves have conducted tests, and released data for everyone to see. See here. If anything, AK-47 is actually better in CS: Source, at least the first few bullets are more accurate than it was in 1.6. Which is a huge plus for me because AL-47 is my favorite weapon. The only change seems to be the recoil crosshair. Read more about it in that page.
AK47 sucks in CS:Source. They say the recoil hasn't been changed, but try it out for yourself. I love the AK74 in original CS, it's the best weapon in there. I can't believe how much it has changed in CS:S. It sucks so much now.
I'll just get back to Half Life 2 and leave CS:S as it is. Someone PM me when they change/add stuff, I might try it again when they do.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 11:37   Link #56
SlugZilla
woofles

I'm getting more frags with the FAMAS than any other gun now...
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 11:45   Link #57
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
I'm getting more frags with the FAMAS than any other gun now...
The Famas was turned into a headshot magnet, the Duelies are now duel Deagles, and the AK sucks. They sort of ruined the CS experience for me with source. I would much rather play 1.6 at this point.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 13:55   Link #58
Ending

@ Yuiichi

Naa, you just aren't used to the new changes yet; tell us again about it after a month or so. It's always the same when something is changed: people whine and opposite even if it were for the better without even realizing it. Which is better: to have changes breathing life to a stale game, or no changes at all? I know NS hasn't done any major changes in years and it shows.
Old 2004-11-25, 14:32   Link #59
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
@ Yuiichi

Naa, you just aren't used to the new changes yet; tell us again about it after a month or so. It's always the same when something is changed: people whine and opposite even if it were for the better without even realizing it. Which is better: to have changes breathing life to a stale game, or no changes at all? I know NS hasn't done any major changes in years and it shows.
Oh, i'm not complaining at all. Thats just how i see the game being.

I'm not saying that they should completely rework it, or change everything because i said so, i think the game is great. I actually played it for around 2 hours last night. I really suck But, i do think that a lot of source still needs updates.

New maps is a must, and allowing you to download maps from the server is also something that needs to be done.

The fact is, i would rather play 1.6 that source, because it's what i'm used to and what i like. I play the maps that i like (that aren't currently in source, all the aim maps).

The thing is, i bought HL2 for source, and i end up liking HL2 so much better than source. Funny how things work out like that.

I'll continue to play source and tell you my reactions.

Also, i don't think 1.6 is stale, i still really like it and have been playing for quite a while.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 05:09   Link #60
Chronissz

I noticed you could shoot computers apart in CS:S, the HD's come out, the ram, graphics card, motherboard, even the CPU comes out. However, this is not true in HL2, you can shoot them as much as you want and parts never fly out.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote